Transfer targets (4 Viewers)

San Francisco

Dont waste your time mate , he's typical of some of our fanbase . Once they make a decision about players they won't change their minds

It's like the attitude some have towards Wilson. They still regard him as a League One keeper at best.

Terry_dactyl

We've played 2 of the best teams in the division so far and in both Eccles was very close to man of the match .
For me the new midfield signing would replace Palmer on current form as he leaves us very exposed by not tracking back as much as he should
Not sure about your comments about Palmer but I think you’re spot on about Eccles.

hinckley cov

Eccles is a squad player. The only reason he's starting is that we've sold Hamer and not yet replaced him. Once that happens Eccles will be back to the bench.
There’s a lot of squad players needed, as playing the high press requires a lot of energy and a lot more substitutions than past seasons.

skybluecam

He's been a regular in the team since about October last year.
Yes, but he wasn't first choice in any position was he? He got starts when the likes of Palmer, Hamer, Sheaf, BNC, Dabo etc were injured/out. So he was a squad player, filling in when needed.

People seem to be forgetting it took injuries to both Palmer and O'Hare for him to get a spot in that midfield.

Terry_dactyl

Now you've just devolved into insulting me.

The bottom line is Eccles simply doesn't have the technical abilities - range of passing, vision, close control that Gus used to completely orchestrate our play in possession last season. We will be a worse team overall with him playing in that position.
We will be worse in midfield due to Hamer’s absence…which is not same as Eccles not being good enough.

Regardless of how he got in the team, he was integral part of the side. He is also getting better and better.

higgs

Now you've just devolved into insulting me.

The bottom line is Eccles simply doesn't have the technical abilities - range of passing, vision, close control that Gus used to completely orchestrate our play in possession last season. We will be a worse team overall with him playing in that position.
Gus was a 15 million player we haven't had too many of them down through the years

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

skybluecam

Gus was a 15 million player we haven't had too many of them down through the years

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
He was a ~1.5m player when we bought him. Which is what we must do again, although this time we could spend 5-10m.

We have to do what we did with the Vik money. Go out and spend decently on a replacement or two.

Nuskyblue

Hamer definitely needs to be replaced, doesn't mean that Eccles is a bad player at all, he's just not Hamer... I happen to think Eccles has it in him to play as an 8 he has the attributes. However any CM we bring in would have to be an improvement on what we have which would mean someone becoming second fiddle which probably would be Eccles you would have to think.

skybluecam

Hamer definitely needs to be replaced, doesn't mean that Eccles is a bad player at all, he's just not Hamer... I happen to think Eccles has it in him to play as an 8 he has the attributes. However any CM we bring in would have to be an improvement on what we have which would mean someone becoming second fiddle which probably would be Eccles you would have to think.
Exactly!

I've never said that Eccles is a bad player, just that we need to replace Hamer and that will naturally lead to Eccles dropping back to being a bench/squad player for the most part.

Apparently that's sacrilege round here...

Martin180

Your overreacting. He isn't saying anything bad.
He isn't saying a lot of good either ?
He insists Eccles isn't a first team player despite his form last season and his brilliant start to this one as well .
No one has suggested Eccles is Gus or can replace Gus but hes obsessed with that line of reasoning
I'm 51 and can happily debate with other fans of this club and others but fans who've already made their minds up about players bore me . You say overreacting I say not interested in wasting time that that type of "fan"

Hertsccfc

Exactly!

I've never said that Eccles is a bad player, just that we need to replace Hamer and that will naturally lead to Eccles dropping back to being a bench/squad player for the most part.

No one in their right mind would argue we don't need to replace Hamer and that Eccles isn't as good as Hamer. Hamer is the best player we have had outside the Premier League. But that doesn't mean Eccles isn't good enough or a talented Championship player. And it doesn't necessarily mean he will drop out of the side.

Hertsccfc

Exactly!

No one in their right mind would argue we don't need to replace Hamer and that Eccles isn't as good as Hamer. Hamer is the best player we have had outside the Premier League. But that doesn't mean Eccles isn't good enough or a talented Championship player. And it doesn't necessarily mean he will drop out of the side.

Brighton Sky Blue

covcity4life

He isn't saying a lot of good either ?
He insists Eccles isn't a first team player despite his form last season and his brilliant start to this one as well .
No one has suggested Eccles is Gus or can replace Gus but hes obsessed with that line of reasoning
I'm 51 and can happily debate with other fans of this club and others but fans who've already made their minds up about players bore me . You say overreacting I say not interested in wasting time that that type of "fan"
But your being just as bad if anyone isn't as positive as you about a player.

He is saying we need a hamer replacement and that if we get one it will probably be eccles who drops out of the first 11

That's probably true isn't it? If your honest?

Eccles is a good player and playing superb this season but doesn't mean he has same skillset as Gus. And sheaf prob would get in first 11 ahead of him still I imagine.

He might be being too down on Eccles perhaps but I think he acknowledges that he is a good player . I think he is a squad player myself and too early to say he's a bonafide starter.

Martin180

But your being just as bad if anyone isn't as positive as you about a player.

He is saying we need a hamer replacement and that if we get one it will probably be eccles who drops out of the first 11

That's probably true isn't it? If your honest?

Eccles is a good player and playing superb this season but doesn't mean he has same skillset as Gus. And sheaf prob would get in first 11 ahead of him still I imagine.

He might be being too down on Eccles perhaps but I think he acknowledges that he is a good player . I think he is a squad player myself and too early to say he's a bonafide starter.
Come on he's saying he isn't technical enough despite playing two roles more than adequately among others slights on his ability
I agree he isn't Gus or ever likely will be but he's a damn fine championship midfielder

covcity4life

Come on he's saying he isn't technical enough despite playing two roles more than adequately among others slights on his ability
I agree he isn't Gus or ever likely will be but he's a damn fine championship midfielder
By tehcnical he probably means the though balls and long balls. Something we haven't seen form Eccles. He might be capable of it but we ain't seen it yet.

covcity4life

Show me one post where I've hated on Palmer ?
Jeez there are some helmets on here today
read the post again I've added ironic quote marks.

You are getting on the posters back as if he hates Eccles when he doesn't. I am just saying you do the same to Palmer.(but you don't hate him right)

But you say you don't want to converse with a fan like that?

Users who are viewing this thread