Transfer window (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Well that’s the rumoured fee, loose change for Villa, apparently they have also snapped a couple of starlets from West Brom and I know they bought a kid off Bristol City a few months ago. But to cheer you up I am told their U/18s which possibly included Thierry Katsakunya and the others lost 5-0 to the Albion recently.

Grendel

Whilst I understand the desire for SISU to give MR some spends to bolster our attack, presumably to give us a good chance of a top 6 spot, it’s unlikely to happen.

That’s because top 6 isn’t our target! The club are in a healthy league position and will be exceeding pre season expectations so SISU might not see the need.

Im with you on it, but they may not be!

The owners have no targets for League position - it’s not a priority or interest to them

Grendel

Would they be happy with bottom 3

Theyd be neither happy or unhappy. The business would just be restructured accordingly

cc84cov

Theyd be neither happy or unhappy. The business would just be restructured accordingly
Not sure on that mate I think the last thing they want is relegation with players like Bidwell Waghorn O’Hare etc on very good money for league 1

Grendel

Not sure on that mate I think the last thing they want is relegation with players like Bidwell Waghorn O’Hare etc on very good money for league 1

They would sell players. Other than waghorn that would be fairly easy as with Godden and Hamer. The owners just evaluate a budget from an asset perspective and react accordingly

cc84cov

They would sell players. Other than waghorn that would be fairly easy as with Godden and Hamer. The owners just evaluate a budget from an asset perspective and react accordingly
Can’t see us going down this season but as we’ve seen with Barnsley this year we need to keep strengthening,tbh we just need new owners 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grendel

The one thing you’d hope they don’t do is what they did in both relegation seasons which was a complete retraction of the spend and focus on selling players and recouping funds. The relegation seasons were totally down to catastrophic decision making from them

Gint11

The owners have no targets for League position - it’s not a priority or interest to them

Youre probably right and agreeing to my point. There’s a clamour for SISU to give MR a war chest to get to the promise land but they’ll be happy with the position we’re in

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s if anyone wants them isn’t it

Waghorn is on a 2 year contract I think so he would just be released at the end, you'd have little trouble moving any of the other high earners. Ultimately the owners will operate the same break even/jacking high interest loans on the club strategy regardless of league status.

Brighton Sky Blue

Youre probably right and agreeing to my point. There’s a clamour for SISU to give MR a war chest to get to the promise land but they’ll be happy with the position we’re in

Not even a war chest to be honest, just stop making him work with both arms tied behind his back

Grendel

Which is really as a fan not acceptable

Gint11

Which is really as a fan not acceptable

Maybe so. SISU may not a position target but Robins has and it’s 50 points, then reassess.

2nd season in the champ in 9th/10th is dreamland for us at the moment.

Grendel

Maybe so. SISU may not a position target but Robins has and it’s 50 points, then reassess.

2nd season in the champ in 9th/10th is dreamland for us at the moment.

Wow dreamland

Sky Blue Pete

From where we’ve been it absolutely is on my opinion. Last season it took many games to get a win but it ended well. It are exceeding expectations and I’m buzzing we are in the top half.

you fellas need to lay off the football manager sauce
Exceeding expectation is absolutely right

Grendel

Gint11

well that’s true - Sisu lower expectation to the lowest common denominator

2 promotions, one as Champions and a cup. Wouldn’t say that’s SISU lowering expectations.

People are allowed an opinion and a differing one at that but sometimes I’m baffled by it.

Weve been in the fucking doldrums for years and now we’re top half of the Champ in our 2nd season back with a shite budget and some fans are doom and gloom and expect us to romp the division.

Clueless

CDK

2 promotions, one as Champions and a cup. Wouldn’t say that’s SISU lowering expectations.

People are allowed an opinion and a differing one at that but sometimes I’m baffled by it.

Weve been in the fucking doldrums for years and now we’re top half of the Champ in our 2nd season back with a shite budget and some fans are doom and gloom and expect us to romp the division.

Clueless
Thats my opinion as well and robins is building a long term project here and club is growing despite of sisu.

Gint11

It’s a hard one. A budget is agreed and if the club need to exceed that where does the money come from ?

True but if we are exceeding expectations as we are, why is there a need to increase the budget?

I’d love SISU to give MR £1M or so to go and get another striker or number 10 but they probably don’t see the need.

Deity

It’s a hard one. A budget is agreed and if the club need to exceed that where does the money come from ?
From the Hedge fund. They need to get out at some point. A controlled additional spend until the end of the season in pursuit of the play offs is exactly the sort of investment hedge funds are there to make. Small investment, one off, big potential upside.

Sick Boy

Throwing money at unlikely attempts to get out of this league is what has led other clubs to absolute turmoil. It’s happening all over the league. The best thing we can do is build a solid foundation, finish mid table, become an attractive proposition to higher calibre players (as we are doing) and build sustainably. Throwing money at a pipe dream this year is not the right thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solid foundation - hahaha!

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread