Match Thread Tranmere Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 1st Jan (7 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

This will be the first time I have been to Tranmere. I have just read on the Guide to Football Grounds site that there is a strict residents only parking scheme around Preston Park. Does anyone know how far this extends or have the name of a road outside the zone we could park in? Don’t mind. 20-30minute walk.
Park in Birkenhead centre in that case, walk 25 minutes

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Plan A: Score at least 3 goals
Plan B: Don't concede any goals
Plan C: er……….

Gint11

Pitch will be a leveller on this one and will affect our style. Scrappy game this. 1-0 either way. Should win this though.

Warwickhunt

Another Effin Banana skin of a game if you ask me!

SlowerThanPlatt

It has to be one of the most annoying things in football

It’s like saying Man United haven’t beaten us in 12 years - that would be because we’ve played them once in that time

jordan210

How many games is that in reality though?

10 according to their forum.

2020 sounds like a good time to change history with that.

"Them 2 tone mod/ska shirts they wore in the live game vs Rovers didnt bring them any luck...Hope they wear them again tmrw.

The same kit we destroyed the league leaders in

Grendel

10 according to their forum.

2020 sounds like a good time to change history with that.

"Them 2 tone mod/ska shirts they wore in the live game vs Rovers didnt bring them any luck...Hope they wear them again tmrw.

The same kit we destroyed the league leaders in

To clarify the 10 is total games I was referring to games after the 1 win

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I saw the home game which I think was a 1-1 draw. I seem to remember that we played in a strange sky blue kit that day not seen before or since. Odd I can remember this but not things from last week.

I did that the other day. My sister to a friend about holidays and she mentioned about somewhere we stayed on the East Coast 20 years ago for 3 days when we were kids and the friend said they thought it was a guest house run by their auntie and uncle. We went on google maps and looked for where I thought it might be and ended up picking out the exact house we stayed in. I then went to make a cup of tea, put the milk back in the fridge but for some reason then took the orange juice from the fridge and started pouring it in my cup! Had to remake the tea. Start of that long slippery slope......

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wasnt it at Prenton Park the legendary Raffale Nuzzo played in?

Thanks for bringing that up - I'd expunged that memory and now you've brought it back. Burrows got sent off and lobbed his boots at someone I believe. We left at 4-1 and then found out listening to the radio reports on 5Live or whatever we'd let in a fifth.

Magwitch

I saw the home game which I think was a 1-1 draw. I seem to remember that we played in a strange sky blue kit that day not seen before or since. Odd I can remember this but not things from last week.
Tranmere equalised with almost the last kick of the match, went to replay, we lost start of a long list of minnows beating us in cup-tires, and Cov legend George Hudson scored for Rovers.
Big gate, winners had been drawn away to Everton the next round so that was obviously a massive incentive to Tranmere. They beat us easily. Everton went on to lose to West Brom in the final.

Londonccfcfan

Definately play 2 upfront for this one, be way to risky to play it out from back on that pitch. Marosi should be kicking downtown for this one.A confident Max and Godden will be a handful. If not happy for Baka to start.

Couple of fresh legs won't do harm for this one.

covcity4life

would not change a winning team just to play 2 strikers personally

we played these guys off park in game we lost, do same and i doubt that happens again

Users who are viewing this thread