Transfer targets (20 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wouldn't want Armstrong, don't get the obsession

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I have a bit of a thing against bringing old players back generally, but you have to say 28 goals in his last Championship season two years ago is very impressive. I've got no doubts it would never happen, but I wouldn't be throwing my toys out if it did either.

djr8369

Emeram was linked a few weeks ago
Seems a fairly solid link from the amount of outlets that reported it. You’d assume MR has a list of strikers around that level of quality that he is interested in and with our high finish last year and history of bringing on young players I’m confident we’ll land a loan of around that calibre, even if it isn’t one of the names that’s been mentioned.

Deity

Seems a fairly solid link from the amount of outlets that reported it. You’d assume MR has a list of strikers around that level of quality that he is interested in and with our high finish last year and history of bringing on young players I’m confident we’ll land a loan of around that calibre, even if it isn’t one of the names that’s been mentioned.
Another wide right player

ptr

Not good to hear Awe going somewhere else. The rumours of a fall out between Robins and King must be true. Signing players we’ve never heard of (bar Ellis Simms - Everton reject) and selling our star striker for Euros not pounds. No wonder Billy Sharp doesn’t want to join us. Woeful summer.

fatso

While Awe was being touted on here, Robins sneaked in the back door and snapped up Lois Binks, time will tell who’s the best.
Except we haven't announced Luis Binks as yet, it could all be an evil wind up in the Gimoc style!!!

mmttww

Would be a Hurquel-ean effort
mr t dancing GIF

Tea & Busquets

Free players we should realistically be looking at: Josh Maja, Jack Whatmough, Di’shon Bernard, Noah Diliberto, Han-Noah Massengo, Adam Forshaw, Saman Ghoddos. Some of these already mentioned.

Hoofhearted

You do realise that Armstrong is nothing like
Simms don't you?

I'd have Armstrong back in a heartbeat, he'd be devastating in this league alongside a powerful target man like Simms.

Unfortunately I fear he would be well out of our price range.
You do realise that both of them are goalscorers by trade, just because Simms is tall and Armstrong is short doesn't mean they would work together. I don't get this love in with ex players.

Martin180

You do realise that Armstrong is nothing like
Simms don't you?

I'd have Armstrong back in a heartbeat, he'd be devastating in this league alongside a powerful target man like Simms.

Unfortunately I fear he would be well out of our price range.
I would much prefer a younger , hungry player from abroad or loanee than someone on a big wage . Doesn't seem to be part of our plan

fatso

You do realise that both of them are goalscorers by trade, just because Simms is tall and Armstrong is short doesn't mean they would work together. I don't get this love in with ex players.
There's no love in, just an acceptance that he is top quality at this level.
If you don't think they could work together your out of your mind.

But don't worry, Armstrong is way out of our price range, and wage structure.

San Francisco

Think we'll have two more in by the time we play Leicester. A CB such as Whatmough and a striker such as Dragus.

Then I think the 4 more to complete the 10 will be:
A striker on loan
A loan AM
A permanent CM (Kelly/Allen replacement to develop)
A very young defender to pad out the U21s

All in by the end of August.

Hoofhearted

Put it this way, next Sunday afternoon when the games finished, let's revisit this thread and we can have a little read through.
I'll leave it there for now.
Ok genius, so I'm guessing in your Crystal ball Armstrong is gonna score an opening day hat trick. I'm not saying Armstrong is a bad player but I am saying sticking 2 goalscorers up front don't always work! But what do I know, nothing compared to the oracle that is fatso 🤣

Frostie

I wouldn't have Armstrong back here now. His goal tally was obviously incredible but that was built around him being the focal point of the attack, often to the detriment of the team. The amount of shots he would take when others would be in a better position etc.

Below link is what I said 2 years ago, before his Prem transfer. It was pretty obvious to many at the time that the Southampton move was never likely to succeed.

⬇️

Post in thread '21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread' 21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread

Telfer85

Odd the whole McNally situation. Apparently he’s going to Ipswich permanently
Strange you can imagine he wanted to come back here. Can only think burnley were asking for more than what we thought he was worth. Robins did make a point of saying that we would not be overspending on players.

Skybluedownunder

Never likely for us, Burnley were always going to say to us the only way we could get him was by selling them Hamer.

They are probably bitter that they tried to sign three of our players and failed signing any of them.
They seem to have a habit of low balling clubs, in our old regime that might have worked but Doug is standing his ground which I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

They sold us Thomas so don’t really understand that argument

They probably looked at the Thomas sale as £2m is good business. Didn’t really hear him linked elsewhere and they have a lot of centre backs, I think we paid a premium there personally, he’d have likely have gone cheaper elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Also take into account Robins might see those he has bought and any others possibly on his list as better players long term, I like McNally a lot but Robins is paid to makes these types of decisions I’m sure if MR really wanted him he would have paid out for him….Still might.

Deity

I wouldn't have Armstrong back here now. His goal tally was obviously incredible but that was built around him being the focal point of the attack, often to the detriment of the team. The amount of shots he would take when others would be in a better position etc.

Below link is what I said 2 years ago, before his Prem transfer. It was pretty obvious to many at the time that the Southampton move was never likely to succeed.

⬇️

Post in thread '21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread' 21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread
Armstrong would compliment Simms nicely. It won’t happen but her score goals in our team.

he’s struggled in a poor team in the worlds best league but the Championship is a totally different kettle of fish.

Users who are viewing this thread