Pennington -Gone back to Everton
Pugh - Out for the season and out of contact in the summer

Bomb Squad

Miller - Told he can leave[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ccfcway

7:15pm
Andy Turner

UPDATE: Striker and central midfielder on the way?

I understand City are close to signing a supporting striker who has been plying his trade in the Championship. The club have been working on the deal for the last two days and are trying to complete the finer details as I write.

I'm told the Sky Blues are also trying to bring in a central midfielder before tonight's window closes at 11pm. I understand they are waiting on the player's agent to respond and are doing all they can to get it over the line.

ccfcway

Former Sky Blues striker Mathieu Manset, has had his contract cancelled at Walsall by mutual consent

"Mathieu has displayed a good attitude during his time with us, but at this stage of his career he needs to be playing regular first-team football, and we can't offer him that here."

sounds familar

ccfcway

DEADLINE DAY: Coventry City sign Middlesbrough striker Luke Williams on an emergency loan until the end of the season

The 21-year old striker joins the Sky Blues until the end of the 2014/15 League One season and bolster's Steven Pressley's attack...

Williams joins the Sky Blues for the rest of the 2014/15 season campaign and will bolster Steven Pressley's attacking options.

The 21-year old came through the ranks at the Riverside and has already made 34 appearances, scoring two goals, for his hometown club.

Williams enjoyed a loan spell with Hartlepool United last season and Scunthorpe United this season, scoring two goals in six appearances at Glanford Park.

City boss Steven Pressley said: "We're delighted to welcome Luke to the club and he will give another valuable option going forward.

"As I've said in recent weeks, I want to see my side score more goals and I'm sure by bringing Luke in until the end of the season, it will help us achieve that aim.

"He is another young and hungry player that will bring good energy to the squad."

sw88

Chief Commentator!
This concerns me

"and has already made 34 appearances, scoring two goals, for his hometown club"

im im all for trying to improve the squad and won't knock him as soon as he's walked through the door, but why another striker who's unproven? We need a midfielder!

ccfcway

updated - 2nd Feb

New Players IN

Jones - 1 month loan
Samuel - 3 month loan
Odelusi - 1 month loan
Turgott - end of the season
Williams - end of the season

Contract Extentions

Nouble - Signed till summer
Martin - Signed for 18 months

OUT

Hines - Gone back to Middlesborough
McQuoid - Gone back to Bounemouth
Clarke - Off to Scunthorpe - Undisclosed
Daniels - Off to Notts County - Undisclosed
Allsopp - Gone back to Bournemouth
Madine - Gone back to Sheff Wed
Pennington -Gone back to Everton
Pugh - Out for the season and out of contact in the summer

Bomb Squad

Miller - Told he can leave

stupot07

at this point, Wesbster must be stopping this being the youngest squad in the FL ?

Nah, swindon and notts county have pretty young squads, don't forget we've got Tudguy in his 30's too, JOB, Jackson, Miller Jones, Martin, Swanson all mid-to-late 20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

This concerns me

"and has already made 34 appearances, scoring two goals, for his hometown club"

im im all for trying to improve the squad and won't knock him as soon as he's walked through the door, but why another striker who's unproven? We need a midfielder!

Attacking midfielder. And he has 2 in 6 for Scunthorpe. That doesn't sound too bad.

ccfcway

8 pm
Aidan McCartney

Sky Blues sign Luke Williams from Boro
This is a really exciting signing for the Sky Blues!
Luke Williams joins on loan from Middlesbrough, he's a 21-year-old attacking midfielder who can play in the no.10 role.
Williams was previously on loan with Scunthorpe and he really impressed with the Iron before returning to Boro due to injury.

Nonleagueherewecome

One we missed

@tiptontownfc: News brought to you on #deadlineday ...Zambian international Noble Rumsey has joined Tipton Town. http://t.co/mkuPmQvzPH @FAZFootball

Well he'd probably have been an improvement on Webster. And when Pressley says that he "played like an international" it would have some truth to it...

chiefdave

The problem we've got is strikers who are proven aren't coming here on a free.

Noggin

8 pm
Aidan McCartney

Sky Blues sign Luke Williams from Boro
This is a really exciting signing for the Sky Blues!
Luke Williams joins on loan from Middlesbrough, he's a 21-year-old attacking midfielder who can play in the no.10 role.
Williams was previously on loan with Scunthorpe and he really impressed with the Iron before returning to Boro due to injury.

from wikipedia

On 2 Febuary 2015, Williams signed fro Coventry City on loan until the end of the season. sisu out

lol whose the cheeky monkey :p

ccfc92

:34 pm
Andy Turner
UPDATE: Final player slips the net for now
I understand City have been unable to get a third deadline day target - believed to be a central midfielder - over the line tonight but the player in question is understood to be a free agent and, therefore, someone the club can pursue over the coming days.

ccfc92

Deadline Day Recap
The deadline day is set to close imminently with the Sky Blues getting two deals done on a very busy day for the club.
Outside of transfer news, City appointed former Leeds United head coach David Hockaday as Professional Development coach until the end of the season.
Former West Ham youngster Blair Turgott joined on a permanent deal until the end of the season in the first signing of the day.
Highly-rated Middlesbrough forward Luke Williams then became arrival number two as he joined on an emergency loan deal until the end of the season.
City also hoped to complete a third signing for a central midfielder but failed to get it over the line. However the player is a free agent so discussions will continue outside of the window.

SkyBlue_Bear83

7 players in with 3 on permanent deals
Fleck extended contract
Didn't lose Maddison and Haynes as lots of people stated as fact
Got rid of a few players who were nowhere near the team in Clarke and Daniels for undisclosed fees
Sent back some of the loans that were surplus in Hines, Mcquoid.
Madine would have been nice but I don't feel he is a massive loss, I certainly wouldn't have paid a fee.
Hopefully we can keep Pennington till the end of the season and Jones (unless Kirkland becomes available, I'd imagine that is why it was initially 1 month)
Disappointing we didn't get a centre midfielder but that could still be on according to telegraph over the next few day.

We'd have taken that at the start of the window wouldn't we?

Edit: Swanson just gone out on loan

Gazolba

It's good that we have got players in but I wont get too excited because on past form we can expect 75% of them to be duds. So I am cautiously hopeful that this new blood will at least give the team a short-term boost. But long term, I don't see anything changing. Who is to say the new guys will be any better than McQuoid, Madine, Daniels, Swanson and Coulibaly. We are still saddled with SP's negative tactics. I still think its going to be a relegation struggle unless we can start winning at home, which there is no sign of us doing.

Captain Dart

Madine & Swanson are gone now. Swanson signed a 2 year contract and has hardly played.

Pennington's existing loan finishes 7th Feb, joined 27th Nov, so I think it is possible to get a few more weeks till the 93 day loan limit

ccfcway

A good window ?

New Players IN

Jones - 1 month loan
Samuel - 3 month loan
Odelusi - 1 month loan
Turgott - end of the season
Williams - end of the season

Contract Extentions

Nouble - Signed till summer
Martin - Signed for 18 months

OUT