Tyler Walker deal done??? (4 Viewers)

better days

Could understand why he would want to go to Lincoln, especially if Grant has signed for them who he would have grown up with at Forest.
It's easy to underestimate the effect of how a manager sells a club to a player
Robins is pretty good and has a decent reputation but of all young British managers Danny Cowley is seen as the rising star

skyblue1991

Pretty disappointing that we're going into the season far weaker in an attacking sense than we did last season, it doesn't bode well at all. Selling two strikers both relatively proven at this level to replace them with nobody is piss poor, yes we might get somebody but I can't help thinking it will end up being a punt on a loanee.
My sentiments exactly

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Manchester_sky_blue

It is what it is. All of our players are for sale at any time, if someone came in and offered proper money for our entire first team squad today they'd all be gone by tomorrow. It's not great but that is the reality and we just have to deal with it as best we can.

Mcbean

Onwards - close thread and start another - got to keep the pressure on - this ones dead and had much hot air - as I understand the free transfer boys all get snapped up
Late so possibly someone ex Championship will come our way after all we are Coventry City and none of you remoaners should forget it !

skybluegod

Pretty disappointing that we're going into the season far weaker in an attacking sense than we did last season, it doesn't bode well at all. Selling two strikers both relatively proven at this level to replace them with nobody is piss poor, yes we might get somebody but I can't help thinking it will end up being a punt on a loanee.

What? How are we going into this season weaker than when we went into last season?

Last season the attackers on the first day were:
- Biamou- Still here
- Andreu- Think we all agree was pretty crap
- Hiwula- Who is a much better player than when he first came?
- Clarke-Harris- who had 1 good game in 5 for us?
-Ponti- Who then spent the rest of the season injured or in the u23's

This season
Biamou
Jobello- Has to be an improvement on Bayliss at RM?
Krastaneer (probably got that wrong)- A possible improvement? We don't know
Hiwula- As i said a much better player than when he first came.
Baka- better than ponticelli, probably not an improvement on Clarke-harris though?

Wouldn't say we are weaker than last season? Just wouldn't say we are better. Probably about the same as it stands.

torchomatic

Certainly don't think we are weaker, but we definitely could be a lot stronger.

Liquid Gold

What? How are we going into this season weaker than when we went into last season?

- Biamou- Still here

This season
Biamou
Baka- better than ponticelli, probably not an improvement on Clarke-harris though?

Wouldn't say we are weaker than last season? Just wouldn't say we are better. Probably about the same as it stands.
Fair enough probably not in an attacking sense as a whole but at centre forward we've gone from

Baka
Biamou
Chaplin
JCH

To

Baka
Biamou

Add that Biamou is coming back from an ACL and it's negligent to be this close to the season with no other options.

fernandopartridge

- Biamou- Still here

This season
Biamou

I'm not sure why you've lumped wingers in?

OK - we're struggling to break down Southend on Saturday, let's have a look to our options on the bench......

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

giphy.gif

I don’t think fairness comes into it. Once you put our future in the hands of third parties all bets are off.

Yeah... would have been more helpful if the council didn’t sell a city asset to a third party from London.

I mean ACL was doing just fine without Coventry City.

Magwitch

Well we had a striker, Chaplin, who didn’t score and a forward, Thomas who couldn’t score. we’re no different really. If this Walker has gone elsewhere so be it, there’s plenty of fish in the sea and there’s still time to get one in on a permanent deal and there’s the loan market yet and I also think Hiwula could do an effective job down the middle but I would like another striker in.

skybluegod

I'm not sure why you've lumped wingers in?

OK - we're struggling to break down Southend on Saturday, let's have a look to our options on the bench......

You said attackers? In what world are attackers not wingers?

So we have two changes from last season? JCH swapped for Baka? And ponticelli.

Kastaneer can play as a Striker.

It wwas the same as last season, look at our Bench, hell look at our starting line up. I didn't say we were stronger. I just said we aren't any worse off than last season. If we still have the same attackers at the end of August then panic.

skybluegod

Fair enough probably not in an attacking sense as a whole but at centre forward we've gone from

Baka
Biamou
Chaplin
JCH

To

Baka
Biamou

Add that Biamou is coming back from an ACL and it's negligent to be this close to the season with no other options.

To be fair I only had JCH and Biamou at the start of last season. Baka didn't sign until after the Scunthorpe game from memory?

If we still only have the current options come end of August then i will worry.

Liquid Gold

To be fair I only had JCH and Biamou at the start of last season. Baka didn't sign until after the Scunthorpe game from memory?

If we still only have the current options come end of August then i will worry.
Yeah that's fair, Chaplin didn't come until the end of august either. Sort of makes my point though that successive seasons we've started without enough options up front. This is an area we struggled in last year too.

We've got 6 games before the end of the month, 18 points available, we could be kicking ourselves if we have a slow start because we can't put the ball in the net. Again!

skybluegod

Yeah that's fair, Chaplin didn't come until the end of august either. Sort of makes my point though that successive seasons we've started without enough options up front. This is an area we struggled in last year too.

We've got 6 games before the end of the month, 18 points available, we could be kicking ourselves if we have a slow start because we can't put the ball in the net. Again!

I agree, it is a shame but to be honest it will always be the way. As everything seems to happen last minute for strikers as a chain needs to be set off! I fully expect one to sign within the next 2 weeks to be honest. I like you will be very disappointed if we wait until the last second again!

Liquid Gold

I agree, it is a shame but to be honest it will always be the way. As everything seems to happen last minute for strikers as a chain needs to be set off! I fully expect one to sign within the next 2 weeks to be honest. I like you will be very disappointed if we wait until the last second again!
It's just a shame, we put so much good work into recruitment and getting players over the line early then we don't sort a striker until the last minute and it has the potential to undo all the hard work.

I'm not sure about this 'striker move later' concept either, is there anything to back that up or is it just the way we appear to work?

shmmeee

At this point last year we had no Chaplin, Baka, Hiwula or Thomas.

skybluegod

It's just a shame, we put so much good work into recruitment and getting players over the line early then we don't sort a striker until the last minute and it has the potential to undo all the hard work.

I'm not sure about this 'striker move later' concept either, is there anything to back that up or is it just the way we appear to work?

I agree, but i guess the problem is not many good strikers end up being released.

It just appears to me how it works to me. I could probably go back and find evidence, but in general people seem to hold onto their best strikers until they have a replacement lined up. And so they often drag out all summer, when buying players. Also for loan strikers from the Prem- it normally isn't until the end of pre-season that they are allowed out on loan.

So to answer your question it is just how it appears to me, obviously not all striker moves are like that, just seems to be the case for a lot of transfers.

Great_Expectations

If on August 31st we haven’t signed another striker, then the meltdown is more understandable.

At this point, with a month left and Hiwula, a striker who we all agree is talented, fit and ready to start the season, plus two attack minded and, on paper, improved wingers outside of him, we don’t need to panic.

The Walker deal is frustrating, but it happens. Who’s to say he’ll work at this level anyway? Or he would fit into our system?

As I’ve said before; our scouting system appears to be much improved and Badlan appears to know what he’s doing. Coupled with the fact MR has been backed and evidently has money still to spend, let’s chill and have a bit of faith.

Skyblue_CP

Not going to lie, i wouldn't want to come here... go to a club that has terrible PR and is in the news for all the wrong reason. Playing at a stadium outside the city that will have no more than 3-4k echoing inside. Or a nice little 10k stadium filled to the rafters with a good atmosphere and on the up... its a no brainer.

fernandopartridge

I just don't buy this "We've got until 31st August" stuff - we should be going into the season fully ready. Not scrambling around for a striker again.

We started poorly last season, 1 win in the first 6 games and 1 goal from open play, we can't afford to do that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's a shame because most of our team looks really good. Striking wise we are looking very absent and it'll be really frustrating if it is our downfall again.

Anyone that thinks we are better up front than last season at present needs to put the wacky gas down.

Users who are viewing this thread