Transfer window (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Blackburn in talks with Ryan Giles, think they have signed 2 wingers already, Mowbray loves a winger don't he

Sky Blue Pete

True but if we are exceeding expectations as we are, why is there a need to increase the budget?

I’d love SISU to give MR £1M or so to go and get another striker or number 10 but they probably don’t see the need.
I’d be happy with that

SSB

Should be ok as they have the ridiculous parachute payments

Not so ridiculous next season I don't think.

They're going into their third and final year of parachute payments so they'll receive 20% of the amount each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Which basically equates to roughly £15m-ish.

Given they must be one of the highest paying clubs in the Championship, with one of the lowest turnovers it's not great reading even with the £15m cash injection - especially if they fail again at promotion.

Only so long their owner will be willing to shoulder those kind of losses.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not so ridiculous next season I don't think.

They're going into their third and final year of parachute payments so they'll receive 20% of the amount each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Which basically equates to roughly £15m-ish.

Given they must be one of the highest paying clubs in the Championship, with one of the lowest turnovers it's not great reading even with the £15m cash injection - especially if they fail again at promotion.

Only so long their owner will be willing to shoulder those kind of losses.

I find the whole idea of parachute payments ludicrous it causes the other teams to over stretch and end up like Derby

SSB

I find the whole idea of parachute payments ludicrous it causes the other teams to over stretch and end up like Derby

Yeah there's so many cons. Creates a closed off league, encourages owners to overspend and put P&S rules at the back of their mind, contributes to inflation in the Championship marketplace in both wages and transfer fees etc.

There are far better options to replace parachute payments with but with so many road blocks in place now it's really difficult to implement decent alternatives without clubs/PFA crying murder.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah there's so many cons. Creates a closed off league, encourages owners to overspend and put P&S rules at the back of their mind, contributes to inflation in the Championship marketplace in both wages and transfer fees etc.

There are far better options to replace parachute payments with but with so many road blocks in place now it's really difficult to implement decent alternatives without clubs/PFA crying murder.

Obviously if we went up and got relegated I would like them a lot more than now😉

MalcSB

Moore for £3.5m rising to £5m, Dembele for £1m, Cantwell in with a view to buy, plucky little Bournemouth with fuckin great big parachute payments to burn. Fuck em lets hope they miss out going up
Are those players Premier quality? Perhaps planning in case they miss out. £3.5 to £5 million on a striker who has only scored 5 league goals this season.

CDK

Bournemouth could be the next derby even with parachute payments and miss out again this season.

Terry_dactyl

Are those players Premier quality? Perhaps planning in case they miss out. £3.5 to £5 million on a striker who has only scored 5 league goals this season.
They turned down bids from wolves for Moore in the summer. I think this season has been a case that both player and club have known he’d be going - been wrapped in cotton wool the last couple of months.
He’s decent.

MalcSB

They turned down bids from wolves for Moore in the summer. I think this season has been a case that both player and club have known he’d be going - been wrapped in cotton wool the last couple of months.
He’s decent.
He has played in 25 matches this season, Godden only played in 18 And twice the goals.

Users who are viewing this thread