Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (2 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Nope, it makes them think 'the Commie likes the Commie, so we'd best vote in Trump to keep this great nation away from those leftists'.

hmmmm. Not sure it will have that desired affect. Parking the MAGA lot to one side (who will see Biden as a commie anyway), the biggest concern Americans have about Biden is his age/mental fragility. This potentially helps to dispel that myth (myth or not). Found it a strange line to take

skybluetony176

Sorry to disappoint : )

We all know historically he’s wanted trump in and possibly has some kind of hold or influence over him. However, by him talking up Biden does it make some Americans think ‘Putin, don’t like him but strong dictator who appears to have some respect for biden so maybe he’s not as doddery as I thought’ and therefore does it actually make some voters more likely to vote for Biden ?

Just found it strange
You’re talking about a man who was convinced that his army would be waved in all the way to Kyiv by cheering crowds throwing petals at feet of his army contrary to all the evidence. Always worth bearing in mind when trying to work out how Putin thinks.

JAM See

Interesting intervention. Obviously can’t believe a word that comes out his mouth but trying to work out if he said it because he genuinely leans toward the frail/senile over the unstable nutcase or some kind of bluff.

Who's he gonna go for here?

Sunak or Starmer?

is he even aware that the mighty UK (that's the proper, sovereign, world beating UK) is also going to the polls this year?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

hmmmm. Not sure it will have that desired affect. Parking the MAGA lot to one side (who will see Biden as a commie anyway), the biggest concern Americans have about Biden is his age/mental fragility. This potentially helps to dispel that myth (myth or not). Found it a strange line to take
I'm in the 'he's saying it to make mischief' camp. Yes, there is truth that Biden is more predictable than Trump, but I can't see why Putin wouldn't favour someone who he knows he can manipulate.

Biden might well be on the decline, but he won't be a puppet like Trump will. He knows how to play Trump. Trump even said he should invade NATO members who don't pay their bills. He's got far more chance of getting the US to abandon Ukraine with Trump in charge.

MAGA lot just support whoever supports Trump. Had Putin said he preferred Trump they'd all be saying he's not that bad.. Saying he wants Biden he's a Commie bastard. Simple.

Otis

BBC News - Why Russia's Putin backing Biden for the US presidency is not what it seems

CCFCSteve

BBC News - Why Russia's Putin backing Biden for the US presidency is not what it seems

Agree with the article that Putin supporting trump would be a massive winner for Biden, I just still don’t see it working the other way round based on his specific comments .talk about public spending etc, don’t commend him for having it together mentally. As mentioned before anyone who thinks Biden is a ‘commie’ wouldve voted for trump anyway. I just done see that from American swing voters

We all know he’s mischief making whatever he says but just a very strange line to take based on major/justifiable concerns regarding Bidens mental fragility.

Terry_dactyl

Sunak or Starmer?

is he even aware that the mighty UK (that's the proper, sovereign, world beating UK) is also going to the polls this year?
I hear Putin’s thrown his weight behind the Vaughan Gething campaign! He’s not impressed with Jeremy Miles’ stance on the 20 mph speed limit review.

Como

Certainly in the US the popular candidate would be A N Other.

It strikes me that if either Party could somehow find a reasonable candidate they would walk it. Seems very unlikely, well health issues aside, even that does not seem to stop Biden.

fatso

And yet the gun crime rates in Coventry compared to the United States are what?

I really don’t see how anyone in the UK could argue against the success of more restrictive gun laws.
True, but gun restrictions only apply to people who wouldn't break the law anyway.

No gun restriction will prevent a criminal getting hold of one if he wants one.

Comparing gun crime rates in the UK to the USA is largely irrelevant. All crime in the USA is way worse, just look at murder rates (and they have the death penalty) and don't even start on the drug problem.

We have unbelievably tight restrictions on cocaine but just look at how prevalent it is
Same with heroine, spice etc etc.
Firearms are no different.

Last edited:

SBT

True, but gun restrictions only apply to people who wouldn't break the law anyway.

No gun restriction will prevent a criminal getting hold of one if he wants one.

Comparing gun crime rates in the UK to the USA is largely irrelevant. All crime in the USA is way worse, just look at murder rates (and they have the death penalty) and don't even start on the drug problem.

We have unbelievably tight restrictions on cocaine but just look at how prevalent it is
Same with heroine, spice etc etc.
Firearms are no different.
So your general position on crime is that laws don’t work? What’s your policy on illegal migration?

duffer

Sunak or Starmer?

3D chess. If he bothered at all, it would be to support Starmer, because he thinks that the most destabilising mainstream force in British politics is the Tories (and he knows his support is a tombstone in the UK at least).

Who he'd really like to see in power, of course, is Farage.

Brexit was a Putin dream come true, and a more isolationist, anti European, right-wing power grab here, would be fantastic for Putin. He'd love to see that slimy twat Farage in charge, I'm sure...

fatso

So your general position on crime is that laws don’t work? What’s your policy on illegal migration?
Wow, where did that suddenly appear from,
Talk about going off on a tangent!

But ironically the laws around illegal immigration have been applied about as successfully as our drug laws.

But to say my "general position on crime is that laws don't work" is as stupid as it is rediculous. For someone to read my posts and come up with that conclusion is quite frankly mind-blowing.
I fear any one trying to converse with you is wasting their time, if that your level of intelect.

Last edited:

Otis

Screenshot_2024-02-17-06-51-54-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This is only up to 2020. Must be so much more comprehensive by now.

Anyone who says anything against him, has to have some adjective thrown at the front of their name in any retort.

He's using "crooked" again for the judge that passed the sentence yesterday.

Will there become a time when Unbalanced Donald Trump actually runs out of adjectives?

Otis

It's all set up for a purge of the protective systems if he becomes President again, isn't it.
Yup. What more perfect place to start other than to remove all these crooked lawyers, judges and politicians and deranged FBI investigators and insane DA's.

CCFCSteve

What can he do
Reading dominion by Tom Holland
Nothing new that hasn’t happened over 3 millennia

Things like pulling out of nato are one of my biggest concerns currently

Americans domestic policy is their call but I do worry about the potential long term division he’d cause, not to mention what he might put in place for next time he loses

Hertsccfc

Circle of influence
Not sure I understand what you mean but he will dismantle institutions and fill all important roles with sycophants. There are plenty of them who will love the power. He is much more ready for it this time. And it won't be a comfortable place to be in a disadvantaged minority by the way. For some reason people think he doesn't mean what he is saying but he really does. The court cases have made him determined and galvanised his support.

I hope you are right but I fear not. Don't forget his attempted coup on 6 January nearly worked.

wingy

Not sure I understand what you mean but he will dismantle institutions and fill all important roles with sycophants. There are plenty of them who will love the power. He is much more ready for it this time. And it won't be a comfortable place to be in a disadvantaged minority by the way. For some reason people think he doesn't mean what he is saying but he really does. The court cases have made him determined and galvanised his support.

I hope you are right but I fear not. Don't forget his attempted coup on 6 January nearly worked.
Where in the world have we seen it before?

Otis

Where in the world have we seen it before?
Handmaid's Tale.

Which is even more genius, because it's all based on Trump coming to power even though it was written in 1985 and set in the future.

Remember Offred. Well, this is Offthecharts

Users who are viewing this thread