McQuoid - Gone back to Bounemouth
Clarke - Off to Scunthorpe - Undisclosed
Daniels - Off to Notts County - Undisclosed
Allsopp - Gone back to Bournemouth

Bomb Squad

Miller - Told he can leave
Tudgay - Told he can leave
Pugh - Out for the season

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/watch-steven-pressley-given-january-8258517

Steven Pressley has been given the green light to recruit four or five players as he looks to shuffle his Sky Blues pack in the January transfer window.

You forgot the keeper!!

It looks a tad worse than it is - daniels has been nowhere near the first team squad this season, and clarke had already gone before Pennington came in. The only player we have currently lost from the first 11 is Allsop. It also looks like Tudguy's out the bomb squad. And I'm not sure putting pugh in the bomb squad in a transfer window as an out because of his injury is a fair reflection on transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

Yep Stupot completely agree but why let the facts get in the way on an update. Far better to look at squad which is still probably as large/larger than most in this league.

Keepers (3) - Jones, Burge, Reice cook.
Defenders (8) - Phillips, Wllis, Pennington, Haynes, Webster, Martin, Johnson, Pugh
Midflelders (7) - Swanson, Fleck, Thomas, Finch, Barton, Maddison, O'Brien
Forwards (6) - Nouble, Madine, Jackson, Tudgay, Miller, G.Thomas

I have left off academy players who may have also made the bench but as playing 4-3-3. Given fact we can only name 17
A squad of 24 is more than sufficient for this league in fact probably above average.

Pressley needs to get more out of the 24......salary and squad wise we are below where we should be by a long way realistically.
Despite the blinkered view by many that we have a squad of two and have no budget in comparison to our rivals!!! :facepalm:

skybluegod

Yep Stupot completely agree but why let the facts get in the way on an update. Far better to look at squad which is still probably as large/larger than most in this league.

Keepers (3) - Jones, Burge, Reice cook.
Defenders (8) - Phillips, Wllis, Pennington, Haynes, Webster, Martin, Johnson, Pugh
Midflelders (7) - Swanson, Fleck, Thomas, Finch, Barton, Maddison, O'Brien
Forwards (6) - Nouble, Madine, Jackson, Tudgay, Miller, G.Thomas

I have left off academy players who may have also made the bench but as playing 4-3-3. Given fact we can only name 17
A squad of 24 is more than sufficient for this league in fact probably above average.

Pressley needs to get more out of the 24......salary and squad wise we are below where we should be by a long way realistically.
Despite the blinkered view by many that we have a squad of two and have no budget in comparison to our rivals!!! :facepalm:

It's not the fact that we don't have a squad, it's the fact it's hampered by injuries and filled with loans.

cook, hasn't played in a pro game.
phillips, Pugh,Johnson, Swanson has been injured for large chunks of the season
finch, Haynes, G.thomas, Maddison are all still in their teens and aren't ready to start 20+ league games a season.

Plus the midfield is largely dog shit Imo and needs changing asap

johnwillomagic

Cook is third choice keeper somebody has to be and waste of wages to pay for a no3 choice youngster ideal.

All teams have injuries over course of season four is hardly a crippling list, Phillips for some reason best know to SP is not first choice.
Neither is Pugh as Haynes takes preference. Neither has Swanson so really it is only Johnson who has significantly affected sp's squad being injured.

So no league 1 teams have youngish players in their squad? That argument is rubbish if you're good enough you're old enough how old was Michael Owen
for instance.....Robbie Keane, Raheem Stirling to name a few. Besides of those four listed only Haynes has really featured regularly. Thomas not really had a sniff
rightly so Finch and Maddison have been used sparingly......Finch not sparingly enough imo!! Haynes can handle it I think don't forget there was a lot of transfer talk about him earlier in the season. His form might have dipped as is common with youngsters but he is definitely league one ready standard imo.

Agree largely about midfield but we operate in FFP so we need to get rid of some bodies really before we get them in.......and Pressley has signed up Fleck for another season so
we are stuck with him....not sure of contracts on others but some will be cleared out I expect but not till their contract runs down as no-one will buy them let;s face it.

Thomas, Swanson, Barton are the most obvious three and I am not a fan of Finch but he is young so maybe worth retaining!

A 24 man squad is plenty for this division imo we cannot exceed this or afford to currently so understand why there has not been 12 new signings in transfer window.

stupot07

Cook is third choice keeper somebody has to be and waste of wages to pay for a no3 choice youngster ideal.

All teams have injuries over course of season four is hardly a crippling list, Phillips for some reason best know to SP is not first choice.
Neither is Pugh as Haynes takes preference. Neither has Swanson so really it is only Johnson who has significantly affected sp's squad being injured.

So no league 1 teams have youngish players in their squad? That argument is rubbish if you're good enough you're old enough how old was Michael Owen
for instance.....Robbie Keane, Raheem Stirling to name a few. Besides of those four listed only Haynes has really featured regularly. Thomas not really had a sniff
rightly so Finch and Maddison have been used sparingly......Finch not sparingly enough imo!! Haynes can handle it I think don't forget there was a lot of transfer talk about him earlier in the season. His form might have dipped as is common with youngsters but he is definitely league one ready standard imo.

Agree largely about midfield but we operate in FFP so we need to get rid of some bodies really before we get them in.......and Pressley has signed up Fleck for another season so
we are stuck with him....not sure of contracts on others but some will be cleared out I expect but not till their contract runs down as no-one will buy them let;s face it.

Thomas, Swanson, Barton are the most obvious three and I am not a fan of Finch but he is young so maybe worth retaining!

A 24 man squad is plenty for this division imo we cannot exceed this or afford to currently so understand why there has not been 12 new signings in transfer window.

yep and look at Swindon's starting line up from our 0-3 thrashing (sorry copy and paste jobbie from the match thread) they have a very young team, with lots of loans and freebies

• 01 Foderingham (23) - undisclosed in Jan 2012 from Palace
  • 05 Stephens (20) - loan from Southampton
  • 02 Thompson (24) - Swindon Academy graduate
  • 06 Turnbull (20) - loan from Southampton
  • 03 Byrne (22) - free transfer Tottenham
  • 19 Thompson (20) -loan from Norwich
  • 07 Gladwin (22) - Free from Marlow
  • 15 Toffolo (19) - on loan from Norwich
  • 14 Swift (19) - on loan from Chelsea
  • 09 Smith (23) - undisclosed from Charlton Jan 2014
  • 10 Williams (28) - free from Yeovil
  • and i doubt they actually paid much for either Foderingham or Smith.

Noggin

yep and look at Swindon's starting line up from our 0-3 thrashing (sorry copy and paste jobbie from the match thread) they have a very young team, with lots of loans and freebies

That's true but 2 of their loans are cover for their two internationals that are away for their national team, one of those 2 players they paid 400k for.

I know I've mentioned this before but all loans aren't created equal, if you are willing to pay the parent club a good percentage of their wages you are going to get a large choice of players and get someone that fits into your squad, fills your need and quite possibly with more talent that other players in the league, if you aren't willing to pay well you get what's on offer and those not wanted by others. Presley's comments about the goal keeper recruitment suggest we are one of the latter teams.

Sky Blue Kid

Lmfao.....No wonder you tried putting posters down when we were saying SP is useless at picking loanees by pushing the "Swindon have got loanees in....ffs LOOK where they came from....Southampton x 2.....Spurs x 1....Chelsea x 1....Norwich x 2...Palace x 1.....Charlton x 1.....F**k me they've got practically at least Top end Championship players in their team. No wonder your arrogance spilled over on some of those posts.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's true but 2 of their loans are cover for their two internationals that are away for their national team, one of those 2 players they paid 400k for.

I know I've mentioned this before but all loans aren't created equal, if you are willing to pay the parent club a good percentage of their wages you are going to get a large choice of players and get someone that fits into your squad, fills your need and quite possibly with more talent that other players in the league, if you aren't willing to pay well you get what's on offer and those not wanted by others. Presley's comments about the goal keeper recruitment suggest we are one of the latter teams.

I'd speculate that Madine and Nouble (when he was at Ipswich) are being paid more than youth players from the premier league.

Swindon are showing how it should be done, its the model we should be following.

skybluegod

Cook shouldn't really be considered part of the 24 surely? How do you know phillips isn't first choice? He's been injured most of the season? Pugh was meant to be first choice, SP said so himself.
The argument about good enough, your old enough is stupid, players develop at different rates, rickie lambert? Harry Kane? Sterling used sparingly in his first full season last year. He barely played in the first Half of the season, then came into the side for the second half. Sterling is also one of a kind. and in league 1 the physicalty is totally different to the premier league, and 16/17 year olds like Maddison and Thomas aren't going to be able to compete with big strong centre backs. Our youngsters are fast tracked, when most teams bring players into the first team at around 20 years old.

Ageee barton and Thomas need to be moved on. I'm not saying we should be making 12 new signings? I am just saying the squad is not well balanced and new blood does need to come in. We can't rely continuously on under-developed youngsters.

johnwillomagic

continuously relying on under developed youngsters......how many of our starting xi fit that bill today??? :thinking about::whistle::facepalm:

chiefdave

Bringing in young players isn't really an issue in this division, a lot of teams do it. I think we just notice it as we've got a track record for over paying old pro's on their way back down the leagues. The problem we're having is we're not putting the right experienced players alongside them to support and develop them.

skybluegod

continuously relying on under developed youngsters......how many of our starting xi fit that bill today??? :thinking about::whistle::facepalm:

One match isn't a season is it? Finch fits that bill still doesn't he?

the fact, spence, Maddison, Thomas, Haynes, finch have all had to be used. Maddison, finch and Haynes fairly regularly.

also the likes of Kelly-Evans and Lawton on the bench which means we have been unable to effect the game with substitutions

skybluegod

Bringing in young players isn't really an issue in this division, a lot of teams do it. I think we just notice it as we've got a track record for over paying old pro's on their way back down the leagues. The problem we're having is we're not putting the right experienced players alongside them to support and develop them.

Would agree about the older players, but most other teams don't fast track their youngsters as regularly and as young as us? Yeovil for example today only 6 players in the bench? If it was us we would have put youngsters in there.

stupot07

Lmfao.....No wonder you tried putting posters down when we were saying SP is useless at picking loanees by pushing the "Swindon have got loanees in....ffs LOOK where they came from....Southampton x 2.....Spurs x 1....Chelsea x 1....Norwich x 2...Palace x 1.....Charlton x 1.....F**k me they've got practically at least Top end Championship players in their team. No wonder your arrogance spilled over on some of those posts.

LMFAO. You're really saying those young loan players are top end championship players because they came from PL and championship teams? Lol

Reece Brown - Man U PL
Brian Kerr - newcastle PL
Lee Sawyer - chelsea PL
Callum ball - Derby champ
Eddie Johnson - Man U PL
Akpom - arsenal PL
Henderson (not jordan the other one) - arsenal PL
Peter clarke - everton PL
Sebastian Olszar - Portsmouth PL
Courtney Pitt - Portsmouth PL
Richard Duffy - Portsmouth PL
Lloyd Dyer - WBA PL
Neil wood - Man U - PL
Christian Negouai - Man city PL
Rohan Rickets - Tottenham PL
Matt Mills - Southampton PL (was poor for us but has had a good career)
Adam Virgo - Celtic SPL
Zavon Hines - West Ham PL
Freddie Sears - West Ham PL
Danny Ward - Bolton PL
Alex Nimely - Man City PL
Gary Gardner - Aston Villa PL
Stephan O'Halloran PL
Jamie Reckord - Wolves Championship
James Bailey - Derby Championship
Aaron Martin - Southampton PL
Delfouneso - Aston Villa PL

So all the above youngsters that came on loan from PL (+1-2 from Championship) and largely disappointed were all at least top end championship players?

GIFSoup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Most of them will be being paid less than Nouble(when he was a loan) and Madine, nothing to stop us going out and getting similar players.

Sky Blue Kid

LMFAO. You're really saying those young loan players are top end championship players because they came from PL and championship teams? Lol Reece Brown - Man U PL Brian Kerr - newcastle PL Lee Sawyer - chelsea PL Callum ball - Derby champ Eddie Johnson - Man U PL Akpom - arsenal PL Henderson (not jordan the other one) - arsenal PL Peter clarke - everton PL Sebastian Olszar - Portsmouth PL Courtney Pitt - Portsmouth PL Richard Duffy - Portsmouth PL Lloyd Dyer - WBA PL Neil wood - Man U - PL Christian Negouai - Man city PL Rohan Rickets - Tottenham PL Matt Mills - Southampton PL (was poor for us but has had a good career) Adam Virgo - Celtic SPL Zavon Hines - West Ham PL Freddie Sears - West Ham PL Danny Ward - Bolton PL Alex Nimely - Man City PL Gary Gardner - Aston Villa PL Stephan O'Halloran PL Jamie Reckord - Wolves Championship James Bailey - Derby Championship Aaron Martin - Southampton PL Delfouneso - Aston Villa PL So all the above youngsters that came on loan from PL (+1-2 from Championship) and largely disappointed were all at least top end championship players? GIFSoup Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
LOL...How many years do you want to troll back over to suit your agenda mate? This season Swindon have gone for quality loans from the Premier and Championship teams...WTF has SP done???...ONE(1) Prem youngster ,who did really well when played in the middle of the back 4 against Walsall. and Nouble and Tudgay from Championship. The other 30 are s**t. http://wifflegif.com/gifs/581167-david-tennant-ridicilous-gif

ccfcway

LOL...How many years do you want to troll back over to suit your agenda mate? This season Swindon have gone for quality loans from the Premier and Championship teams...WTF has SP done???...ONE(1) Prem youngster ,who did really well when played in the middle of the back 4 against Walsall. and Nouble and Tudgay from Championship. The other 30 are s**t.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that they don't like they way we play ?

Grendel

LOL...How many years do you want to troll back over to suit your agenda mate? This season Swindon have gone for quality loans from the Premier and Championship teams...WTF has SP done???...ONE(1) Prem youngster ,who did really well when played in the middle of the back 4 against Walsall. and Nouble and Tudgay from Championship. The other 30 are s**t. http://wifflegif.com/gifs/581167-david-tennant-ridicilous-gif

Actually they have young unproven premier loans - like Apong who we slagged off - and a Norwich loan who was with the club previously.

The total value of the 11 on the pitch in transfer fees was less than we paid for Adam Barton (excluding the Norwich loan which hasn't been re invested in the team)

Facts eh?

ccfcway

updated - 25th Jan

New Players IN

Jones - 1 month loan

Contract Extentions

Pennington - 1 more games to go before he goes back to Everton
Nouble - Signed till summer
Martin - Signed for 18 months

OUT

Hines - Gone back to Middlesborough
Madine - Going back to Sheff Wed on 30th Jan

Injured and unlike to reappear

Bomb Squad

Tudgay - Told he can leave

Last edited:

stupot07

Just realised Jones must be in coloured text, that's why I couldn't see him on your earlier post, but I can see it when I quote the post. No wonder I couldn't see it earlier!!

bea4a0313b4ecca0173658eb841f42e1.jpg

ccfcway

updated - 29th Jan

New Players IN

Jones - 1 month loan
Samuel - 3 month loan
Odelusi - training with us

Contract Extentions

OUT

Hines - Gone back to Middlesborough
Madine - Going back to Sheff Wed tomorrow

Injured and unlike to reappear

Bomb Squad

torchomatic

I thought Tudgay has been told he's staying now?

torchomatic

You had him in your bomb squad but I see you've skilfully edited it. Just pointing it out, Mr Touchy Britches.

he has, whats your point ?

Chipfat

I think SP has been messed about that much in regards to transfers he doesn't know how to approach the situation.. He is now not letting players go until he brings players in, that says to me he is not confident that what he is being told from above.. He lets players leave on the promise you can have more come in is ok ,,as long as you are bringing in the same or equal ability to what you lost..That really hasn't happened, he has to take some responsibility for these transfers and that is where i have very little sympathy for him.. But if i was him i would be very careful about what he says, i would be "we are looking at bringing players in but its very hard on the current budget", for me he says too much... He told Tudgay and Miller to go, he has now told Tudgay he has to stay due to having no other option,, that is a situation that will not workout well for player or SP..

He has brought so much on himself and don't think he would be in a job anywhere else on current form and results, but it is not easy when he is having the rug pulled from under him at every given turn.. Again if i was him i would be telling the press that he is now working under a very tight budget and has his hands tied ,, instead of reacting to what the owners are telling him in regards to transfer policy..He makes himself look like an idiot and someone who has no idea about what he is doing which the players will pick up never mind the fans...So SP has to keep quiet or put the light onto SW and Sisu and just say he is playing with the cards he has been dealt,, i know i would and take the wage on offer, because at the moment he is being used as the scape coat and playing into the role very well..

Last edited:

ccfcway

updated - 29th Jan

New Players IN

Jones - 1 month loan
Samuel - 3 month loan
Odelusi - training with us

Contract Extentions

OUT