Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

David O'Day

The 2 big chances for boro were

1) A keystone cops moment involving Da Silva, Lati, Sheaf and Fadz

2) The crooks efforts was someone using a trick to run at him, not pace.

Highlights are on youtube

fatso

Eccles has one of if not the best win ratio in the squad and id say is the most improved player. Not a shock being as he is playing in his natural position and is getting more confidence by the game.

You can be lucky in football but once luck turns into consistency then luck has fuck all to do with it, just means you have become a better player.
I said after the Borough game that if we'd just paid 4 million for a midfielder and he'd put in the kind of performance that Eccles did, we'd be well chuffed.
He's developing into an excellent player, just needs to add the odd goal to his game now.

JimmyHillsbeard

The majority of those at right back.

I’m not saying get rid, he’s a great option to have but you’re kidding yourself if you think he can step into Hamer’s shoes.

It’s simply not true. He played about half a dozen games at right back (or subbing the rwb). After January and the influx of loaners he was allowed to play exclusively in his best position ; midfield.

As for the final para, I don’t think anyone is suggesting he’s a like for like replacement for Hamer but nor are *any* of the players we’ve been linked with.

skybluecam

Anyone who thinks that we will achieve anywhere near the top 6 with Sheaf and Eccles playing as the 2 holding in a 3 man midfield is having a laugh really.

We need a Hamer replacement who is going to come in and start the vast majority of games.

David O'Day

Anyone who thinks that we will achieve anywhere near the top 6 with Sheaf and Eccles playing as the 2 holding in a 3 man midfield is having a laugh really.

We need a Hamer replacement who is going to come in and start the vast majority of games.
We played a massive part of last season with sheaf, eccles and then kelly as the holding midfielders?

Once palmer was out Gus wasn't a holding player

Evo1883

We played a massive part of last season with sheaf, eccles and then kelly as the holding midfielders?

I don't think it's ideal we play out the season with such a negative midfield either tbh .. I don't think we will anyway

skybluecam

Our 3 was much more fluid - more like a flat 3 than the 2-1 we play with Palmer/O’Hare in the side. Gus often came deep to collect the ball.

skybluecam

that has nowt to do with the conversation about how we set up last yeat
This isn’t a conversation about how we set up last year? It’s whether we need to sign a Gus replacement or not. And we do, because Eccles can’t play that role to the standard we require.

Calista

Regardless don't want to rely on sheaf and Eccles staying fit the entire season do we?
No, but we have Kelly and Lati who can play in those DM positions too. So while we do want to add quality & depth there, we're not so desperate that selling clubs can rip us off.

Martin180

Is he a clown? If you think that, then I suppose the loss of Gus is no loss at all in your view?

The truth is we are weaker in that position than we were last season in terms of overall quality and numbers.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Where have I said that ?
It was in response to his claim that Eccles is a squad player at best

hamil99

Facebook User
I think we'll get another 2xCM and 1xLCB. And that will be us done in the transfer window.

I hope they are all perms as well. Having 4 loans available in Jan to plug up gaps caused through injury would be great.

In regards to another striker. Reading what Robins has said about a few of our youth players, I wonder if he doesn't want to stifle their progress, and include them up untill January at least. Obikwu, Andrews and Stretton, we seem to have a good few young strikers coming through.

Grendel

Is he a clown? If you think that, then I suppose the loss of Gus is no loss at all in your view?

The truth is we are weaker in that position than we were last season in terms of overall quality and numbers.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Calm down. We will be signing other players

Users who are viewing this thread