Tudgay - New contract or not ? (1 Viewer)

Kilclines curly mullet

This one divides opinions. I think Tudgay should have had more of an opportunity this season (especially ahead of MAF).

A decent squad player who never moans and I think he is popular in the dressing room based on the way the whole team celebrated his goal with him.

Will never score 20 goals a season but his hold up play and awareness is underrated in my opinion.

I vote a one year contract offer.

Thoughts....

Otis

This one divides opinions. I think Tudgay should have had more of an opportunity this season (especially ahead of MAF).

A decent squad player who never moans and I think he is popular in the dressing room based on the way the whole team celebrated his goal with him.

Will never score 20 goals a season but his hold up play and awareness is underrated in my opinion.

Thoughts....
No. 34 next season.

Plus he hardly plays for us and not prolific enough. Don't think we would get anything like a full season out of him.

Let him go and let's go for experience, but still with a couple of years left on the player's side.

chiefdave

Only worth keeping if Mowbray is going to play him. Think he's been a bit hard done by this season, I'd have made more use of him personally.

Evo1883

He's the only one of the older players that I would give another year too , ricketts ,Henderson , hunt , ramage , fortune and Cole can all go

Rodders1

Yes - played well today when he came on. Most importantly he looked so up for it - ran everything down.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think we were lucky to re-sign him last season, and must have been promised game time, but as it hasn't worked out that way, I can't see him wanting to stay and not be in with a shout of starting.

Is a decent squad player and like to think we'd offer him an extension but doubt he'll sign

ptr

I would give him a year. Great finish today and always has an excellent attitude. Also not in favour of having to keep changing the squad completely each year. Would also keep Cole as today he acted more as a captain then Ricketts will ever be. Surely he will only be a positive influence next year.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Mowbray said today that his goals per minute played is better than the rest, I have wondered all this year why he has not played him more. One of the few players we have with a footballing brain.

he knows how to get others involved and is a nuisance of a player, waster that we have not played him more this year. Armstrong needs a partner alongside him and he would have been perfect for most of this year but probably not next as a bit too old.

RFC

I would give him a year. Great finish today and always has an excellent attitude. Also not in favour of having to keep changing the squad completely each year. Would also keep Cole as today he acted more as a captain then Ricketts will ever be. Surely he will only be a positive influence next year.

steve82

I'd defiantly give him another year if he's willing to stay. Puts the effort in always and his experience is key with the younger strikers. Tho I'd like to see him used more than he has been.
His goal return is not too bad per minutes played, scores every 200 mins of football this season which concidering when he's brought on we're chasing games and just lumping it so services is not great its not a bad return.
Ps tuggy for captain. Showed far more passion than the shite he replaced!

Kilclines curly mullet

Agree. Always gives 100%. When he came on against Blackpool, we were backs against the wall, not only did he show calmness and match awareness but he also got stuck in on the edge of our area to help the defence.

As somebody has mentioned, he has a footballing brain which can only help the new lot of young loanees next season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In two minds about this one

He went from being underrated last season to now being overrated by some.

As a third or fourth choice striker or a plan B we could do worse than Tudgay.

oldfiver

Mowbray said today that his goals per minute played is better than the rest, I have wondered all this year why he has not played him more. One of the few players we have with a footballing brain.

he knows how to get others involved and is a nuisance of a player, waster that we have not played him more this year. Armstrong needs a partner alongside him and he would have been perfect for most of this year but probably not next as a bit too old.

"One of the few players we have with a footballing brain." Exactly what I said and deserves his contract. He would have played more if Pressley had not ignored him!

ccfcway

"One of the few players we have with a footballing brain." Exactly what I said and deserves his contract. He would have played more if Pressley had not ignored him!

how is it pressleys fault he hasn't played in the last 15 months ?

SkyBlueRuffian

Thoughts....
Agreed, works his socks off and gets stuck in, and like you say just gets in with things. TM sees him every training session, but I also feel he's been harshly treated.

stupot07

I feel he has been harshly treated but no I think if we want to progress this squad has shown it is lacking quality and the right mentality.

Add to that he's now 33, we can afford 1-2 old heads but mowbray needs limit it next season and get a few more 26-28 year olds around their peak to supplement the squad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Samo

Yes. Great to have around the squad and available on the bench like today.

Gazolba

Keep him. Get rid of Henderson and Fortune.

stevefloyd

We need to get someone like Sawers, but its a no for me for Tudgay, although he has got a lot better than I thought he could we still need a real goal threat taking up wages and coming off the bench, if we want to move forward we simply need better players. Tudgay has at times done well for us a lot better than Fortune' and Henderson and out of the 3 he would be the one who is the better player and offers more but more is not enough

Gazolba

<snip> Tudgay has at times done well for us a lot better than Fortune' and Henderson and out of the 3 he would be the one who is the better player and offers more but more is not enough

Maybe it's the players around him who are not good enough. Maybe if we had players who could actually take free kicks and corners or players who could put in dangerous crosses, you would see a whole new Tudgay. I don't think you can assign Tudgay any blame for our recent terrible run of form because he has largely been ignored by Mowbray.

ccfcway

its a no from me.

wiki showing 7 goals in 43 games for us.

Not good enough for player likely to be on a very decent wage

dongonzalos

No point
He is good enough IMO
But not in TM's and that's the key point.
Use the wages elsewhere.
Let him go somewhere his skill is appreciated and utilised

Sick Boy

I'd definitely give him another year and play him a lot more; he has been harshly treated this season and it's a travesty Fortune has played so much more than him.

rupert_bear

Too old, and obviously not that high in Mowbray's plans. Always puts a shift in and so should every pro. player selected to play ( are you reading Mr Murphy) Certain he will have plenty of suitors in the leagues below.

Nick

Administrator
I reckon if played week in week out we would see more from him, always seems sharp. Burton away as well

Users who are viewing this thread