Trust: 6 Local Authorities say no discussions. Rugby say no. (2 Viewers)

mrbluesky87

Is it not worth waiting until N&B respond until we charge in like a bull in a china shop, it worries me that they have not responded and also why are we not jumping on them for an immediate answer, surely we need this answer before the stadium forum?
If N&B come back with the right answer( ie they have not heard anything) then surely the forum should be cancelled or even boycotted or the fans go to ask the right questions and not pander to this new stadium crap.

SkyBlueCharlie

It will be interesting to see if or how the Coventry Telegraph/CWR report this as this is something they should have done as part of their in-depth, investigative reporting.

Moff

A little whisper has been doing the rounds in sunny beduff about the fields next to the M6 off bowling green lane. I know Bedworth RFC have part of the land because Rectory Fields is being built on apparently. Could the whisper be correct ?

Whilst I strongly think a new stadium will never be built, I had also heard this rumor about the club looking at land in the Nuneaton and Bedworth area, coincidentally within a not too large a distance from the Ricoh.

mrbluesky87

Whilst I strongly think a new stadium will never be built, I had also heard this rumor about the club looking at land in the Nuneaton and Bedworth area, coincidentally within a not too large a distance from the Ricoh.

Thats what worries me however could Nuneaton Town FC not lodge an appeal or would they try the unthinkable and to merge both clubs????? I wouldnt put it past those tossers.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Does anyone know of a map that shows the area covered by N&B Council..??

Moff

Does anyone know of a map that shows the area covered by N&B Council..??

Should be on their website, but its from just past the Ricoh (old Macro site) to just North of Nuneaton, and then up to Keresley pit village one side and to Blackhorse Road and Bulkington on the other. Surprisingly a lot of local land to the east is covered by Rugby BC.

RoboCCFC90

Should be on their website, but its from just past the Ricoh (old Macro site) to just North of Nuneaton, and then up to Keresley pit village one side and to Blackhorse Road and Bulkington on the other. Surprisingly a lot of local land to the east is covered by Rugby BC.

I am just looking at it now can't really see any land that would stick out to me as being suitable, there is a huge amount of land off the Coventry Road.. but surely not.

chiefdave

Thats what worries me however could Nuneaton Town FC not lodge an appeal or would they try the unthinkable and to merge both clubs????? I wouldnt put it past those tossers.

they'd have no chance if NT were to get promoted before they start work on the stadium. Football League rules stipulate a club can only move into a new stadium if it would not adversely affect Clubs having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location. Not sure if that applies to the conference or what they do in cases where a team are on the borderline of the Football League but at the very least it would give NT pretty strong grounds to object.

RoboCCFC90

One part of the southern boundary is a few hundred yards from the Ricoh Arena

There is a huge amount of land just off Gipsy Lane outside Nuneaton, looking at the Council's website I can't see any planning permission for anything to be built on it.

Edit: I have seen this "Residential development of upto 575 houses including a mixed use neighbourhood cenre, public open space, footpaths, cycleways, water attentuation basins, associated infrastructure, including realignment of Gipsy Lane, and potential site for a primary school" can't really tell you if tht's the land I am referring too.

Last edited:

spwaverley4916

not wishing to knock the work done already by asking the councils - but i really think they should have asked Northampton Council also. I would not put it past our clubs owners to plan to build just inside the border south of Rugby just off the M1 junction at Crick. This would be about 14 mile from Cov. ( which isnt obviously our City,county or otherwise). Sisu would no doubt make the arguments that 'closer councils' would not entertain them, closer than Northampton, motorway connection etc etc.
End of for me if this happens

Kingokings204

There is a huge amount of land just off Gipsy Lane outside Nuneaton, looking at the Council's website I can't see any planning permission for anything to be built on it.

I would save your valuable time mate, isn't happening is it.

italiahorse

not wishing to knock the work done already by asking the councils - but i really think they should have asked Northampton Council also. I would not put it past our clubs owners to plan to build just inside the border south of Rugby just off the M1 junction at Crick. This would be about 14 mile from Cov. ( which isnt obviously our City,county or otherwise). Sisu would no doubt make the arguments that 'closer councils' would not entertain them, closer than Northampton, motorway connection etc etc.
End of for me if this happens

They need to get fans in to support.
If it's there it will not be viable for them, surely.

fernandopartridge

Rugby cover Shilton towards Bulko don't they

Moff

not wishing to knock the work done already by asking the councils - but i really think they should have asked Northampton Council also. I would not put it past our clubs owners to plan to build just inside the border south of Rugby just off the M1 junction at Crick. This would be about 14 mile from Cov.

Theres no land there as its all earmarked for DIRFT, and anything right next to Crick would be booted out. I think this one would be a certain no-go.

lewys33

Would they even get planning permission in N&B for a stadium with

1) Nuneaton playing there
2) The Ricoh so close?

RoboCCFC90

Would they even get planning permission in N&B for a stadium with

1) Nuneaton playing there
2) The Ricoh so close?

I suppose if they planned to also build a community centre with it as such was tooted that might help there cause.

italiahorse

Yep and Ansty, Wolvey, and almost into Bulkington.

Don't forget that the stadium is only part of a retail estate that needs to have some footfall.
In addition they want the stadium to be used 365 days a year.
Who would travel to any of these locations in Numbers?

You would have to be looking for an area that is close to a large urban development. One that does not already have a retail park.
These type of areas have already been done to death.

RoboCCFC90

If it's not happening why would the high profile Chair Person of the Coventry Chamber of Commerce Chair the CCFC Stadium Forum??????????

This must be the first time Sandra Garlick has ever been called that..

The Gentleman

The Ricoh being close is a red herring - it's close but isn't in use as a football stadium because the team have moved!

But is it though ? because if someone started a new club and somehow got permission to play there eventually, the new team would be in the fucking Premier League by the time Legoland was built.

dongonzalos

Well they said they were in discussions with TWO councils about a new stadium

Just cause Nuneaton have not replied yet does not mean there have been discussions.

There is another possibility people are overlooking....

fernandopartridge

But is it though ? because if someone started a new club and somehow got permission to play there eventually, the new team would be in the fucking Premier League by the time Legoland was built.

At the point of applying for PP, who knows. It was a mostly tongue in cheek comment.

fernandopartridge

Well they said they were in discussions with TWO councils about a new stadium

Just cause Nuneaton have not replied yet does not mean there have been discussions.

There is another possibility people are overlooking....

Thanks for that cracking insight. I don't think anybody had considered that.

italiahorse

If it's not happening why would the high profile Chair Person of the Coventry Chamber of Commerce Chair the CCFC Stadium Forum??????????

She is being paid for it.
I would do it if they paid me. Like all good lawyers you don't have to side with, or believe your client, as long as they are paying !!!

Users who are viewing this thread