Transfer window (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

We need to find something SISU need to throw robins some spends to do something before the deadline

slowpoke

Monday will tell us all the sisu ambition or lack of it, we have shifted players out, a month or so ago sold a sixteen year old for over £400k our attendances are up so there has to be a bit of extra cash about surely enough for at least a loan but will they okay it l won’t be holding my breath

Last edited:

clint van damme

That’s the difference isn’t it teams looking to make play offs will go after that we don’t need to break the bank just find something prem loan etc you player

I think alot of the teams going for the play offs are in the same boat, Stoke and Boro certainly seem to be.
One team who have invested Is QPR andI think they'll have a tilt at the autos

ms639

Do you honestly think they’re going to throw money at a play off push. Finishing mid table comfortably is well above expectation based on playing budget and that’s exactly where we’ll end up this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Do you honestly think they’re going to throw money at a play off push. Finishing mid table comfortably is well above expectation based on playing budget and that’s exactly where we’ll end up this season.

I don’t know I’m not on the board but we can see we need something

shmmeee

We were a bit of quality in the final third from 9 points the last three rather than 3. We’d be sat happily in the playoffs right now with games in hand and an easy run if we’d got an AM in already.

CCFCSteve

I thought they were investors? How on earth can they not see an obvious punt at a huge return.

I agree Fernando and was saying this same a week or so back. I’m all for living within our means and certainly not saying we should buy loads of players and stick them on three year deals. Just get a couple of short term, high quality young prem loans in as a punt for the play offs. I’m genuinely surprised they don’t see it the same way

ms639

I thought they were investors? How on earth can they not see an obvious punt at a huge return.

Throwing money at unlikely attempts to get out of this league is what has led other clubs to absolute turmoil. It’s happening all over the league. The best thing we can do is build a solid foundation, finish mid table, become an attractive proposition to higher calibre players (as we are doing) and build sustainably. Throwing money at a pipe dream this year is not the right thing to do

Hobo

Extra cash about? What about money lost during Covid?

Coventry will have their targets and any building will sensibly be done in the summer.

Unless one of those targets becomes unexpectedly available.

Our best hope this season is flirting with the prospects of the play offs.

But in our second season back at this level it is progress and not to be sniffed at.

Garryb80

I agree Fernando and was saying this same a week or so back. I’m all for living within our means and certainly not saying we should buy loads of players and stick them on three year deals. Just get a couple of short term, high quality young prem loans in as a punt for the play offs. I’m genuinely surprised they don’t see it the same way
High quality loans still cost money. Is it worth spending budget on gambles when we could use that for next season on permanent players?

Grendel

Throwing money at unlikely attempts to get out of this league is what has led other clubs to absolute turmoil. It’s happening all over the league. The best thing we can do is build a solid foundation, finish mid table, become an attractive proposition to higher calibre players (as we are doing) and build sustainably. Throwing money at a pipe dream this year is not the right thing to do

he’s talking investment - that means no loans and no risk to the club.

Brighton Sky Blue

We were a bit of quality in the final third from 9 points the last three rather than 3. We’d be sat happily in the playoffs right now with games in hand and an easy run if we’d got an AM in already.

I mean this is also discounting the points chucked against Millwall, Huddersfield, Birmingham etc.

Pretty infuriating

Brighton Sky Blue

Extra cash about? What about money lost during Covid?

Coventry will have their targets and any building will sensibly be done in the summer.

Unless one of those targets becomes unexpectedly available.

Our best hope this season is flirting with the prospects of the play offs.

But in our second season back at this level it is progress and not to be sniffed at.

Barnsley’s third season is going to be their last

Gint11

Whilst I understand the desire for SISU to give MR some spends to bolster our attack, presumably to give us a good chance of a top 6 spot, it’s unlikely to happen.

That’s because top 6 isn’t our target! The club are in a healthy league position and will be exceeding pre season expectations so SISU might not see the need.

Im with you on it, but they may not be!

lordy_87

Monday will tell us all the sisu ambition or lack of it, we have shifted players out, a month or so ago sold a sixteen year old for over £400k our attendances are up so there has to be a bit of extra cash about surely enough for at least a loan but will they okay it l won’t be holding my breath
Is this that Katsakunya? Over £400k was he?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Sisu are happy with pay as you go.

fernandopartridge

Oh whatever, this is half a season of expenditure not year on year spending. There may never be a better opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread