Trust: 6 Local Authorities say no discussions. Rugby say no. (1 Viewer)

Mr T - Sukka!

SISU will not like this thread one bit.

This ties in with Mark Labotovich saying to reveal where the sites are would be "commercial suicide" yes it would there is no site.

They have been well and truly rumbled!

Glad the truth is out and people can now see facts instead of myths.

italiahorse

think we need to keep in mind what was asked of each of the authorities concerned

Those requests asked the Councils whether they had, since 1 January 2012, taken part in any discussions, meetings or correspondence with CCFC, Otium, SISU Capital or anyone acting on their behalf, regarding development proposals within the Council’s area relating to the building of a football stadium and/or any other facilities related to the business of the football club.

I think it's well covered, unless it was just a general inquiry on land availability.

shmmeee

They said they were in discussions with 2 local authorities.
This proves they were not and that the only discussions they had was with Rugby over a training ground.

If people still think this will happen you are brainwashed.
Will the people at the stadium forum happen to mention this or will the bleat back in admiration?

Will be shut down with a "not up for discussion". I highly doubt Fisher will be there, to give Garlick plausible deniability.

Specs WT-R75

Stadium has to be no further away from Cov City Centre than Ricoh, give or take a mile or two... if they are looking at Hinkley... well ... lets just hope it it N+B in a site off A444 somewhere...

chiefdave

They have asked all of them plus Hinckley which is outside.

So either a) nothing has actually been done at all and there is no new stadium or b) it's further away than they've said.

If it's none of those who have responded what's next closest, Birmingham? By the time you look to move even further away you're going to be getting objections from existing teams for being too close to them.

chiefdave

Will be shut down with a "not up for discussion". I highly doubt Fisher will be there, to give Garlick plausible deniability.

maybe someone should ask what the point is of the meeting when there's no plans for anyone to see and we know there's no potential site SISU are looking at in the 'Coventry area'.

Specs WT-R75

nah - same thing

Okay, I went off on a tangent and lost my train of thought... so Local Authority is the same as council... and the Trust wrote to 7 councils:

1. Coventry City - no such discussions
2. Solihull – no such discussions
3. Hinckley and Bosworth – no such discussions
4. North Warwickshire – no such discussions
5. Warwick - no such discussions
6. Warwickshire – no such discussions
7. Response still awaited from Nuneaton and Bedworth but this is expected shortly
8. Rugby Council replied as follows...

What am I missing then as that is more responses than they requested so that is why I thought that councils were made up of smaller authorities....

Specs WT-R75

Okay, I went off on a tangent and lost my train of thought... so Local Authority is the same as council... and the Trust wrote to 7 councils:

1. Coventry City - no such discussions
2. Solihull – no such discussions
3. Hinckley and Bosworth – no such discussions
4. North Warwickshire – no such discussions
5. Warwick - no such discussions
6. Warwickshire – no such discussions
7. Response still awaited from Nuneaton and Bedworth but this is expected shortly
8. Rugby Council replied as follows...

What am I missing then as that is more responses than they requested so that is why I thought that councils were made up of smaller authorities....

For example http://www.leamingtonspatowncouncil.gov.uk/Your-Council.aspx as a smaller part of Warwick?

DaleM

Stadium has to be no further away from Cov City Centre than Ricoh, give or take a mile or two... if they are looking at Hinkley... well ... lets just hope it it N+B in a site off A444 somewhere...
A little whisper has been doing the rounds in sunny beduff about the fields next to the M6 off bowling green lane. I know Bedworth RFC have part of the land because Rectory Fields is being built on apparently. Could the whisper be correct ?

bigfatronssba

Moving further out they should now ask Birmingham, Blaby, Harborough, Stratford, and Daventry.

AndreasB

Does anyone really believe plans are developed for a new stadium? Probably not. Is anyone going tomorrow really gullable enough to believe that sites are spade ready and any more than a smokescreen at the moment? I doubt it.

However, the real issue is that building a new stadium might be the ONLY thing the club can do given a sale of the Ricoh seems unlikely as is negotiating a rent deal.

Im going tomorrow to feedback on improving the fan experieince at Sixfields, New stadium or even the Ricoh - basically wherever we end up.

Calling ST holders, SISU apologists, propagandists etc is usual form for most of the idiots on here though. You can all go along to the open meeting and rant and rave like bleating sheep and see how far that gets you.

bigfatronssba

Might be cynical of me to think this, but were the discussions with Rugby not just to expand Ryton in order to avoid going back to the Higgs centre?

Rugby told them where to go and they had to go back cap in hand to the higgs.

chiefdave

A little whisper has been doing the rounds in sunny beduff about the fields next to the M6 off bowling green lane. I know Bedworth RFC have part of the land because Rectory Fields is being built on apparently. Could the whisper be correct ?

Quick look on Google Maps it looks like it is in use as farmland, anyone know for sure. Land hasn't different classifications doesn't it, would land that's currently used for farming be tricky to get planning permission on?

bigfatronssba

Does anyone really believe plans are developed for a new stadium? Probably not. Is anyone going tomorrow really gullable enough to believe that sites are spade ready and any more than a smokescreen at the moment? I doubt it.

However, the real issue is that building a new stadium might be the ONLY thing the club can do given a sale of the Ricoh seems unlikely as is negotiating a rent deal.

Im going tomorrow to feedback on improving the fan experieince at Sixfields, New stadium or even the Ricoh - basically wherever we end up.

Calling ST holders, SISU apologists, propagandists etc is usual form for most of the idiots on here though. You can all go along to the open meeting and rant and rave like bleating sheep and see how far that gets you.

Can you do us a favour then please?

When there, can you ask why Mr Fisher and Mr Labovitch both lied about being in discussions with neighbouring authorities?

I'd really like an answer on that.

Captain Dart

The club has been in discussion with an authority then.

Are we sure that the dicussion wasn't about converting Ryton into the training facility?

Yes, that would be more believable, I hope that question about academy location is put to Garlick as previous statements from the club indicated that they intend to incorporate an academy in a 60 acre site they intend to buy..

At the moment i believe the club are back at the Higgs centre.. but have an exit clause built into their contract

bigfatronssba

Quick look on Google Maps it looks like it is in use as farmland, anyone know for sure. Land hasn't different classifications doesn't it, would land that's currently used for farming be tricky to get planning permission on?

Think most of that is greenbelt land.

Not very likely a football ground could be built on that.

AndreasB

Thats not what the meeting is about. Im sure it will come up. I will listen to their answer and make my mind up accordingly.I will post my considered opinion here after the meeting. You have already done so. Not much point in you wanting to know their response is there?

fernandopartridge

In the case of N&B council, it may be that they are now contacting CCFC over the disclosure of this information.

CCFC previously stated that they didn't want to disclose where the site was as it may to their commercial detriment, and can ask that the information isn't disclosed in response to an FOI request.

chiefdave

In the case of N&B council, it may be that they are now contacting CCFC over the disclosure of this information.

CCFC previously stated that they didn't want to disclose where the site was as it may to their commercial detriment, and can ask that the information isn't disclosed in response to an FOI request.

If you turn down a FOI request I think you have to state a reason so it will give the game away anyway as they'll have to say something like the information requested can't be provided due to commercial confidentiality.

fernandopartridge

If you turn down a FOI request I think you have to state a reason so it will give the game away anyway as they'll have to say something like the information requested can't be provided due to commercial confidentiality.

Yeah, or it will be a censured statement.

Waldorf

It would be very difficult for them to build in N&B. From what I understand:

1. It would be against their Strategic Plan, so planning permission is very unlikely to be given, and

2. Government wouldn't allow a stadium that close to the Ricoh. Their ruling would be, "There's already a stadium very close to there, so there's no need for another one."

I rarely think the government are on our side, but it seems they probably are in this case.

Sent from my teepee using Smokesignals - always has been free.

RoboCCFC90

Someone needs to be putting the Club on the spot and asking them the question, this is compelling evidence and if N&B Council come back and say no then there will be some explaining to do...

simple_simon

But this also proves that the club are not lying and have made inquiries ...

Disagree. Proves they are lying.
Am sure both TF and ML have publicly stated they are in detailed negotiations with two local authorities, both who want to work with them.
I doubt very much N&B will actually allow a new stadium to be built on any land near the M6.

SISU you have been caught out?

duffer

Absolutely - although even then the FOI isn't actually asking for disclosure of the site. I think it would be hard to make the case that the public finding out that SISU have had talks about a development in the general area would impact any commercial agreement - especailly given that SISU themselves have publicly stated that they've been in touch with local councils.

One-nil to the donkeys, I think, though there's still a bit of time left in the game. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread