Tyler Walker (1 Viewer)

better days

@better days any word on how jobello is doing in training ? Close to making a claim for the first team ?
I think he's been looking ok
That's probably why he only played 45 minutes for the U23s on Tuesday so he could be on the bench last night
He could bring something to the side in the coming weeks but doubt he will be starting for a bit

cc84cov

I think he's been looking ok
That's probably why he only played 45 minutes for the U23s on Tuesday so he could be on the bench last night
He could bring something to the side in the coming weeks but doubt he will be starting for a bit
Yes hopefully he can make a come back as we now seem to be using wide players again

johnwillomagic

I think Osti may actually start at Right back with Dabo being rested and Giles being moved back to Left Back ....depends if MR feels Dabo can cope with 3 90 minutes in one week I suppose - not sure I'd risk it personally was surprised but happy he played last night.

:unsure:
If the above happened O'Hare and Osti would be back for Norwich and Godden was never in the picture currently for the short term anyhow
unless Rob is proposing Godden play with one foot on Saturday!

edgy

Just dont see MR playing both Walker and Godden at the same time in a starting line-up. There's not much evidence of that. He's a 1 up front man.

Can only see that happening if we are chasing a game. The new plan seems to be to stifle opponents, hope for a 0-0 towards the end of the game then go for it.

cc84cov

Just dont see MR playing both Walker and Godden at the same time in a starting line-up. There's not much evidence of that. He's a 1 up front man.

Can only see that happening if we are chasing a game. The new plan seems to be to stifle opponents, hope for a 0-0 towards the end of the game then go for it.
In that case Godden is on the bench as walker has made the shirt his currently,although I feel if Godden is fit he plays with walker maybe slotting in down the side off him

JulianDarbyFTW

I think Baka is still here because he's cheap. It'd be hard to get a significantly better player in to be 3rd striker (bearing in mind we've played 1 up top in the majority of games, so effectively 3rd choice) for such a low cost.

Frostie

Robins has openly said he wanted to play the 2 together. It's just they've not both been fully fit at the same time.

87 n all that

I think Osti may actually start at Right back with Dabo being rested and Giles being moved back to Left Back ....depends if MR feels Dabo can cope with 3 90 minutes in one week I suppose - not sure I'd risk it personally was surprised but happy he played last night.

:unsure:
If the above happened O'Hare and Osti would be back for Norwich and Godden was never in the picture currently for the short term anyhow
unless Rob is proposing Godden play with one foot on Saturday!
I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays 3 at the back in this one. They’re top of the league. Giles at LB would worry me in a flat back 4. Hats off to Dabo. Putting in a great shift every few days when nowhere near fit.

clint van damme

Three strikers gives you an option...Biamou is strong and an x factor which hasn't yet been properly exploited. Be nice to have them all on the pitch at once. Like I say we're spoilt for choice..

All on the pitch at once?!
Unless it's in the warm up that's the maddest thing I've read on here in a while - and frankly there's never any shortage of crazy shit.

Greggs

Really? I thought he was a popular lad and haven't heard anything bad about him
Mind you the pubs are still shut ;)
nah i'm just bored mate, should be at the gym but im sat drinking wine watching the mrs fight with a christmas tree.

Londonccfcfan

I've said it before, he's better than Godden. Look forward to them playing upfront together though.

Thats a big call, He certainly has more potential than Godden, age on his side he will eventually no doubt be better.

We havnt really seen him in big match situations, must win games (Godden delivered towards end of last season when 1 goal won us big matches).

Under pressure - Eg Penalties Godden all day.

Ultimately not seen enough of Walker yet has slightly more pace and also has 2 good feet it seems like Godden.

Mucca Mad Boys

MR has proven he’s tactically flexible. Played 4-4-2 for 2 seasons, then 4-3-3, then 5-3-2, 3-4-2-1, back to 5-3-2 and now back to 4-5-1/4-2-3-1.

If we play 2 strikers, Walker and Godden will start if match fit and available, 100%.

If not, then it’s a battle between them, and Walker has put in some good shifts to make MR rethink if Godden walks back into the side.

BornSlippySkyBlue

So, we’re thinking of possibly 2 up top, and we’ve been playing 4 at the back a bit to give us more solidity. Wonder if there’s any formations that could fit 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers :p

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So, we’re thinking of possibly 2 up top, and we’ve been playing 4 at the back a bit to give us more solidity. Wonder if there’s any formations that could fit 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers :p
4-1-2-1-2 (AKA diamond)
4-3-1-2
4-1-3-2
4-2-2-2

and I think that's it.

hill83

MR has proven he’s tactically flexible. Played 4-4-2 for 2 seasons, then 4-3-3, then 5-3-2, 3-4-2-1, back to 5-3-2 and now back to 4-5-1/4-2-3-1.

If we play 2 strikers, Walker and Godden will start if match fit and available, 100%.

If not, then it’s a battle between them, and Walker has put in some good shifts to make MR rethink if Godden walks back into the side.

No because the narrative is that he was forced into all of those changes m8

Mucca Mad Boys

No because the narrative is that he was forced into all of those changes m8

He was forced into making those changes and that demonstrates his flexibility as a manager - an admirable trait. A lot of mangers would've tried to fit square pegs into round holes.

#RobinsIn

hill83

He was forced into making those changes and that demonstrates his flexibility as a manager - an admirable trait. A lot of mangers would've tried to fit square pegs into round holes.

#RobinsIn

Please don't say square pegs round holes. It reminds me of Chris Coleman.

Hobo

#RobinsIn

Most tactical changes are forced upon managers.

Users who are viewing this thread