Trust response to Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Him still being there still links the owners with the club publically. We’ve had the argument millions of times on SISU and the club are/are not the same thing - fisher is the man that links both interests. Boddy hasn’t yet peddled those lines
Lets say Fisher resigns tomorrow, what do you expect to happen then? Assuming he resigns all his roles the club has no chairman and no directors.

IMO one of two things will happen. 1) Boddy is given Fishers roles, at least temporarily, surely a disadvantage in any talks with Wasps or 2) SISU appoint someone else, as hard as it might be to imagine given their track record there is every chance that new appointment will be worse than Fisher (in recent months Fisher has largely kept his mouth shut and remained out of the spotlight which I'm sure everyone agrees is a good thing).

I don't see how either of those options improve things? Or are people expecting SISU to suddenly drop legal action if Fisher goes?

chiefdave

Thank you NW. I appreciate that. However as I’ve been constantly told we need to speak to the people and I’m the only one that does it I don’t see how I’ve got any other option, do you?
Sorry to hear about your Nan, went through similar a few months back and no matter how much you're expecting it doesn't make it any easier.

To be honest given the situation it looks even worse on the trust that this is all left up to you. They are all capable of spouting off on twitter, why can't a couple of them sign up on here to give the trust side of things.

Think they're hanging you out to dry, they happily leave you to deal with all the complaints while they do whatever they feel like.

torchomatic

ccfcway

Lets say Fisher resigns tomorrow, what do you expect to happen then ?

Sisu not to accept it.

The one thing I agree with in that poor statement by the trust is...

Either Tim is complicit or at least compliant. Does anyone disagree ?

Skybluefaz

Sorry to hear about your Nan, went through similar a few months back and no matter how much you're expecting it doesn't make it any easier.

To be honest given the situation it looks even worse on the trust that this is all left up to you. They are all capable of spouting off on twitter, why can't a couple of them sign up on here to give the trust side of things.

Think they're hanging you out to dry, they happily leave you to deal with all the complaints while they do whatever they feel like.

Indeed CJ seems to be speaking on behalf of people he doesn't agree with based on this thread re Wasps and boycotts.

It's confusing from the outside looking in.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Lets say Fisher resigns tomorrow, what do you expect to happen then? Assuming he resigns all his roles the club has no chairman and no directors.
Every time I see Fisher, I think of the Yorkshire Ripper, so I for one would be glad if he went. .

Sky Blue Pete

My councillor replied to say there has been a lot going on in the background, It is not all mentioned in the press. They are as keen as anyone to get this sorted. But not owning the ground does make us disconnected from the process in general and any final deal has to be between the ground owners and CCFC. CCC has limited input into any of this. None of them have to take any notice of us. I think we do all need to follow this up with our councillors and mp’s. They need to know what we expect of them in terms of European city of sport and city of culture. Major own goal to lose the club

Otis

My councillor replied to say there has been a lot going on in the background, It is not all mentioned in the press. They are as keen as anyone to get this sorted. But not owning the ground does make us disconnected from the process in general and any final deal has to be between the ground owners and CCFC. CCC has limited input into any of this. None of them have to take any notice of us. I think we do all need to follow this up with our councillors and mp’s. They need to know what we expect of them in terms of European city of sport and city of culture. Major own goal to lose the club
Wasps need to keep the council on board though don't they for any future planning etc.

The council do have some sway here.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps need to keep the council on board though don't they for any future planning etc.

Of course they do. The Council soon had input when there was rumours of the Butts and they jumped in to try and block it.

It's just more lies they can get away with as they have "public opinion" on their side.

Sky Blue Pete

I agree. I’ve asked how losing the club fits in with the city of culture and European city of sport events and if he would like any personal context of the impact the club has on the local community then to ask.

Nick

Administrator
I agree. I’ve asked how losing the club fits in with the city of culture and European city of sport events and if he would like any personal context of the impact the club has on the local community then to ask.

I'd bet the European City of Sport heavily revolves around Wasps.

The impact on the community would be massive, it's a good point!

Sky Blue Pete

Of course they do. The Council soon had input when there was rumours of the Butts and they jumped in to try and block it.

It's just more lies they can get away with as they have "public opinion" on their side.
So you’re response would be? Of course you do why did you stop the move to the butts? Why is the council wishing to destroy he club? Is it personal against joy and Sisu?

Nick

Administrator
So you’re response would be? Of course you do why did you stop the move to the butts? Why is the council wishing to destroy he club? Is it personal against joy and Sisu?

They will always have some sort of input / power as seen by what they did with Cov Rugby. For them to say they have no say is nonsense.

I doubt they would answer about wishing to destroy the club but I'd say it is pretty personal.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Fisher going doesn't remove a link, the same as when igwe and orange Ken went. That's the thing and what's missed.

That's not saying he's an amazing chairman, he clearly isn't. Boddy has done much more in less time in terms of improving the club.
I don't mean it would remove the official link, but as you well know a lot of our fans do think he's part of both and as such -they think the club and SISU is the same thing.

You only have to look at the misinformation on the clubs fb page to see this

Sky Blue Pete

They will always have some sort of input / power as seen by what they did with Cov Rugby. For them to say they have no say is nonsense.

I doubt they would answer about wishing to destroy the club but I'd say it is pretty personal.
I know from conversations I’ve had directly with those involved that ccc and seppalla fell out massively and from a person who is wise and respected in their field the blame wasn’t all on Sisu. What i didnt understand was why continue the legal action? It’s such a mess and I’m pretty sure ccc wasps Sisu Ccfc are fully expecting a resolution which may mean sleepwalking into a catastrophic outcome for Ccfc

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

IMO one of two things will happen. 1) Boddy is given Fishers roles, at least temporarily, surely a disadvantage in any talks with Wasps or 2) SISU appoint someone else, as hard as it might be to imagine given their track record there is every chance that new appointment will be worse than Fisher (in recent months Fisher has largely kept his mouth shut and remained out of the spotlight which I'm sure everyone agrees is a good thing).

I don't see how either of those options improve things? Or are people expecting SISU to suddenly drop legal action if Fisher goes?
I'm not saying it will be successful, but its all about convincing the masses. I'd be more interested in the trusts stance if Fisher resigned. Would they then support the clubs stance and then pressure wasps?

We know Fisher has no control of the legals but some of our fans - again see Facebook and Twitter believe he does. He's done irreparable damage to the club just by speaking.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying it will be successful, but its all about convincing the masses. I'd be more interested in the trusts stance if Fisher resigned. Would they then support the clubs stance and then pressure wasps?

We know Fisher has no control of the legals but some of our fans - again see Facebook and Twitter believe he does. He's done irreparable damage to the club just by speaking.

They believe he does because of people like the Trust and others involved who make out he does.

Fisher is going to resign based on that, they have said it multiple times every time he seems to have a dig at them. While they are involved with people making accounts like "fisherbaiter" then he probably will keep having digs, need to be better than the shite he tries and keep it professional without resorting to the "Timmy" type stuff.

Nick

Administrator
I know from conversations I’ve had directly with those involved that ccc and seppalla fell out massively and from a person who is wise and respected in their field the blame wasn’t all on Sisu. What i didnt understand was why continue the legal action? It’s such a mess and I’m pretty sure ccc wasps Sisu Ccfc are fully expecting a resolution which may mean sleepwalking into a catastrophic outcome for Ccfc

Was that in the Lucas days?

Just my opinion is that it's all one big game of poker with egos involved and CCFC is now nothing but a chip on the table.

higgs

If wasps fuck us out of the Ricoh would you travel to Northampton to watch us playing our home games?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Can you find me an article about wasps in this tone?

Sky Blue Trust - A Response to Tim Fisher

You still haven't posted anything that could be classed as negative about wasps. (I'm not saying abuse etc)

As much as you may wish different, Fisher is still more responsible for the club than either the Council or Wasps.

Asking for pressure to be put is one thing. Asking to pretend that Sisu/Otium are equal partners along with Wasps and CCC in running CCFC is just fever dream delusions.

Sky Blue Pete

Was that in the Lucas days?

Just my opinion is that it's all one big game of poker with egos involved and CCFC is now nothing but a chip on the table.
When they came back to the Ricoh following negotiations led by the dean. I know Ann and John really felt let down by joy and others at Sisu and it became a battle but John and Ann were huge city fans and I don’t know how you can allow such damage to be done to your team. Pretty sure Ann felt let down by Marlon but John??

NorthernWisdom

Good you got an answer of sorts. As you say, if nothing else just pushing for a response puts the club on their radar, if nothing else.

NorthernWisdom

When they came back to the Ricoh following negotiations led by the dean. I know Ann and John really felt let down by joy and others at Sisu and it became a battle but John and Ann were huge city fans and I don’t know how you can allow such damage to be done to your team. Pretty sure Ann felt let down by Marlon but John??
Always thought with Mutton it was ideology driven in the end, wasn't it? (Also tbf from Seppala's side too. Can't get two more opposed directions really!)

I mean, that's gone. We could spend (and maybe will!) ages debating the what-ifs there and it may well be important to uncover in time to come, so we don't go through this again(!) but for the present, there's a more pressing problem that needs everyone to start with a clean slate, to solve the current issue.

That means we need to push forward constructively rather than who said what. Plenty of time for the latter afterwards!

Sky Blue Pete

Always thought with Mutton it was ideology driven in the end, wasn't it? (Also tbf from Seppala's side too. Can't get two more opposed directions really!)

I mean, that's gone. We could spend (and maybe will!) ages debating the what-ifs there and it may well be important to uncover in time to come, so we don't go through this again(!) but for the present, there's a more pressing problem that needs everyone to start with a clean slate, to solve the current issue.

That means we need to push forward constructively rather than who said what. Plenty of time for the latter afterwards!
Yep I completely agree about constructive dialogue. Very frustrated that of my 3 councillors the only one who always replies is the Tory one

NorthernWisdom

Yep I completely agree about constructive dialogue. Very frustrated that of my 3 councillors the only one who always replies is the Tory one
I'll give them all the benefit of the doubt until the New Year - even councillors deserve some time off ;)

If I get zero reply off my other two, at least I'll know my vote deserves to go elsewhere come the next election.

Sky Blue Pete

And is that when Fisher says " we are going to build a new stadium"
It’s more Coventry councillors who are long standing huge fans of the club saying there’s nothing we can do and giving up on the club and it’s future that I don’t understand. I think nw makes a good point about politics and faith. And how John and Joy were poles apart. Much like Americans and Britain’s sense of fair play etc or right wing evangelical or making money being god. One of our labour mp’s came into our work a few weeks back to talk to managers about centralising the area of the civil service I’m in. It was good he did given Brexit but his ideas were from another era when the world was very different

NorthernWisdom

what an utter c**t this man is. Some of us just want CCFC to survive, to us it's more important than a pissing contest between two hedge funds.

I won't go quite as far as you ;) I would like to know why he thinks Fisher wouldn't want a Ricoh deal however. There was a logic to Northampton, but I don't quite see what the prize is this time (beyond oblivion and compensation, but I'm not convinced that's Fisher's aim at the end of the day!! Could possibly be his paymaster's, but don't see what's in it for him!)

Sky Blue Pete

I won't go quite as far as you ;) I would like to know why he thinks Fisher wouldn't want a Ricoh deal however. There was a logic to Northampton, but I don't quite see what the prize is this time (beyond oblivion and compensation, but I'm not convinced that's Fisher's aim at the end of the day!! Could possibly be his paymaster's, but don't see what's in it for him!)
I always start with incompetence and mistake rather than intentional action to piss people off. I can’t help thinking that we are an irritation to joy and Sisu and fisher just isn’t very good at his job.

The more I think about it to lose the club in the year we are the city of sport and in the run up to the city of culture is just insane. Everyone knows it. I’m gonna give the other councillors time to reply but then we need to urge a debate in a formal council meeting to hear individual councillors ublicly state their hands are tied and they’l have no influence

NorthernWisdom

I can’t help thinking that we are an irritation to joy
Someone with a passing knowledge of SISU and Joy had always said the same thing, long before this all blew up. We're a speculation that failed, but now we're a chance to enhance Seppala's reputation in her field. Unfortunately, that attempt then shows a lack of understanding of other fields... whilst hers isn't understood, either. Cue impasse and destruction!

The irony is on a purely footballing side, even though some decisions haven't come off, I've thought since Fisher and Waggot have come to the club it's all been slightly rational. It's just the ground where the issue goes bonkers, and it's safe to say that's driven by higher powers.

Empathy's what's been lacking on all sides. It's about time they started. They don't even have to accept one another's position, but at least try and understand it!

Sky Blue Pete

Someone with a passing knowledge of SISU and Joy had always said the same thing, long before this all blew up. We're a speculation that failed, but now we're a chance to enhance Seppala's reputation in her field. Unfortunately, that attempt then shows a lack of understanding of other fields... whilst hers isn't understood, either. Cue impasse and destruction!

The irony is on a purely footballing side, even though some decisions haven't come off, I've thought since Fisher and Waggot have come to the club it's all been slightly rational. It's just the ground where the issue goes bonkers, and it's safe to say that's driven by higher powers.

Empathy's what's been lacking on all sides. It's about time they started. They don't even have to accept one another's position, but at least try and understand it!
Think that’s what the dean needs thanks for when we returned. Getting people to appreciate another’s opinion

Colin Steins Smile

Undoubtedly they would. I think the point is though that Fisher must have signed off on the legal action being done in the clubs name if it’s legally required of him to do so as his roll. Any new patsy wouldn’t carry that connection so the clubs argument that they have no control over the legals would stand up more.
At companies house Tim Fisher is listed as a person of "significant interest" in the companies operating CCFC. Therefore, as you've stated - he does have control over the legal process. Grendal thinks he has no control....if that's the case then the submission to companies house is false and that is against the law!

Users who are viewing this thread