Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

Grendel

Depressing tones on here are OTT.

As it stands nobody has gone. Palmer will be a good addition, but granted it’s embarrassing he’s not fit.

Panzo is still early days but certainly reasons to be hopeful that he’s better than a very average JCS.

Maatsen is a loss but maybe there’s signs Bidwell is finding form.

We are weak depth wise in midfield, but equally we have Kelly and COH out, Palmer not fit and Hamer suspended. Most squads would struggle if four of their first team midfielders were out. It’s also been exacerbated by Eccles poor start to the season.

Saying all that, if we lost Gyokeres I would be fearing a tough season ahead (still not relegation fears though). Unless of course he went for silly money and we got to reinvest it.

I’d love to know the logic how with certainty palmer will be a good addition

Given our limited resources the signing seems totally bizarre.

He’d turned down Cardiff as he wanted to stay on a lucrative contract so on a wage outlay He’s not at all cheap. He’s high risk and we are in a situation where you have to question if a high risk signing is what we need

KenilworthSkyBlue

I’d love to know the logic how with certainty palmer will be a good addition

Given our limited resources the signing seems totally bizarre.

He’d turned down Cardiff as he wanted to stay on a lucrative contract so on a wage outlay He’s not at all cheap. He’s high risk and we are in a situation where you have to question if a high risk signing is what we need

For all his merits, utilisation of budget has been one of Robin's faults during his time here.

The club has one of the more modest budgets in the league and really when you look at the contracts offered to both existing and new players, certainly over the past 3 years, it's managed poorly at times.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

On course for the worst window since MR rejoined

Our defence, the weakest area, is now going to be even weaker than last year as things stand.

The midfield I guess is the same, but the attacking contingent has been crying out for some end product, and we sign Palmer. I have said for a while that this signing seems really odd, and now the window is about to close it looks even more strange. It isn't anywhere near as barmy as Bright, but still pretty desperate. Our only permanent senior signing as well.

Notice the people posting the panic GIF and jumping on those being cautious about signing Palmer have gone about as quiet as the Wasps apologists.

Terry_dactyl

Our defence, the weakest area, is now going to be even weaker than last year as things stand.

The midfield I guess is the same, but the attacking contingent has been crying out for some end product, and we sign Palmer. I have said for a while that this signing seems really odd, and now the window is about to close it looks even more strange. It isn't anywhere near as barmy as Bright, but still pretty desperate. Our only permanent senior signing as well.

Notice the people posting the panic GIF and jumping on those being cautious about signing Palmer have gone about as quiet as the Wasps apologists.
Remind me…how many games have we played this season?

Dions Dong

Only our club could destroy upward momentum so spectacularly after a decent season last year and record season ticket sales. Just wait for the inevitable Vik sale on deadline day and then a last minute rushed unproven loan prem striker (plange) as a replacement …

Brighton Sky Blue

You can't write off Palmer this early on. But we're selling a player not for footballing reasons but because we're desperate for short term cash.

Already 3 games behind the rest of the league giving us an absurd fixture pile up for months.

O'Hare out till at the very earliest some point in October.

Hamer already racking up cards like it's Christmas.

Awful goals being given away this time thanks to a previously reliable keeper.

Manager has clearly lost patience with the off field problems.

Previously I'd predicted 12th with O'Hare and 16th without him-with how things are going I'd take 21st.

Brighton Sky Blue

For all his merits, utilisation of budget has been one of Robin's faults during his time here.

The club has one of the more modest budgets in the league and really when you look at the contracts offered to both existing and new players, certainly over the past 3 years, it's managed poorly at times.

Huddersfield signed Rudoni for less than £1 million. The cost of Palmer across his whole contract will probably come to more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hmmm. On paper, losing Hyam wouldn't be so bad, but he has played just about every game, been generally reliable, and has shown himself happy to adapt.

Could be a bigger loss than we think, even more so if we get another teenage loanee in to replace him!

I suspect G is right in suggesting no defensive replacement would be signed.

Samo

It was only last season the message from the club was we were moving away from loans

And only last season the message was 'incremental progression' and now its 'we hit a ceiling last year' and can't compete.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The constant questioning (not just by you) of Palmer as a signing. He hasn’t played…but neither have we.
You can't write off Palmer this early on. But we're selling a player not for footballing reasons but because we're desperate for short term cash.

Already 3 games behind the rest of the league giving us an absurd fixture pile up for months.

O'Hare out till at the very earliest some point in October.

Hamer already racking up cards like it's Christmas.

Awful goals being given away this time thanks to a previously reliable keeper.

Manager has clearly lost patience with the off field problems.

Previously I'd predicted 12th with O'Hare and 16th without him-with how things are going I'd take 21st.

You can't write a player off, that's right. I have said previously that if anyone can get something out of him it'll be our management team, but after being an accessory to pretty much every team he has played for in the Championship over the last six seasons, he is more or less starting here on minus 1. It concerns me that it still doesn't look like he is ready to play more than a cameo.

He is also our only senior permanent signing and unquestionably on high wages, so I am concerned with our transfer business in general, and his role within it. Kane has reappeared from the dead (back following protocol - what does that mean?), Walker and Waghorn couldn't be moved on. It is just all a bit depressing.

A win would really help boost some positivity for everyone I think, even Robins sounded pretty horizontal in the pre-match interview.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can't write a player off, that's right. I have said previously that if anyone can get something out of him it'll be our management team, but after being an accessory to pretty much every team he has played for in the Championship over the last six seasons, he is more or less starting here on minus 1. It concerns me that it still doesn't look like he is ready to play more than a cameo.

He is also our only senior permanent signing and unquestionably on high wages, so I am concerned with our transfer business in general, and his role within it.

A win would really help boost some positivity for everyone I think, even Robins sounded pretty horizontal in the pre-match interview.

Going to all of the 3 games in the coming week and I think 4 points would be a good return. Can't see anything from Norwich, Hull have actually spent money and PNE are as infamous a bogey side as they come. September looks generally hard fixture wise and with us already behind on the fixture list I'm not convinced we're getting out of the bottom 3 any time soon and that causes morale issues on its own.

It's quite incredible how the optimism from last season has been pretty much completely erased not even a month into the season.

Matt smith

Going to all of the 3 games in the coming week and I think 4 points would be a good return. Can't see anything from Norwich, Hull have actually spent money and PNE are as infamous a bogey side as they come. September looks generally hard fixture wise and with us already behind on the fixture list I'm not convinced we're getting out of the bottom 3 any time soon and that causes morale issues on its own.

It's quite incredible how the optimism from last season has been pretty much completely erased not even a month into the season.
I honestly would snap your hand off for 21st

Mcbean

Trouble is with one going it makes the others question what they should be doing cue calls to one’s agent saying wtf are you doing for your commission particularly when we haven’t really kicked a ball ( one draw one loss excepting )

Users who are viewing this thread