Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

HuckerbysQuiff

My worry is as the transfer window shrinks week by week there’s we could say conveniently less time to reinvest, why not buy first then sell

As a model buy first sell later has its risk (as does vice versa), what happens when there’s little to no interest in players. All of a sudden you’ll be looking for cut price deals as we’ve done for years previous. The current state is we’re happy to keep them unless acceptable bid comes in, that in turn may stifle any incoming activity.

Although Robins has changed stance/wording around squad size, think we’ll be relying on frees, small fees & loans. I’ll be surprised if we end the summer spending anywhere near same as last year, unless someone is sold.

HuckerbysQuiff

Burnley have sort of become a flavour of the month club since the arrival of Vince Kompany as manager great player but I think could find the championship tough it’s possibly the toughest division in football.

Kompany didn't set world on fire in Belgium, he took step back at first to playing again as he struggled with transition. Burnley may have gone for his name/links before his experience to manage/coach etc; many fail in this league. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out for him.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I find it funny how 2 of the players I’ve suggested are actually realistic and now apparently we are in the running to sign them (buchanan and hector) or its places reading on here putting things together and guessing

HuckerbysQuiff

Nothing to suggest it’s Buchanan doing the rounds, other then bit of hot air it’s been given. Most reliables from press etc are pointing to the Palace left back, although numerous clubs interested

Grendel

Don’t mind anyone hating on the club for the many many mistakes they’ve made but hate the cynicism when they try and do the right thing. So annoying

What’s doing the right thing? Have they sold up?

Tomh111

I understand O'Hare going to Fulham or Southampton, but not Burnley.

Kompany is trying to completely change the style of football at the club, didn't do a great job in Belgium and teams coming down don't always have the best record going straight back up.

Its a huge gamble, obviously it depends on how much they plan on paying him etc.

Personally I would hold out for another offer, at a team who are better known for playing nice football etc

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I understand O'Hare going to Fulham or Southampton, but not Burnley.

Kompany is trying to completely change the style of football at the club, didn't do a great job in Belgium and teams coming down don't always have the best record going straight back up.

Its a huge gamble, obviously it depends on how much they plan on paying him etc.

Personally I would hold out for another offer, at a team who are better known for playing nice football etc
If they offer the right money its down to the player to decide, its obviously a mismatch but you never know what could happen as Kompany transforms Burnley

SeaSeeEffCee

So from what the ITKs have said the situation is basically that we need to sell someone this summer, and first we tried to shift Hamer, with no-one meeting our valuation so now we might have to sell O’Hare instead?

skybluegod

This is the origin of the rumour:

“Worked with Viveash at Chelsea” he joined as a 23 year old, Transfermrkt says he never played a game for Chelsea U23s. Must try harder

Joined in 2016 and then spent 2016-17 out on loan before Adi left... It really is just lazy rumour mill 🤣

CovLad94

Should be interesting to see who the 1 is that's done, should be announced next week at some point, I wonder if they'll be going to Spain with the rest of the team

Terry Gibson's perm

You know what I mean. Sisu and boddy seem to be getting the blame

They deserve it they are there to produce the correct funds for the manager and they aren’t, the fans have bought tickets and merchandise and can’t do much more.

Blind-Faith

Would people be happy with us bagging a CB - ideally left footed - and a LWB while hanging on to what we've got?

Reading Robins' comments today, sounds like this is the plan as things stand - he mentioned two defenders.

For me, if we evolve and start using a back four in some games, that feels like enough at the back, just about.

Absolutely 👍

Sky Blue Pete

They deserve it they are there to produce the correct funds for the manager and they aren’t, the fans have bought tickets and merchandise and can’t do much more.
Sorry I agree I was whinging at the club. Not accepting lower offers and then maybe having to sell for lower come the end of the window

Users who are viewing this thread