Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

procdoc

How about that Philip Zinckernagel on loan?Not sure if he will be in Watfords plans next year although I imagine Forest might want him permanently. I’m just chatting shit to be honest!

procdoc

On a side note, why is everyone suddenly an expert on the Dutch league?! I only know about 5 Ajax players at a push!

Frostie

Not just him, he went on loan to Swansea under Steve Cooper who is a great believer in young players and only started two games.

Oh totally, and he's really struggled to nail down regular game time anywhere in the last few years & obviously has some issues. I'm just saying I can see him as someone we would look at.

David O'Day

I’ve not seen this anywhere. Can you share it with the rest of us?

There was a piece on a website that said Celtic should replace Tom Rogic with Hamer but it was just some ones opinion

Also Rogic is an attacking 10/8 and Hamer is a 6 so they aren't even the same kind of player

Deity

Romaine Sawyers, released by West Brom.

I rated him early in his career but seems to have stagnated recently …. Very comfortable on the ball not sure he has the work rate for our style of play. Thoughts ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Da Costa started a couple of games for his Portuguese team on loan hopefully they haven’t been to put off and we can get rid of him too

slowpoke

I believe Waghorn has a year left on his contract think he will stay atleast till the January window, unless we can get a fee for him which i doubt.

Legia Sky Blue

I believe Waghorn has a year left on his contract think he will stay atleast till the January window, unless we can get a fee for him which i doubt.

We definitely won't get a fee for him. I should think we'd happily give him away for free if there were any takers. Unlikely to be any that will be happy to take on his wages though, so the best we might do is cover a small percentage of his wages to whoever he would move onto. My gut feeling is that he will still be with us come the start of the season.

Deity

We definitely won't get a fee for him. I should think we'd happily give him away for free if there were any takers. Unlikely to be any that will be happy to take on his wages though, so the best we might do is cover a small percentage of his wages to whoever he would move onto. My gut feeling is that he will still be with us come the start of the season.
I think it will also depend on whether Gyk stays, whether Walker can be moved on, and the quality of the new forward he wants to bring in.

Like Kelly I sense Waggy wants to play and sitting on the bench every week won’t be the way he wants to spend next season.

Legia Sky Blue

I think it will also depend on whether Gyk stays, whether Walker can be moved on, and the quality of the new forward he wants to bring in.

Like Kelly I sense Waggy wants to play and sitting on the bench every week won’t be the way he wants to spend next season.

Maybe not, but will he be willing to take a big loss in wages to order to play elsewhere? Professionally of course he will want to play week in week out, but the advice and guidance he gets from his agent and family might be otherwise.

Last edited:

Deity

I don't personally think we should be giving up on Waghorn. He looked ok at the start of the season and then had Covid and was in and out.

I'd hope that we see a huge step forward in his performances next season.
He reads the game well and has good movement but his mobility has totally deserted him. I think we have Godden for that type of striker. Id personally like a lighting quick front man to offer a different option to big Vik and Godden

shmmeee

We also need a larger and more experienced first team squad for match days next season looks like it’s five subs I’m not sure if it’s seven or eight named for the bench. I’d keep Waghorn.

It’s five from nine next season IIRC.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I don't personally think we should be giving up on Waghorn. He looked ok at the start of the season and then had Covid and was in and out.

I'd hope that we see a huge step forward in his performances next season.

Depends on what his view is. I can't imagine he's overly enthused with the lack of game time he's received. Assuming the latter isn't sold Godden and Gyokeres are automatically in front of him in the pecking order.

So if it's possible to move him out on loan then it's a no brainer to do that, as there just isn't any sense in keeping a high earner if he's going to be 3rd choice.

Tea & Busquets

Have you seen Alex Bangura play because Ive heard he is a rapid LB who is also relatively strong and stands at 6ft, someone you’d like to see here? 22 years old (I believe) plays for Cambuur
Yes he was one of Cambuur’s better performers this season. While not the best technically, he’s lightning quick and strong as well, not to mention he’s only 22 and fits our signing philosophy. He would command a decent fee i’d imagine as his contract is till 2023.

Tomh111

He reads the game well and has good movement but his mobility has totally deserted him. I think we have Godden for that type of striker. Id personally like a lighting quick front man to offer a different option to big Vik and Godden

I think he offers something different to godden, personally.

Waghorn drops for deeper and looks to link, Godden tries to get into the box and run channels.

I agree regarding pace to an extent, but I'm not entirely sure it's up front that we need it. I think we need more pace at wing back, as ultimately that provides our width.

CovLad94

I think he offers something different to godden, personally.

Waghorn drops for deeper and looks to link, Godden tries to get into the box and run channels.

I agree regarding pace to an extent, but I'm not entirely sure it's up front that we need it. I think we need more pace at wing back, as ultimately that provides our width.
I agree, need pace and power in the channels, dabo offers it to a certain degree but hasn't been fit for a while, todd kane offers neither

Users who are viewing this thread