Trust Reaction To Club's Accounts (2 Viewers)

The Gentleman

No need for that when there's the rohypnol:pimp:

Think I need strong drugs to support CCFC. Seriously though, I don't see a problem with them saying Sisu should sell their interest in the club. It's not like they are saying f#ck off like some have said but I have read the piece and don't see much wrong with it and as they are representative of me and many like me, they are only saying what we all are. Also, the piece starts off by saying positive things about Sisu which isn't a bad thing. Besides, the piece raises good questions again which I'm sure the trust aren't in a position to investigate but others are and if with this piece it keeps it in the limelight then to that's a good thing. It doesn't seem shouty or abusive so I cannot see what Sisu can take offence about considering some of the things that have been written about them.

NorthernWisdom

Seriously though, I don't see a problem with them saying Sisu should sell their interest in the club.

tbf, maybe I'm letting my judgement of their past efforts, pre-rapprochement, cloud my judgement of the present.

Couldn't go through a Haskell, Elliott and Hoffman being paraded again!

Also get highly concerned that the response to the ground disappearing has been a collective shrugging of shoulders. As per the club itself we can (and do!) spend/waste endless time arguing over who's to blame but, now and again, it's handy to just say 'hang on, what the hell's going on here?!?'

And that's something the Trust had done well at times with marches in city, and even protests on hill. Gives the chance for whoever in there to chant SISU Out as much as they want... or even Lucas out if that's their bag, but at least there was a spot of controlled diplomacy that drew attention to the farce of the situations.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think the key phrase here DTD, is 'well run club'!

I'm not trying to defend what SISU do, I'm just suggesting that it might make more sense to rise above it.

What SISU did in terms of threatening legal action against the trust for linking to the Conn article was scandalous - I'd absolutely agree.

I agree entirely.

I'd always be in favour of keeping options open, not burning bridges etc etc, but was simply noting that the focus seemed - unfairly in my eyes - to be on the Trust to always be making these moves.

dongonzalos

I agree entirely.

I'd always be in favour of keeping options open, not burning bridges etc etc, but was simply noting that the focus seemed - unfairly in my eyes - to be on the Trust to always be making these moves.

It used to be the council who should make all the moves and Alan Higgs.

Now the Trust are in their own

skybluetony176

Nope - I'd rather they stayed as neutral as they can, and offered what support they could to the club whilst continuing to ask difficult questions of the owners. That doesn't mean being pally - it just means being calm and measured. "SISU out" might well represent what most of us fans and trust members want, but where does making that demand as an organisation get you exactly?

If you can point to anyone here, other than perhaps RFC, who says that they are happy with SISU - then do so. That's a very odd argument you're making there.

You say that like there's neutral ground to be found with SISU. Perhaps you can point out where this is? As far as I can see you're either 100% on board with them and in their clique like certain self serving members of the SCG who answer to no one but themselves or you dare to question SISU's "logic" and get shut out in the cold. How do you take a neutral position with an organisation like that?

Every fan should be asking questions of SISU because they're are many questions to ask and many answers required. Which reminds me has the trusts open letter been answered yet in line with the club's own charter.

Ian1779

What is your strategy then, do you think we should all just sit back and quietly accept anything SISU propose?

Here's a start... model the Trust's behaviour on how you expect them (SISU) to behave.

Let's be clear here... whether we like it or not SISU pay the bills (or at least borrow the money to pay them). The position of a Trust for any club is nothing more than an honourary title. As it cannot directly influence what happens at CCFC, it should then focus on engaging them as much as it possibly can - asking the difficult questions in a way that will get some kind of response... not the 'we don't like you and if someone comes along pretending to have money we'll jump in bed with them' rhetoric.

Focus on getting the best matchday experience it can for the fans... or maybe ways to entice the youngsters in Cov to choose the Sky Blues instead of simply becoming glory hunting Chelsea fans.

Better to focus on something achievable than harping on about something they can't make happen.

torchomatic

I went to Cheltenham Town the other week and was speaking to one of the organisers of their Trust. They are really on the ball and do a lot more than posts polls and issue statements, though to be fair they don't have to deal with SISU.

skybluetony176

Here's a start... model the Trust's behaviour on how you expect them (SISU) to behave.

Let's be clear here... whether we like it or not SISU pay the bills (or at least borrow the money to pay them). The position of a Trust for any club is nothing more than an honourary title. As it cannot directly influence what happens at CCFC, it should then focus on engaging them as much as it possibly can - asking the difficult questions in a way that will get some kind of response... not the 'we don't like you and if someone comes along pretending to have money we'll jump in bed with them' rhetoric.

Focus on getting the best matchday experience it can for the fans... or maybe ways to entice the youngsters in Cov to choose the Sky Blues instead of simply becoming glory hunting Chelsea fans.

Better to focus on something achievable than harping on about something they can't make happen.

How about SISU focus on the match day experience or maybe ways to entice youngsters in Coventry to chose the sky blues.

To put the onus of this responsibility on the trust is laughable. The trusts job is to hold the club and therefore SISU accountable not run the club.

If SISU come asking for assistance fair enough but it's SISU's job to drive the club forward not the trust's. It's SISU who need to take the lead.

stupot07

How about SISU focus on the match day experience or maybe ways to entice youngsters in Coventry to chose the sky blues.

To put the onus of this responsibility on the trust is laughable. The trusts job is to hold the club and therefore SISU accountable not run the club.

If SISU come asking for assistance fair enough but it's SISU's job to drive the club forward not the trust's. It's SISU who need to take the lead.

You mean like putting cheap offers, kids activities, school visits, coaching in schools, free tickets through schools, inviting local kids teams to play 5 a side at half time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

You mean like putting cheap offers, kids activities, school visits, coaching in schools, free tickets through schools, inviting local kids teams to play 5 a side at half time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Do you think that the trust should take over with that? Because that's what Ian seems to be suggesting.

Tonylinc

Whilst I accept that they have recently done all of that, how about trying to improve the product on the pitch by signing some decent players for some money!

torchomatic

I agree. Partly. Decent players don't necessarily cost money but it would be nice!

Whilst I accept that they have recently done all of that, how about trying to improve the product on the pitch by signing some decent players for some money!

Ian1779

It should be a partnership... the club need to engage properly and responsibly with the Trust and the Trust need to climb out of the arse of this week's Messiah.

steveecov

T O T B A

Anybody questioned the 12 month guarantee. Could it be the investors ARE going to throw the FINAL dice, before finally pulling the plug. Incentivised contracts, if there's any non-mercenary footballers who'd take the risk also. No Ronaldos, but solid players. Probably just hoping or dreaming. Even if this is a wish, DON'T let Waggott be involved in the selection process).

Just Thinking Outside The Box Again

skybluetony176

It should be a partnership... the club need to engage properly and responsibly with the Trust and the Trust need to climb out of the arse of this week's Messiah.

Who's this weeks messiah? Who was last weeks for that matter? And do you have a heads up on who next weeks will be?

letsallsingtogether

I went to Cheltenham Town the other week and was speaking to one of the organisers of their Trust. They are really on the ball and do a lot more than posts polls and issue statements, though to be fair they don't have to deal with SISU.

Funny that yet you can't find the time to come along to a CCFC trust meeting?

cloughie

No we mean not stopping young teenagers bring their mates to last nights game on a freebie because T& Cs apply etc aka 'you cannot have a free ticket for your mate it has to be an adult ticket to get a free ticket'

I witnessed it in the club shop and was also denied 2 tickets for kids due to different T&Cs

It was unbelievable, how to win friends and influence people!

And just for the record the fat old woman in that shop should never have a customer facing role in any organisation

Grendel

Who's this weeks messiah? Who was last weeks for that matter? And do you have a heads up on who next weeks will be?

The trusts love in with Haskell really showed the hierarchy as a body to be utterly unfit for purpose.

Come back with a one liner that even Bobby Davro's warm up Man would reject if you wish but that's the reality

They seriously haven't got a clue.

skybluetony176

The trusts love in with Haskell really showed the hierarchy as a body to be utterly unfit for purpose.

Come back with a one liner that even Bobby Davro's warm up Man would reject if you wish but that's the reality

They seriously haven't got a clue.

Who's Bobby Davro?

You really should set up your own supporters trust if you think this ones so bad. You may even get enough members to warrant a place on the SCG and then you can locate this neutral ground with SISU and get the club pointing in the right direction. Then you'll be the messiah.

cloughie

and you have ?

Please enlighten us Grendel as you never offer a solution etc just criticism as usual

Grendel

and you have ?

Please enlighten us Grendel as you never offer a solution etc just criticism as usual

I'd replace Steve Brown with the woman from the ticket office.

duffer

I agree entirely.

Fair comment DTD, as ever. I guess if it mattered to me that much, I should get off my arse and go and talk to the guys from the trust to make my point - maybe even offer to pitch in a little. I've criticised others for carping from the sidelines, perhaps it applies to me here too.

Ultimately, I don't think it's going much impact our owners either way. Either we've hugely misread the situation regarding the new ground, or we're being played for idiots.

As for the new accounts - I'm genuinely baffled. As NW says regardless of what they show now, if it comes to another administration situation I'm sure that a nice fat lump of debt will appear from somewhere...

SkyblueBazza

It was unbelievable, how to win friends and influence people!

This is SISU...they don't do friends. Influence is a term they are unfamiliar with too - They prefer to bully, intimidate & run roughshod over people, organisations & rules in order to move closer to whatever their latest plan happens to be.

PUSB

duffer

You say that like there's neutral ground to be found with SISU. Perhaps you can point out where this is? As far as I can see you're either 100% on board with them and in their clique like certain self serving members of the SCG who answer to no one but themselves or you dare to question SISU's "logic" and get shut out in the cold. How do you take a neutral position with an organisation like that?

Every fan should be asking questions of SISU because they're are many questions to ask and many answers required. Which reminds me has the trusts open letter been answered yet in line with the club's own charter.

The neutral ground would be somewhere between sitting down for tea and biscuits and listening to a PR speech unchallenged on one side, and flat out demanding that they resign and sell up on the other. I think there's a bit of space somewhere to aim at there.

blend

Some people don't like the truth.

Mr Fisher are you being a tinker again? Absolutely not! Okay thanks for letting us know we were just wondering. Can you give us assurances we won't play in Northampton again? I will clarify that for you shortly. Thank you so much for that Mr Fisher we look forward to our next conversation with you sir.

Ian1779

Some people don't like the truth.

Mr Fisher are you being a tinker again? Absolutely not! Okay thanks for letting us know we were just wondering. Can you give us assurances we won't play in Northampton again? I will clarify that for you shortly. Thank you so much for that Mr Fisher we look forward to our next conversation with you sir.

The SCG minutes are a little shorter than I expected.

skybluetony176

The neutral ground would be somewhere between sitting down for tea and biscuits and listening to a PR speech unchallenged on one side, and flat out demanding that they resign and sell up on the other. I think there's a bit of space somewhere to aim at there.

So the minute SISU arrived the trust went into demanding that they resign or did the relationship start well but after bad decision after bad decision the trust started holding them to account as you would expect them to. Only SISU don't like being held to account they like nodding dogs. So I ask again. How do you find middle ground when dealing with an outfit like they?

Users who are viewing this thread