tudgay !!! (1 Viewer)

happy with tudgay if he signs ? #PUSB

• Total voters

RFC

Money doesn't buy success although it can sometimes help .

Camerarderi & team spirit are far more important as Germany have recently proved.

No stars but brilliant togetherness team organisation & understanding.

RoboCCFC90

Robbo - I've read and re-read that last sentence and am still not sure if you are trying to claim you are a striker?!? - get your boots on son, you're in ! :(

Haha!!

Although I used to play as a striker, with my dodgy knee's I can barely kick a ball nowadays without doing damage to myself!

I really should have used a comma in that sentence!

Sky Blue Harry H

Camerarderi & team spirit are far more important as Germany have recently proved.

I'm not sure whether Camerarderi is an Italian we've snapped up whilst at Lake Garda, or a cheese you're fond of RFC - there used to be a short bloke who started off at Everton called Danny who had a name a bit like this but not quite.......have another go, or pick a word/phrase you can spell ... e.g. friendship, man hugs etc :confused:

SkyBlue_Bear83

No surprise as today's game postponed and just maybe hasn't quite seen enough of him to make a decision but don't expect anything to happen until the start of next week. PUSB!

I doubt todays game would have been significant as to whether he would have been offered a contract or not.

Noggin

money beats camaraderie and team spirit every day of the week unfortunately. however money + team spirit, camaraderie and great organization, beats just more money sure.

Germany's success certainly was down to money, due to spending huge amounts on grass roots football, on academies and training facilities and making sure they thrived.

mrtrench

Very wise words. Are you a University lecturer or a rocket scientist?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Germany have no star players except for some of the best players in the world in goal, in defence, in midfield and in attack. Other than that though, they have no stars.

paulw

Pressley was due to speak to triallist Marcus Tudgay over the weekend and a verdict on whether the former Nottingham Forest striker has been offered a deal could be confirmed today.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/coventry-city-boss-steven-pressley-7517523

I am in the pub near Bubbenhall with my father and we just drove past Ryton. A lot of movement in and out the place today. Rumour is Tudgay will sign but the club also have 2 or 3 players in this morning so we could see alot happening in the next few hours.

paulw

Which make of phone was it and was he on pay as you go or contract?
I'm sick of this half arsed reporting.

I really am in a pub near the training ground and I honestly have been up the training ground this morning, sad I know, but my dad likes to go up there most mornings.
To be honest Hill83 I much prefer these threads than the ACL/SISU/CCC I'll sue your arse kind of threads. The pre-season is all about optimism and who we get in. Of course there are 'false' threads, but not from me, but we have dropped so far withing 10 years we have gone from signing 'big name' players to free conference ones.

hill83

I really am in a pub near the training ground and I honestly have been up the training ground this morning, sad I know, but my dad likes to go up there most mornings.
To be honest Hill83 I much prefer these threads than the ACL/SISU/CCC I'll sue your arse kind of threads. The pre-season is all about optimism and who we get in. Of course there are 'false' threads, but not from me, but we have dropped so far withing 10 years we have gone from signing 'big name' players to free conference ones.

I was only messing about chap. Any news is something to read at least.

SlowerThanPlatt

Just watched Pressley's interview on Sky Blues Player.

"We'd like to bring Marcus into the group. We're going to work hard on that and I've spoke to Steve (Waggott) about that.

"Hopefully we can come to an agreement with the player. When he arrived here, we spoke with his representatives about the perimeters we're operating in.

"If we can come to an agreement, he'd be an excellent addition to the squad but until we secure that, I'll not get excited."

Last edited:

Grendel

Hobo

The truth is hardly any clubs in this league pay transfer fees for players.

But you can and we should be able to afford a small fee, especially if we want to get out of this division. Oops that would screw SISU's bargaining position though, wouldn't it?

Kingokings204

Yes but we should be able to buy a striker who looks quite good with both leon Clarke and CW not replaced. We got a combined 3-4m.

This higdon bloke looks good and probably only 200-250k.

Apart from Assombalonga, the best striker in this league. Not a youngster anymore but he's a fantastic finisher and has got much needed experience. He can help the young strikers like George Thomas and it sounds like he has a pretty good partnership with Shaun Miller. I don't think we could have done any better seeing as Shitsu refuse to use money brought in from selling OUR players

SkyBlue_Bear83

Apart from Assombalonga, the best striker in this league. Not a youngster anymore but he's a fantastic finisher and has got much needed experience. He can help the young strikers like George Thomas and it sounds like he has a pretty good partnership with Shaun Miller. I don't think we could have done any better seeing as SISU refuse to use money brought in from selling OUR players

Not that I'm unhappy with this potential signing but what makes you believe he will the second best striker in this league?

junglej13

Call me a doom merchant but I'm quite sceptical about whether Tudgay will sign. I don't know if anyone saw the interview the Telegraph did with him in Italy but it sounded to me like he had very few options and was coming here to get fit.

Astute

And how many clubs will get large transfer fees and compo whilst letting most of their 1st team go?

Users who are viewing this thread