Transfer targets (6 Viewers)

Martin180

Tread the post again I've added ironic quote marks.

You are getting on the posters back as if he hates Eccles when he doesn't. I am just saying you do the same to Palmer.(but you don't hate him right)

But you say you don't want to converse with a fan like that?
I'm a Palmer fan , he has great ability and an eye for a goal but he does leave us exposed when we lose possession because he lacks the legs and fitness to track back . When O'Hare is fit it's noticeable how high up the field we press

covcity4life

I'm a Palmer fan , he has great ability and an eye for a goal but he does leave us exposed when we lose possession because he lacks the legs and fitness to track back . When O'Hare is fit it's noticeable how high up the filed we press
I get that although I think it's an exaggerated pov at times on here.

I like Eccles. I just can see why someone would say he is a squad player. It's not a harsh thing to say.

shmmeee

I'm a Palmer fan , he has great ability and an eye for a goal but he does leave us exposed when we lose possession because he lacks the legs and fitness to track back . When O'Hare is fit it's noticeable how high up the filed we press

O’Hare is a special player. You don’t find many in that position with his pressing and turnover stats.

Martin180

I get that although I think it's an exaggerated pov at times on here.

I like Eccles. I just can see why someone would say he is a squad player. It's not a harsh thing to say.
Fair enough and apologies if I got a bit heated , I get very passionate about our club and dislike ill-judged opinions and comments

skybluecam

Didn't quite think that saying Eccles was anything less than a nailed on starter would be so controversial.

I get there's lots of support for him, local lad and a great attitude. But, we've got to be ruthless. Settling for him as our first choice CM alongside Sheaf will not be enough to compete at the sharp end.

If we go out and spend on central midfielders and he still forces his way in to the 11 then I'll be the first to congratulate him.

covcity4life

Didn't quite think that saying Eccles was anything less than a nailed on starter would be so controversial.

I get there's lots of support for him, local lad and a great attitude. But, we've got to be ruthless. Settling for him as our first choice CM alongside Sheaf will not be enough to compete at the sharp end.

If we go out and spend on central midfielders and he still forces his way in to the 11 then I'll be the first to congratulate him.
If no one good on market though we going to have to go with sheaf eccles till xmass and hope it works majority of time. I think sat showed it will keep us competitive at very least

Brighton Sky Blue

I think people have forgotten this is the "transfer targets" thread... which is why I posted in it this afternoon saying we needed a CM. Since then it's devolved into arguing over Josh Eccles' squad status.
What we should be doing is arguing over when to start the Eccles cake song on Saturday and if Swansea allow the cakes into the ground.

Martin180

Id hope we at least get a loan in. I don’t think any of Sheaf Eccles and Kelly have made it through a season without a lengthy injury have they?
Still would like Willock to come in , can play cam as well as wide positions and forward

higgs

I think people have forgotten this is the "transfer targets" thread... which is why I posted in it this afternoon saying we needed a CM. Since then it's devolved into arguing over Josh Eccles' squad status.
We have to spend a decent amount to replace Gus. Eccles is a good player to have he can provide cover in a few positions and fresh legs off the bench. He has a big part to play this season. Sticking that penalty away under massive pressure at wembley is a great sign of his character

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Martin180

Still think we need a LCB, 2 CMs and a forward. Would be happy with Willock but he’s quite expensive for someone who may not start every game.
Would agree with all of that but Robins likes players who can play in a few positions, think Willock could be the 4th forward if needs be

SkyBlue_Bear83

All gone a bit quiet on incoming signings, I think we still need 4 signing so hopefully club are still busy in the background and the Hamer fee has been made available for the budget.

mmttww

Now you've just devolved into insulting me.
Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

mmttww

Oh, and....

No one in their right mind would argue we don't need to replace Hamer and that Eccles isn't as good as Hamer. Hamer is the best player we have had outside the Premier League. But that doesn't mean Eccles isn't good enough or a talented Championship player. And it doesn't necessarily mean he will drop out of the side.

skybluecam

Oh, and....

No one in their right mind would argue we don't need to replace Hamer and that Eccles isn't as good as Hamer. Hamer is the best player we have had outside the Premier League. But that doesn't mean Eccles isn't good enough or a talented Championship player. And it doesn't necessarily mean he will drop out of the side.
So we’ll play with 12 then?

Users who are viewing this thread