Transfer targets (15 Viewers)

Frankly unless he’s regressed or breaks down I’d offer him a deal after the Swansea game. But I’d also make it clear that’s what we’re doing so he doesn’t think we’ve just forgotten about him. A fit and firing O’Hare is easily one of our top players.

skybluegod

Buts that probably the maximum we can offer him. No way he gets 3 x of that anywhere else.

I didn't say he would get 3x what a new contract offer was?

Believe somebody said previously he's on about 10-12 right now (of course we don't know). If he left for free with a signing on fee, which would be substantial, etc I would bet he would get above 30k all in.

Greggs

Greed 😂

It's not greed, it's a short career for a footballer, you talk about him going to regret it if he gets injured before Jan. What if he gets a career ending injury after signing an extension as opposed to on triple the wage at a premier League/top championship club?

It's greed if we are offering a massive whack but at the moment we have offered fuck all.
Yes you did.

Colin Steins Smile

I've been told Wright is looking to head back to Turkey in January, possibly Fenerbache. Has our inside man heard anything? Its come from a completely unreliable source, so take it with a pinch of salt.
No football in turkey for a while after the referee being assaulted, Haji must be wanting a break from football! ;)

Skybluedownunder

Thought I’d look up how Zan Vipotnik and Dylan Vente are getting on at their new clubs seeming as they were quite discussed on here during the summer…

Zan Vipotnik is playing for Bordeaux in Ligue 2, played 17, scored 3, no assists. Joined for £2.5m up front but potentially rising to £4.2m

Dylan Vente is playing for Hibs, played 18, scored 5, assisted 2. Joined for £700k

Maybe it takes time for players to settle and find their feet in a new country.

To be honest though, I’d still rather grabbed both of these players than Haji Wright

Both younger and with those fees more chance to have turned them into a profit. Haji’s fee is going to be a hard one to turn into a profit, would have much preferred to have spread our risk and it would have only been £3.2m total up front as opposed to £7.7m up front and rising to potentially £9m

Could have got those two AND Miles Leaburn for that money!

Just seems crazy we’ve spent that sort of money on Haji, I really hope he can find his feet but I’d have rather us spread the money around on a couple of lower risk signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deity

Thought I’d look up how Zan Vipotnik and Dylan Vente are getting on at their new clubs seeming as they were quite discussed on here during the summer…

Zan Vipotnik is playing for Bordeaux in Ligue 2, played 17, scored 3, no assists. Joined for £2.5m up front but potentially rising to £4.2m

Dylan Vente is playing for Hibs, played 18, scored 5, assisted 2. Joined for £700k

To be honest though, I’d still rather grabbed both of these players than Haji Wright

Both younger and with those fees more chance to have turned them into a profit. Haji’s fee is going to be a hard one to turn into a profit, would have much preferred to have spread our risk and it would have only been £3.2m total up front as opposed to £7.7m up front and rising to potentially £9m

Just seems crazy we’ve spent that sort of money on Haji, I really hope he can find his feet but I’d have rather us spread the money around on a couple of lower risk signings.

I’m glad you are not in charge of recruitment based on that logic

Skybluedownunder

I’m glad you are not in charge of recruitment based on that logic

We were linked with these players (supposedly)

Can only go off the stats and also whatever highlight clips I’ve seen but that Vipotnik looks a beast.

Was also linked with some of the same clubs that Wright was linked with

Skybluedownunder

Please refer to my point made saying ‘maybe it does take time for players to settle in a new country’ which was referring to all 3 players, basically that all 3 had scored goals in other leagues and all appear to not be firing all cylinders just yet.

I guess we will have to re-evaluate at the end of the season to see how they compare (however there’s lots of other factors such as league played in, players on your team etc)

What I’m saying is… I’d have rather bought all 3 of them being Vente, Vipotnik and Leaburn for the price we paid for Wright, spread the risk across more players and also more chance of turning into a profit… all 3 are younger too

fernandopartridge

You'd rather have grabbed somebody who has scored 5 times in the SPL (Bakayoko has 4 in 15) than Wright. Get out of the sun for a bit.

NorthernWisdom

I don't get the Wright won't turn a profit either. If he gets anywhere from 15-20 goals the next couple of seasons, he'll be £10mil+, maybe £15mil regardless of anything else.

And they clearly think he's capable of that or they wouldn't buy him in the first place! Doesn't mean he *will*, but much as Gyokeres has more exposure with Sporting, Wright has more exposure here than with some bang average Turkish side.

SkyBlueMatt

It's a no win scenario. If Wright would have stayed in Turkey and continued/improved his scoring record. We'd all be slating the decision not to bring him in.

I'm not his biggest fan but most games he does get in a position to score but a good save, bad luck or the wrong decision. Prevents him from scoring.

If he hits a purple patch where everything starts to fall for him. He could start banging in the goals. I really hope he does and I look like an impatient twat for my previous comments.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

You'd rather have grabbed somebody who has scored 5 times in the SPL (Bakayoko has 4 in 15) than Wright. Get out of the sun for a bit.

He cost £700k… bit of a difference.

We are a club who usually take low fee risks with potential… you are telling me that in the summer you didn’t think this lad had potential?

Skybluedownunder

It's a no win scenario. If Wright would have stayed in Turkey and continued/improved his scoring record. We'd all be slating the decision not to bring him in.

I'm not his biggest fan but most games he does get in a position to score but a good save, bad luck or the wrong decision. Prevents him from scoring.

If he hits a purple patch where everything starts to fall for him. He could start banging in the goals. I really hope he does and I look like an impatient twat for my previous comments.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

To be fair we weren’t really linked with him, it was announced we were after him like a day or so before we signed him, it was all kept very low key so we would have been none the wiser

SkyBlueMatt

To be fair we weren’t really linked with him, it was announced we were after him like a day or so before we signed him, it was all kept very low key so we would have been none the wiser

Fair point but think back to all our other signings this summer, we had people hiding in bushes! :ROFLMAO: It always comes out and if there had been a hiccup like we couldn't finalise the contract. The same people would jump at the opportunity.

Great_Expectations

Any idea on the type of midfielder the bloke we have lined up is?

I’m hoping it’s a box to box type who can pick a pass. Playmaker with an engine.

slowpoke

Going to be lots of speculation the next three weeks, personally I’d like another striker in, one direct with good pace & movement but not an inexperience kid. Would prefer a permanent but a loan would do me. No idea who though wouldn’t be surprised if he came from abroad, premier players command top wages would like a decent midfielder too.

Last edited:

long way home

I can see the club being active in both incoming and outgoings in Jan. Im sure they already have targets lined up especially for the Hamer role on a permanent deal. I also see 2 pacy attacking players being brought in 1 young perm signing to develop and 1 loan ready for 1st team football from the off.

Other decisions will be made on players like Moore Ayari and Binks. I would keep Binks and try to get him on a permanent deal. Ayari and Moore i don't see being with the club after Jan. The other player that will be discussed is Tavares as to keep or loan out.

Obviously big one will be O hare, his outcome whichever way will effect what we do. The other big news could be any move for Vik to the prem.

My left field player who could be in the news is Godden. No reason, no inside info just a feeling we may cash in and go younger and more mobile in that position.

Last edited:

Viktor17

Kels looking at going out on loan in Jan now.

Took being left out the squad like the pro he is and wants to show he can still play top end L1 for the next 2 years

Moore should go in Jan

Ayari may still go back

Expect in

CM
2 Wingers
Maybe a striker
Would love dialo from Utd.
Hope the CM is lined up ready to go early in Jan

Hertsccfc

Going to be lots of speculation the next three weeks, personally I’d like another striker in, one direct with good pace & movement but not an inexperience kid. Would prefer a permanent but a loan would do me. No idea who though wouldn’t be surprised if he came from abroad, premier players command top wages would like a decent midfielder too.
Absolutely has to be the priority. Wright seems more comfortable on the left, Godden is off form and Simms is simply not scoring or justifying his place.

Hertsccfc

Would love dialo from Utd.
Hope the CM is lined up ready to go early in Jan
Me too but looks unlikely. Apparently Ten Haag wants to give him some first team appearances now he is fit and then decide whether to keep him or loan him to Leicester or Sunderland.

Last edited:

Viktor17

Me too but looks unlikely. Apparently Ten Haag wants to give him some first team appearances now he is fit and then decide whether to keep him or loan him to Leicester or Sunderland.
Yep did read about L and S being linked. Still can dream.

The midfielder is key first.

Users who are viewing this thread