Transfer Shouts (10 Viewers)

CovLad94

Seriously worried about this summer window

very very concerned with how things are looking
I'm not worrying yet, still early days, alot of clubs still not signed anyone yet, we don't usually announce signings year on year until 1 July, would expect next week for them to drop as the squad will report back, easier to do everything then I suppose.

Skybluebeliever

Just been sent a message by a Bristol city mate that the Palmer deal has fallen through?
Couldn’t agree on wages.
Can skybluebeliever or better days have any knowledge of this?
It is done

JCS has been looking for a large signing on fee plus decent salary , so who ever is prepared to pay it he will go too , we have been there as a back up if this doesn’t happen

Sky Blue Harry H

It is done

JCS has been looking for a large signing on fee plus decent salary , so who ever is prepared to pay it he will go too , we have been there as a back up if this doesn’t happen

If that's the case, good luck to him. I've said elsewhere, decent player, but I think he has a slight lack of pace that has not helped him on the injury front. Think we may have dodged a bullet there.

fernandopartridge

It is done

Lines to take

If he doesn't sign for us:

What a greedy bastard, paid a PL wage for playing anywhere but for 7 years yet still wants a hefty signing on fee! Wants London weighting as well I heard.

If he does sign for us:

Good value for money getting a player of his class for a relatively small signing on fee (compared to equivalent transfer fee). He's taken a wage cut as well to be fair to him.

Sky Blue Harry H

Doesn’t fill you with confidence though does it

He's on the crest of a wave, and no doubt will have suitors. However, the club hold the advantage of having him tied down for 2 years, so unless anybody comes along with silly money (15m plus) that enables us to strengthen , then we can tell them to do one. i don't want him to be sold, but it wouldn't take long to go back 12 months and find a thread, where a lot on here were grumbling about us wasting money on his purchase.

SeaSeeEffCee

I’m sure there is a centre back sitting around in Preston or Cardiff’s reserves that played 3 games last season who we could bring in on the cheap!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

With JCS joining QPR we should be looking at Dion Sanderson at Wolves, he was the best player on the pitch against us at the Ricoh for Birmingham he had Vik in his pocket all game!

David O'Day

Doesn’t fill you with confidence though does it

You going to be like this all fucking summer mate?

Reading bollocks to textbook neutral footballers replies

I'm imagining you this summer being like

"so Callum you had a good game" "yes, I am enjoying my football right now"

"HE DIDN@T SAY HE WAS PLAYING FOR EVER FOR COV IDST! HE'S LEAVING!!!!!"

Cobi Jones's Dreads

He’s a head it and kick it centre half, wouldn’t suit the way we want to play

Although not as cultured as JCS first and foremost he’s a good defender. I’m sure Wolves wouldn’t have signed him and QPR on loan last year if he was just a lump at the back with no ability.

Liquid Gold

I hate the idea of JCS having us in his back pocket incase he didn't get what he wanted.

Whenever that happens I'd like the club to be working hard on another option and pull the deal on the greedy player.

David O'Day

I hate the idea of JCS having us in his back pocket incase he didn't get what he wanted.

Whenever that happens I'd like the club to be working hard on another option and pull the deal on the greedy player.

Yeah, I'm quite glad he went to a weird club in west london now.

Not for me

Dions Dong

Fuck me the hysteria on here is laughable, we haven’t done any business yet but ofcourse the doom and gloom merchants are out in full force already. Some of the “supporters” of this club are a disgrace.

Liquid Gold

Fuck me the hysteria on here is laughable, we haven’t done any business yet but ofcourse the doom and gloom merchants are out in full force already. Some of the “supporters” of this club are a disgrace.
There are more people complaining about people complaining then there are people complaining about our activity

KenilworthSkyBlue

If that's the case, good luck to him. I've said elsewhere, decent player, but I think he has a slight lack of pace that has not helped him on the injury front. Think we may have dodged a bullet there.

I have to say I agree. He's a good CB at this level but his injury record is dreadful and his signing-on fee/salary demands will automatically put him as one of our highest earners. Not a great mix.

In some ways I hope we don't sign him.

Mucca Mad Boys

So to be clear, after a season where a small squad cost us, and in a season where five subs are allowed, we’re cutting the squad size by not replacing Maatsen, Pask, Drysdale, Shipley, etc?

Just three signings on frees?

What the hell has happened with finances at the club? Record ticket sales and we’ve got less to spend than the last two seasons?

Signing someone like Palmer would be worth the wages of 3-4 (at least) Drysdale and Pask. Besides, I think only Pask made a single appearance last season.

The focus this off-season has got to be bringing in 3-4 starting quality players. Operating on a small squad has been effective for us so far. It’s not ideal, but we have to be resourceful.

Terry Gibson's perm

Signing someone like Palmer would be worth the wages of 3-4 (at least) Drysdale and Pask. Besides, I think only Pask made a single appearance last season.

The focus this off-season has got to be bringing in 3-4 starting quality players. Operating on a small squad has been effective for us so far. It’s not ideal, but we have to be resourceful.

I agree I would rather have a smaller stronger squad than one with players like Bremang who are never going to threaten the first team squad let alone the first team.

fatso

I'm sure MR will have other left sided centre halves in mind, and we could play Bidwell or Sheaf in the back 3.
It's hardly the end of the world if a player who clearly wasn't 100% committed to CCFC signs for someone else.

Skybluebeliever

Are you aware of any other centre backs we are considering?
I’m not aware of foreign targets , I think we are looking at young centre backs who belong to premier league teams that have been on loan previously , the problem with loans from premier league they normally happen at the end of the window

I think there was only ever going to be 4 perhaps 5 players coming in , MR was only given the wages he could free up

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m not aware of foreign targets , I think we are looking at young centre backs who belong to premier league teams that have been on loan previously , the problem with loans from premier league they normally happen at the end of the window

I think there was only ever going to be 4 perhaps 5 players coming in , MR was only given the wages he could free up

So the record ST sales were pretty meaningless then

Users who are viewing this thread