Tudgay - New contract or not ? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's not the stats that I have for him for this league one season only?
He scored one in about 33 minutes yesterday?
Either way he's ratio is pretty good and worth retaining - would have been nice for him to have played more in tandem with Armstrong imo?
That includes 2 cup matches this season, his league record is 4 goals in 799 minutes so virtually the same goals to minutes.

johnwillomagic

Has his goal on Saturday been updated into these figures if not he has 5 in about 829 minutes in the league and Armstrong has another 90 mins to add without a goal in the league?

johnwillomagic

A lot of Tudguys stats are taken from him playing regularly at a higher level - if he played regularly at league 1 level which lets face it is not fantastic he could have returned a better ratio???

stupot07

Has his goal on Saturday been updated into these figures if not he has 5 in about 829 minutes in the league and Armstrong has another 90 mins to add without a goal in the league?
He's only got 4 league goals, (Burton,swindon ,fleetwood and millwall) the other was in the league cup against Rochdale

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

People are saying he should be 4th or 5th choice that means we need to buy or loan 3 or 4 better stickers then him come the summer?
What are the odds on that we will struggle to find 2 decent stickers IMO.

steve82

People are saying he should be 4th or 5th choice that means we need to buy or loan 3 or 4 better stickers then him come the summer?
What are the odds on that we will struggle to find 2 decent stickers IMO.

This is very true. While tuggy will only realistically get you 10 a season it's not a bad contribution if we've got another 20 goal striker to rely on plus others chip in.
I'm gonna raise the stat stakes, yesterday's goal was his 96th career goal, that took his career goals per minutes to 1 every 312 mins.

ccfcway

Out of interest what's his season stats over the last 5 seasons say? Can you see them? Think last season was 3 or 4?? Not 100%

Barnsley (loan)
2012–13[SUP][40][/SUP]
Championship
Barnsley (loan)
2013–14[SUP][41][/SUP]
Championship
Charlton (Loan)
2013–14[SUP][41][/SUP]
Championship
Coventry
2014–15[SUP][42][/SUP]
League One
Coventry
2015–16[SUP][43][/SUP]
League One
Total

Last edited:

Grendel

Yes, what I posted includes yesterdays match, there goes your last straw

Don't know what your problem is.

Your clueless mate Mowbray will no doubt offer gone goal machine fortune a contract and make him back up striker again.

steve82

Cheers ccfcway. Fair to say he's having a Indian summer to his career. I'd still like to see him stay another year.
Yes we do still need out and out striker but he can be a vital experienced figure to those younger lads coming in. I feel he's done enough to earn a new deal.
Hands up who's for a new contract!!
c1912b6488b3583eba2e353b68e35b3c.jpg

letsallsingtogether

Barnsley (loan)
2012–13[SUP][40][/SUP]
Championship
Barnsley (loan)
2013–14[SUP][41][/SUP]
Championship
Charlton (Loan)
2013–14[SUP][41][/SUP]
Championship
Coventry
2014–15[SUP][42][/SUP]
League One
Coventry
2015–16[SUP][43][/SUP]
League One
Total

Means nothing if the games where he didn't score he came on as a sub with 15 minutes to go.
Most of his games for us were just camio rolls, where the striker on the pitch hadn't scored for most of the game.
How many games have we lost when he has actually scored?

Grendel

Means nothing if the games where he didn't score he came on as a sub with 15 minutes to go.
Most of his games for us were just camio rolls, where the striker on the pitch hadn't scored for most of the game.
How many games have we lost when he has actually scored?

We never lost a game Richard Shaw scored in but so?

Steve.B50

This one divides opinions. I think Tudgay should have had more of an opportunity this season (especially ahead of MAF).

A decent squad player who never moans and I think he is popular in the dressing room based on the way the whole team celebrated his goal with him.

Will never score 20 goals a season but his hold up play and awareness is underrated in my opinion.

I vote a one year contract offer.

Thoughts....

I personally would like like him to stay as a squad player for another season, however I believe he has been offered a deal to play in China next season.

johnwillomagic

Bit confused Grendel you obviously rate Tudguy over MAF but would you keep him given recent form
or would you not keep for 1 year option with squad? Obviously assuming we will not get back Armstrong, Madders and Murphy next year and cannot see us retaining MAF or Henderson so we will be light without recruitment though some have high hopes for G.Thomas it seems next year. Personally I would keep him another year if possible.

Grendel

Bit confused Grendel you obviously rate Tudguy over MAF but would you keep him given recent form
or would you not keep for 1 year option with squad? Obviously assuming we will not get back Armstrong, Madders and Murphy next year and cannot see us retaining MAF or Henderson so we will be light without recruitment though some have high hopes for G.Thomas it seems next year. Personally I would keep him another year if possible.

Depends on how cheap he is. If he agrees a very low offer then fine. He's fit enough - unlike Cole he can still clearly run - but budget is the priority. A low offer and he accepts then yes.

letsallsingtogether

Depends on how cheap he is. If he agrees a very low offer then fine. He's fit enough - unlike Cole he can still clearly run - but budget is the priority. A low offer and he accepts then yes.

So who would you expect to to get in to receive place of all those strikers that are leaving would you pay them more then 500 quid a week, is it all about bargain basement with you?
we have been doing that for the last 10 years and it shows.

johnwillomagic

I don't think Tudguy will be on that much now tbh - think he will be on less than quite a few currently!
MAF, Cole, Hunt, Ricketts, Reda. Madders, Fleck and Conor Thomas all probably on more!

Think if we offer round what his on this time round will be fair on what he has given this season?
Suppose it may boil down to how much his wage really is and how much we can get in replacement for same value.

We won't get Lambert or Madden for this current wages I wager...

Gazolba

Keep him. He does try and he occasionally scores. Next season, who knows, that could make him player of the season!

steve82

Showed his value and experience Tuesday night when he came on, gave leadership and calmness up the top end of the pitch. Took bradfords sting out the game by slowing things down.
A good pro to come off the bench and be in the team.

StevieM

This season his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio is great, holds the ball up quite well and works hard to close down defenders from the front. He gets some great defensive headers in at set pieces and from what he says when spoken to by the media seems a good "team" player.
A bonus for his age is that in his time with us he has rarely been out injured so more often than not available for selection.
Importantly for the manager, Tudgay seems like he is "low maintenance" and just gets on with it.
I would be happy to see him here next season even if only used now and then.

eastwoodsdustman

I think I read somewhere that he was looking to retire at the end of the season as he has some business that he's set up. Apparently he never liked football too much, it was just his job!
He should have come into the team a few months ago when the slump started and would certainly give him another season if he wanted to carry on.

Nick

Administrator
I'd say its closer now as Armstrong has played a couple of games and not scored hasn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread