Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Republican senator who lost his race to a Democrat is refusing to concede trying to cite more electoral nonsense. Under Pennsylvania state rules the new senator cannot be sworn in until the loser concedes.

Trump has set one hell of an example

tisza

Republican senator who lost his race to a Democrat is refusing to concede trying to cite more electoral nonsense. Under Pennsylvania state rules the new senator cannot be sworn in until the loser concedes.

Trump has set one hell of an example
Rancour flowing down to the state senates.
Not a country that's going to unite any time soon.

ajsccfc

All their constitutions and laws that they hold dear really do have a right load of bollocks in them. The 37th amendment allows the loser of an election to declare it a practice go and everyone has to be jinxy silent until three crows fly overhead

Brighton Sky Blue

Rancour flowing down to the state senates.
Not a country that's going to unite any time soon.

Trump has caused a possibly permanent schism in the Republicans, there will be those who continue to lick his arse and imitate him while others run far away from him. The Democrats have to use this to get good stuff done but Biden doesn’t think anything needs changing-another opportunity missed for them to catch up with the sane countries

David O'Day

Trump has caused a possibly permanent schism in the Republicans, there will be those who continue to lick his arse and imitate him while others run far away from him. The Democrats have to use this to get good stuff done but Biden doesn’t think anything needs changing-another opportunity missed for them to catch up with the sane countries

this broken record again

clint van damme

interesting thread on last weeks incident. Particularly on the way it was policed in comparison to other protests.

chiefdave

If you need cheering up check the NoFlyList hash tag on twitter. My personal favourite so far is someone crying that "you're treating me like a black person".

Who would have thought storming the Capital Buildings might have consequences?!?

Otis

If you need cheering up check the NoFlyList hash tag on twitter. My personal favourite so far is someone crying that "you're treating me like a black person".

That's the whole situation in the US and the inequality, encapsulated right there in that one sentence

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Who would have thought storming the Capital Buildings might have consequences?!?
Probably the same people who celebrated Trump putting 100’s if not 1000’s of mainly Muslim US citizens who had never stormed the Capitol in an act of terrorism on the no fly list simply because of the country that they were born in. Many US citizens were denied entry into the US when trying to return home.

chiefdave

not about race though
Exactly. Same with the All Lives Matter / Blue Lives Matter rubbish. Didn't stop them attacking the police.

Hopefully we won't be hearing rubbish like 'we're not against BLM we're against Marxism' now that its been shown for what it really is. Unfortunately I doubt that will be the case.

Otis

Two members of Congress have tested positive for coronavirus after the pro-Trump siege on the Capitol last week.

Bonnie Watson Coleman, 75, and Pramila Jayapal, 55, both Democrats, tested positive after being forced to lockdown in a small room with many others as pro-Trump supporters broke into the building.

Some of their Republican colleagues refused to wear masks when sheltering, Jayapal said, calling such behaviour “selfish idiocy”.

They really just don't get it do they..

Sky Blue Pete

Two members of Congress have tested positive for coronavirus after the pro-Trump siege on the Capitol last week.

Bonnie Watson Coleman, 75, and Pramila Jayapal, 55, both Democrats, tested positive after being forced to lockdown in a small room with many others as pro-Trump supporters broke into the building.

Some of their Republican colleagues refused to wear masks when sheltering, Jayapal said, calling such behaviour “selfish idiocy”.

They really just don't get it do they..
I think many republicans feel that people die and that’s sad

tisza

Breakdown all these polls and Republican support for Trump is still incredibly high. Majority don't blame him for riots. Think he's protecting democracy. It's all a conspiracy.
Just one example .

Ironic question the extremism one. As both sides convinced it's there - just that it's not them it's their "opponents"

Sky Blue Pete

John McCain when he ran and lost against Obama many times would have to convince the nutters that Obama was a decent man and that the conspiracies were bullshit, they just disagreed on politics. Wish today’s Republicans would follow his example.
That’s the swamp though isn’t it’s they’re all against the people is the argument. To be fair I have sympathy with that opinion when I look at how self serving our government is

Not saying I want to storm Parliament or I don’t have huge admiration for those who serve the public (they are paid well) for their whole career.

Sky Blue Pete

Breakdown all these polls and Republican support for Trump is still incredibly high. Majority don't blame him for riots. Think he's protecting democracy. It's all a conspiracy.
Just one example .

Ironic question the extremism one. As both sides convinced it's there - just that it's not them it's their "opponents"
Some home with the younger republican answers

jimmyhillsfanclub

FBI reckon there are armed protests planned in every states capital for 20th.

.....I wonder if the penny will finally drop that its not too clever to allow every c**t & his dog to have an assault rifle stashed in their cupboard.

clint van damme

.....I wonder if the penny will finally drop that its not too clever to allow every c**t & his dog to have an assault rifle stashed in their cupboard.

I can tell you now it won't. There could be 10k deaths on the 20th and the answer will be more guns.
They found a load of home made bombs last week. They'll probably legalise them.

Sky Blue Pete

I feel really bad hoping it kicks off and then stop myself and start thinking about individuals. Especially when hundreds of people take videos of everything happening

tisza

It's almost 3rd world. This is what wouldn't surprise you in unstable democracies or those where the military is normally involved in the selection of govts.

skybluetony176

Yeah but if they tighten gun laws US traditions such as the high school shooting will disappear. Can’t have that, it’s part of the constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread