Transfer targets (15 Viewers)

shmmeee

His season average is 79%, guess who’s at 80%. McNally who everyone has down as the saviour for our defence.

Kitchings is only 81%?

It’s not really a relevant stat for a CB as most of their passes are between the CBs and GK or out to the fullbacks. Kitching is tasked with breaking the lines more often so you’d expect a little lower.

Anyway I’ve never said my issue is that he gives the ball away loads. I said he doesn’t use it well and that hampers MvE. Plus he seems to get rushes of blood to the head like first half yesterday and can be quite clumsy. As I say all the complaints I had about Hyam

Ccfcisparks

It’s not really a relevant stat for a CB as most of their passes are between the CBs and GK or out to the fullbacks. Kitching is tasked with breaking the lines more often so you’d expect a little lower.

Anyway I’ve never said my issue is that he gives the ball away loads. I said he doesn’t use it well and that hampers MvE. Plus he seems to get rushes of blood to the head like first half yesterday and can be quite clumsy. As I say all the complaints I had about Hyam
The stats show that Thomas plays more long balls per 90 than Kitching so that’s a total fallacy

SBT

I’ll respect him as much as he does us. Sign a contract.
O’Hare has shown no more or less respect to us in his contract negotiations than any other player would. I refuse to believe this is a standard you apply to every player we’ve ever had.

shmmeee

O’Hare has shown no more or less respect to us in his contract negotiations than any other player would. I refuse to believe this is a standard you apply to every player we’ve ever had.

I don’t like players that refuse to sign and leave on a free. Check my post history on Jordan Willis for an example. I think it’s shitty when a club has stuck by you.

shmmeee

The stats show that Thomas plays more long balls per 90 than Kitching so that’s a total fallacy

You are absolutely desperate to avoid the point aren’t you? And there’s long balls (hoof it up the pitch) and long balls (play through the lines).

You’re clearly upset someone has criticised him, but at least engage with what’s being said.

SBT

I don’t like players that refuse to sign and leave on a free. Check my post history on Jordan Willis for an example. I think it’s shitty when a club has stuck by you.
I like players who play with talent and heart. A player’s willingness to needlessly undermine his personal financial situation for his employer’s benefit doesn’t really factor into it for me (whatever my emotional attachment to said employer)

shmmeee

I like players who play with talent and heart. A player’s willingness to needlessly undermine his personal financial situation for his employer’s benefit doesn’t really factor into it for me (whatever my emotional attachment to said employer)

Club before any player for me. Thanks for all the fish Cal I hope we get a decent fee in Jan. Absolutely nothing stopping him signing and extension so we can get a good fee but obviously he doesn’t back himself to be worth it.

SBT

Club before any player for me. Thanks for all the fish Cal I hope we get a decent fee in Jan. Absolutely nothing stopping him signing and extension so we can get a good fee but obviously he doesn’t back himself to be worth it.
I don’t think I ever said anything about player before club…

O’Hare’s personal appetite for financial risk has absolutely nothing to do with how much respect he has for the club, and how much he should expect from its fans in return.

shmmeee

I don’t think I ever said anything about player before club…

O’Hare’s personal appetite for financial risk has absolutely nothing to do with how much respect he has for the club, and how much he should expect from its fans in return.

How is hoping to go on a free less financial risk than signing an extension and going for cash? If he breaks down NYE he’s going to look mighty silly.

SBT

How is hoping to go on a free less financial risk than signing an extension and going for cash? If he breaks down NYE he’s going to look mighty silly.
You really want me to explain the incentives to holding out for free agency? Should I start with the Bosman rule or do we have to go back even further?

shmmeee

You really want me to explain the incentives to holding out for free agency? Should I start with the Bosman rule or do we have to go back even further?

That’s not avoiding risk though is it? That’s taking a risk for greed.

Mucca Mad Boys

Thomas plays quite alot of forward passes , risky passes between the lines designed to break higher presses or get us forward quick on the counter

I’m glad someone mentioned it. We’re still one of the most counter-attacking teams and in those phases, we’re very direct in our passing.

I really liked the tactical idea of playing long balls in behind for Simms and Wright. It gives us an option we never really had when playing flaccidly side to side.

Mucca Mad Boys

So you don’t see any risk in choosing to lock yourself into a lengthy contract that caps your earnings potential for years to come?
It’s not capping it and it really would depend on where COH believes he can develop the most.

Part of that will come down if MR can convince him we’re going to be seriously contending for promotion in the next two-three seasons.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, he had one really good game but that doesn’t make him a premier league player all of a sudden.

SBT

It’s not capping it and it really would depend on where COH believes he can develop the most.

Part of that will come down if MR can convince him we’re going to be seriously contending for promotion in the next two-three seasons.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, he had one really good game but that doesn’t make him a premier league player all of a sudden.
Like nearly all professional athletes, it will come down to where he can make the most cash. The ones who decide to drastically curtail their own earnings out of either team loyalty or a yearning for security are generally pitied more than they’re respected (Scottie Pippen is the classic example)

I don’t know if O’Hare can attract substantially better wages elsewhere but the only reason it’s even a discussion is because he’s played his socks off for us over the past few years, and unless and until he stops doing that then he’s earned my respect.

Mucca Mad Boys

Like nearly all professional athletes, it will come down to where he can make the most cash. The ones who decide to drastically curtail their own earnings out of either team loyalty or a yearning for security are generally pitied more than they’re respected (Scottie Pippen is the classic example)

I don’t know if O’Hare can attract substantially better wages elsewhere but the only reason it’s even a discussion is because he’s played his socks off for us over the past few years, and unless and until he stops doing that then he’s earned my respect.
It not always about cash-maximisation in short term. A lot of people confuse this. Players have career plans like the rest of us and that will involve playing at the highest level which invariably pays the most.

Gyokeres forced a move to Lisbon rather than the Premier League because he backed himself to use Lisbon as a launchpad to attract interest from bigger PL teams.

If it came down to it, I’m sure an EPL team could outbid Sporting Lisbon - it wasn’t just about how much he could make this summer.

SBT

It not always about cash-maximisation in short term. A lot of people confuse this. Players have career plans like the rest of us and that will involve playing at the highest level which invariably pays the most.

Gyokeres forced a move to Lisbon rather than the Premier League because he backed himself to use Lisbon as a launchpad to attract interest from bigger PL teams.

If it came down to it, I’m sure an EPL team could outbid Sporting Lisbon - it wasn’t just about how much he could make this summer.
Well yes - the point being that it’s ultimately almost always a business decision, and those shouldn’t dictate our emotional attachments to players.

Matt smith

I was criticizing him first half as his passing was poor and struggled to dominate aerially

howeber after the assertive tackle for the goal he was very good, and credit to him

I definitely prefer Kitching though

Mucca Mad Boys

Well yes - the point being that it’s ultimately almost always a business decision, and those shouldn’t dictate our emotional attachments to players.

Your point was really drilling down to ‘players only care about money, there’s zero sentiment’. Which isn’t true.

We weren’t the only team in for COH when he was a free agent and I’d be surprised if we offered the most money for him too.

When making a decision to join a new team, you’re investing in your future self and there’s no point being paid loads more if you’re miserable.

Hertsccfc

Totally agree. We even had someone criticise Hamer for trying too hard on the pitch because they felt he was looking for a move. The reality is that we have no idea about players' financial demands, what offers they have from other clubs and what we offer them and quite rightly so. It's none of our business.

It is ridiculous for fans to make judgements on these matters. What we do know is that the club will try to get rid of any player that is no longer wanted so I don't blame any of them for trying to get the best out of their career.

Only exception I would make us a player who stops trying, causes disruption or is offensive about the club. The ridiculous speculation by some posters about Hamer, Gyokeres and O'Hare motivations or that they think they are better than they are have been disrespectful to the efforts and commitment they have given to the club.

shmmeee

“Players should be sociopathic mercenaries focused only on personal success. Fans should care not about their own team but the financial success of their players.”

Make it make sense.

ccfc1234

The Allen role is where we need to spend big on a top class Hamer replacement. An attacking winger who is capable of replacing one of the front wide players if we need impact in that area would give us extra dynamism

Hobo

First comment on the matter and ‘give it a rest’ ok. It’s a fact we’ve underperformed so far.

Because anyone with half a brain cell knows it takes time for players to settle. Especially when they have come from abroad.

We brought a lot of new faces in during the summer. We are not even half way through a season yet. It was obvious it would be second half of the season before we could expect the team to really gel. Or even more likely next season before we reaped the rewards.

Gyokeres and Hamer did not produce their best football in their first season, neither did Sheaf.

It is the same at other clubs, sustained progress is gradual. You can either look towards teams like Brighton, Bournemouth and Brentford, or you can chop and change every 5 minutes like Reading.

Skybluedownunder

Hertsccfc

Because anyone with half a brain cell knows it takes time for players to settle. Especially when they have come from abroad.

We brought a lot of new faces in during the summer. We are not even half way through a season yet. It was obvious it would be second half of the season before we could expect the team to really gel. Or even more likely next season before we reaped the rewards.

Gyokeres and Hamer did not produce their best football in their first season, neither did Sheaf.

It is the same at other clubs, sustained progress is gradual. You can either look towards teams like Brighton, Bournemouth and Brentford, or you can chop and change every 5 minutes like Reading.
It isn't that simple though is it? Yes the continuous moaning from some quarters is tedious but just because we have won a couple of matches recently it doesn't mean everything has been brilliant and all the signings have been a success. There is no guarantee that any of the signings will prove to be good long term or of gradual improvement. The most likely thing is some will prove to be good and some not.

Also plenty of clubs have had success with lots of changes, like Forest for example. There is more than one way to succeed and sticking to particular model too rigidly seems unnecessarily restricted.

Deity

What a short term perspective you have.

Users who are viewing this thread