Transfer Shouts (7 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

Harvey Vale gone to Hull, along with three other decent looking signings.
How the fuck did Hull get to be more attractive to players than us?
oh yeah, all the bollocks off-field and no money for wages.
But I mean, fucking Hull!!
dont sweat about it! FFP kicks in and they will be scrambling to get the high earners off the payrole if they are struggling come january

SeaSeeEffCee

Harvey Vale gone to Hull, along with three other decent looking signings.
How the fuck did Hull get to be more attractive to players than us?
oh yeah, all the bollocks off-field and no money for wages.
But I mean, fucking Hull!!
Hull have been in the Premier League on three seperate occasion in the past 15 years, made the FA Cup final 8 years ago and played in Europe. Most of our first team were between 4-7 years old when we played played a Premier League game.

WestEndAgro

I wasn't a massive Maatsen fan but he certainly ran with the ball a lot more than Bidwell is willing to. Bidwell has been ok so far this season but still don't think he's a wing back

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Maatsen went forward with the ball, then 9 times out of 10 rolled an easy ball backwards.

Brighton Sky Blue

Danny Rose is available on a free, not sure how much he has played recently but I wouldn’t be adverse to getting him in if wages weren’t ridiculous.

Neil Taylor would be a better shout if we're going down that route. But either way kind of irrelevant, we're so skint we've clearly sold Believer and Better Days to the Blackburn forum

Brighton Sky Blue

Liam Walsh top of Robins list of signings apparently. Decent replacement when for Hamer joins Rangers.
I'd heard Michael Morrison was the McF replacement, just recently recovered from his ACL early last year. 6 month pay as you play.

Hobo

Rowe gone on loan to Falkirk

Cata

Dreamland list:

Kelly out - Sawyers in
Rose out - Ostigard in
Shipley/Hilssner/Dacosta/Jones/waghorn/walker out
JCS in
Jed Wallace
Maatson on loan
Another LWB - Really like Toffolo at hudders, but they might be getting promoted
1 new striker in - Broadhead?
Shipley and Jones have already gone!

junglej13

Wonder if there is any hope we could go back in for that Marco Rente. There seems to be an article this week about the collapsed transfer but it's behind a paywall

rexo87

Wonder if there is any hope we could go back in for that Marco Rente. There seems to be an article this week about the collapsed transfer but it's behind a paywall
Someone knows how to remove the paywall - do your thing whoever you are

shmmeee

p
Someone knows how to remove the paywall - do your thing whoever you are

Tried but no dice. Archive just gets the preview and 12ft doesn’t work at all. Mostly it seems to be an article about how he’s bounced back after the disappointment of his transfer falling through.

slowpoke

I think though Robins wants four players to go straight into the first team I’m not sure if Rente can do that looks like he’s not played many games for Hercules.

Brighton Sky Blue

Half will do for a start, we can make the rest up.
On it

'Footballer Marco Rente was already getting used to being a Coventry City player, but then he received a crushing phone call. How the man from Herkelsdorf is finding getting back to his old strengths at Heracles after a crazy low point.

Review: The relegation of Heracles from the top Dutch league had made the former Siegen and Erndtebruck player feel low, ‘3 games before the end of the season we had a 7 point advantage. Nobody had even considered that we could go down. Then everything unfortunate just came at once. When relegation happened it was the worst moment of my career.’, Rente reflects on this difficult time after the ‘knock out’ by Excelsior in the play offs. ‘That was very hard to cope with, because I had much to thank the club for and we as a team couldn’t justify what happened’.

Very good stats for Rente

From a personal standpoint the season had generally been satisfactory. The 25 year old was the undisputed top player in important statistics in the Eredivisie, for example topping the table for ball recoveries. The good achievements of a defensive player strong in duels were not oblivious to other clubs, which led to more and more offers for Rente. ‘Separately from the relegation I wanted to change clubs. I felt ready for the next challenge.’ However the signs soon changed with management personnel changes at Heracles. In essence, this meant that previous agreements were voided and had to be renegotiated.

With Coventry City everything was clear

In several cases transfers for Rente fell through, but then Coventry City, a strong second tier English club, were ready and had the financial means to meet Heracles’ demands. ‘Everything was clear. The clubs agreed terms on the transfer and I had already said farewell to my teammates and the coaching staff. Then I flew to Coventry for the medical, talked to the manager and visited the ground.’, said Rente, who was looking forward to playing for the ‘Sky Blues’.

Bad news next morning

The next morning however Rente received a crushing phone call. The FA had ruled him ineligible to play. Background: Since Brexit, there has been a complex points system for professional athletes, according to which the players get an English work permit-or not, for Marco. He was however not the only one who was blocked by the FA at a late moment: Justin Kluivert was prohibited from moving from Roma to Fulham for the same reasons.

What now?

The news of the FA veto felt like a punch in the gut for Rente. ‘I sat at the breakfast table for 3 hours and didn’t know what to do.’ What now? The question haunted the man from Herkersdorf after his bad news. The only way out was back to Heracles, where Rente still had a contract. ‘I’d be lying if it hadn’t been very awkward for me to return’, admits Rente, who was quickly relieved of these big concerns. ‘The players and staff welcomed me back warmly, it wasn’t a problem.’, said the player from Altenkirchen district, who was pleased that his re-arrival was easier than expected.

First subs’ bench, then undisputed first teamer

Nevertheless, Rente had to sit on the bench in the first games of this season. ‘In light of what happened, I fully understood the decision by those responsible, although I tried from the start to prove to them again that I was fully switched on. It was only a question of time before I was back in the first team.’ After several weeks it was so: Rente got his chance and has since become a regular, albeit in the unusual right back position for him.

Marco Rente plans his personal future

And where does he see his own future? ‘My contract runs out at the end of the season, the club can still use the option to extend it an extra year. I feel like I will probably be here. The atmosphere in the club is very good, due to this season’s success. That’s why I take it in my stride, and then we’ll see whether I go elsewhere or stay here.’, says Rente, who does not hide the appeal of a move to a top 5 European league. But please, without bankruptcies, bad luck, and transfers that fall through...'

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Apparently there's a few clubs scrambling for Villa's Cameron Archer. Weren't we keen on him last Jan?

Users who are viewing this thread