Match Thread Tranmere Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 1st Jan (4 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

would not change a winning team just to play 2 strikers personally

we played these guys off park in game we lost, do same and i doubt that happens again

I get that. Just hope Max is fit..just don't know what Robins will do with an eye on Sundays game. Pitch will be very heavy and will play a part.

covcity4life

I get that. Just hope Max is fit..just don't know what Robins will do with an eye on Sundays game. Pitch will be very heavy and will play a part.
i would hope hes not thinking about sat. dont get me wrong i really want a good fa cup run but 3 points is more important

Londonccfcfan

i would hope hes not thinking about sat. dont get me wrong i really want a good fa cup run but 3 points is more important

Agree league is more important..but it's not about an eye about players getting enough rest to not pick up fatigue injuries sharing workload and keeping everyone chomping at the bit.

covcity4life

Agree league is more important..but it's not about an eye about players getting enough rest to not pick up fatigue injuries sharing workload and keeping everyone chomping at the bit.
as bury was called off i think they have got 1 more in them. then bring fresh players in for bristol

PurpleBin

Bit weird...City state "reserved seating. Sit where your ticket says" Fair enough but...I have no seat or row on my ticket...anyone else?

DionDublinsJockstrap

Our record at Prenton Park isn’t very good, even lost there years ago in the FA cup when we were top division side and Tranmere third or fourth, time to change that and I think we will.
First two games I ever saw. Beat Chelsea 2-1 in the league. Next week held to a draw in the cup by Tranmere of division 3. A whole lifetime of being a Sky Blue fan summarised in my first two games!

Great_Expectations

Looking forward to the game today, especially following the Wycombe game.

The pitch will be a factor, but we played passing football on an awful Ricoh pitch last year. While only a handful of players were here then, it can be done. It would also be harsh to drop anyone after Wycombe so I think he’ll start with the same team.

However, we definitely need a plan B, and for me that’s Max up front in a two with potentially a proper 10 behind them. Hopefully MR will show more flexibility and adaptability today if needed.

I can’t make it today unfortunately, so it’s iFollow for me.

0-3, Godden (2), Walsh.

usskyblue

Plan A: Score at least 3 goals
Plan B: Don't concede any goals
Plan C: er……….

We disagree on Plan B m8

vestasrender001.jpg4f727be0-cee0-45d6-b707-d056a402b43aOriginal.jpg

jordan210

Think the team pitch inspection will decided how we set up. Lets hope we can play some nice football on it.

Hoping for another 4 goals.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think using Allen and O'Hare for a good portion of the game will be useful - legs will be an issue, regardless of Tranmere having also played on 26th (when we didn't). Maybe start with the same team as Wycombe, but react early if any of our midfield look like they are struggling.

ccfchoi87

We were more direct against Wycombe and I would expect more of the same here. Don’t think he’ll opt for Max though

stevefloyd

Happy new year to all... in the great tradition of being a Cov fan just as hopes are raised they do have a knack of bringing us down to earth with a bump...lets hope we buck that tradition and push on....pleaaassseeee because we are unbeaten this year so far :)

Gibbo

First two games I ever saw. Beat Chelsea 2-1 in the league. Next week held to a draw in the cup by Tranmere of division 3. A whole lifetime of being a Sky Blue fan summarised in my first two games!
1968? We came from behind to beat Chelsea, Gerry Baker scored from an exquisite cross from the man pictured to the left. Coventry's slowest ever winger, Ernie Hannigan with the winner.
George Hudson playing for Tranmere.

Sky Blue Harry H

You might be right. Still 2 away games in 4 days. Both on pitches that aren't the best.
Might also depend on how serious we're taking the cup game as he may use that as an opportunity to rest players

The cash form a cup win plus the receipts for the potential next round will be important to the club - think Mason, O'Hare, Allen, Biamou will probably get a run out, though.

GaryJones

C67B87B2-591F-4866-9320-0932FD7841A6.jpeg Travelled to today’s game without a ticket so stuck in the home end - will be interesting to hear what the Tranmere fans think about the way we play!
As far as the pitch is concerned I have to say - it’s awful.
(I couldn’t rotate the photo)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Scrappy 2-1 win for me Godden and an O’hare screamer!!

GaryJones

On a positive note I’ve just had the best pie in the 45 years I’ve been going to watch the Sky Blues away from home - top draw!!!

Users who are viewing this thread