Transfer Shouts (11 Viewers)

Grendel

The blokes pretty despetate tbh.

giphy.gif

Jesse Carver

Charly Musonda please

There's an article in the Athletic a few years back where Viveash sings his praises:-

Adi Viveash worked with him for five years, firstly as his under-18 coach and then when he was in charge of the under-21s.

Viveash tells The Athletic: “When he was recruited, arguably at the time he was the best under-16 in world football, not just in Europe. You’re talking about a special talent.

“I remember I was doing some of my coaching badges and Osian Roberts, the technical director on one of my ‘A’ Licence courses, told me that Wales had played against Belgium in the under-16s when Musonda was there and it was the best performance at that level he had ever seen at that age. He just said Charly controlled the game and was unplayable.

“We had to do a lot of work with him, probably more off the field than on it because when you’re as good as he was, it is more about honing how you play. Mainly it was him understanding the English culture.

“For Charly, he’d come from a club where he was probably the biggest fish and suddenly he was with a group of outstanding youngsters. I think first of all he found that to be quite a challenge to really fit in. We were trying to get him to feel part of the team, rather than just be an individual.

“But within six months he was an integral part of the group and was very popular in the dressing room. I just felt he was on a pathway to success. I felt he was one of six players that were destined to play for Chelsea’s first team.”

When Steve Holland, then assistant manager, would ring asking for junior players to be sent over to fill in for absent squad members, Musonda’s name would be one of those Viveash would put forward.

mark82

Interesting thread. Sounds another Bright Enobackhare. Been bitten once so not again please.

Musonda? Not sure he's a Bright. Just an incredibly talented young kid that's had an horrendous injury that has stopped him progressing. He's a risk in that you don't really know what he can be now, or whether he'll break down, but not sure it's fair to label him another Bright.

(Or was this about Otasowie who has also been mentioned, which is probably a fair comparison!)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Musonda? Not sure he's a Bright. Just an incredibly talented young kid that's had an horrendous injury that has stopped him progressing. He's a risk in that you don't really know what he can be now, or whether he'll break down, but not sure it's fair to label him another Bright.

(Or was this about Otasowie who has also been mentioned, which is probably a fair comparison!)
Musonda is said to have a good attitude so I assume he may be on about Otasowie

shmmeee

Can’t see Mosunda dropping to our level, or our wage structure, but would happily trust Adi to get the best if he did.

mark82

Can’t see Mosunda dropping to our level, or our wage structure, but would happily trust Adi to get the best if he did.

He's an interesting one really. I've seen reports of Roma being interested, but it's a bit of a Jodi Jones situation where he just needs to go to somewhere he can play and work his way back. If he goes somewhere like Roma and doesn't play that could be it for him. Doubt he'd come here though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So what I can gather from the last page or so, two of the signings being floated are replicas of Jodi Jones and Bright Enobakhare, with injury and attitude problems amok.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread