Tony Mowbray and the Coventry City players out of contract in the summer (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

We've needed a proper midfield for ages. Can it include someone who can tackle for a change? And some width?

Captain Dart

Need a good quality spine to build around ..

GK
CB(capt)
DM
SK

H

Huckerby

me too

its ridiculous that we are 3 seasons into league 1 and yet to enjoy a proper promotion pushing season
I know right. I can't help getting this feeling that something may be about to change though!

No Way Back

Its obvious but the first stage is to get the squad playing better & getting points.
This will be down to man management & the players ability to understand, accept & get done what they're told. We don't have long but you'd hope we have more in the squad than most of the opposition (not saying much).

Whether TM stays at the end of the season or not there needs to be a proper clear out. So I agree it may be a positive that so many players will be out of contract. They have a short time to prove them selves to TM or they'll be gone. We're not where we are solely because of SP. Players have to take some responsibility but too many of them don't seem too bothered. I don't expect TM to stand for that for long.

SkyBlueHomer

Plenty of seasons past we have said we need to clear out the deadwood & start fresh. This is now our chance, purely because because there could almost be nobody left.

The biggest concern I have is not the amount of players left, we need to get the long term managers position sorted otherwise things may get desperate and it'll be yet another write off next season.
We must be pushing for promotion next season.

AGSB15

Does anyone know anything about the second year scholars and which ones might be in line for a pro contract? And will they be good enough/ready for 1st team action?

steveecov

Its obvious but the first stage is to get the squad playing better & getting points.
This will be down to man management & the players ability to understand, accept & get done what they're told. We don't have long but you'd hope we have more in the squad than most of the opposition (not saying much).

Whether TM stays at the end of the season or not there needs to be a proper clear out. So I agree it may be a positive that so many players will be out of contract. They have a short time to prove them selves to TM or they'll be gone. We're not where we are solely because of SP. Players have to take some responsibility but too many of them don't seem too bothered. I don't expect TM to stand for that for long.

You can lead a horse to water, but....

No Way Back

Guess some players will be thinking that they're going to be history at the end of the season whatever happens.
So maybe less incentive to bust a gut. Sorry state of affairs. It's Cov innit.

steveecov

I hark back to the 3 Ernies, Alderson Carr Glazier.

My daughter Hadji, Chippo, Keane McAllister.

What heroes from today, in 20 years?

Gazolba

Hello? Were 5th bottom. A huge clear out is needed. Nothing to do with SISU. Players are not good enough.

Not good enough under SP. They might be ok under Mowbray. Remember McDonald who was no good under SP, McSheffrey who was no good under SP, Daniels, Clarke, Baker, Madine who were no good under SP? All now banging in the goals elsewhere.

Gazolba

The future is the academy as the first team. Trying to increase their value whilst supplemented by a sprinkling of loan players.
If that is going to be the case invest in the academy and put it as a top status not second top.

If this is the plan, it is seriously flawed. From past experience the percentage of players who can transition from the academy to the first team is very low. Any outstanding players will be sold very quickly and we will be left with the players 'not quite good enough' - which is exactly what we have now.

Como

None are going to be exactly in demand from others so must be a good thing that a clear out is possible.

Otis

I know right. I can't help getting this feeling that something may be about to change though!

Not trying to piss on anyone's chips here, but just how bad are we all going to be feeling if TM does really well for us until the end of the season and then buggers off to a bigger club?

The dumps we have been down in this season are going to feel like small lottery win compared to having to start all over again in the Summer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not trying to piss on anyone's chips here, but just how bad are we all going to be feeling if TM does really well for us until the end of the season and then buggers off to a bigger club?

The dumps we have been down in this season are going to feel like small lottery win compared to having to start all over again in the Summer.

Sort of agree Otis, although I'd prefer a new person starting off the season to SP still being in situ, as I would have struggled to 'dream' about doing well when the new season kicked off.

Otis

If this is the plan, it is seriously flawed. From past experience the percentage of players who can transition from the academy to the first team is very low. Any outstanding players will be sold very quickly and we will be left with the players 'not quite good enough' - which is exactly what we have now.

Yep, agree with this. And there is a vast difference in slowly blooding academy players carefully to just throwing them straight into the team at the drop of a hat.

If the plan is to make an assault on the top 6 places next season, that is going to be incredibly difficult with a squad with numerous kids in it who are still learning and developing.

Gint11

2 things I'd like to point out from the OP player list. Looking at it we need a complete overhaul, send back the loanees, see what youth we can use and let TM bring in decent players who will make a difference. 2nd point is SP wasn't getting the best out of what we have so I guarantee 1 or 2 players that we might think is shite may all of a sudden look and be decent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

Even if TM does really well and leaves in the summer least we will have avoided relegation I'd take that scenario right now. Much easier to attract a decent manager for a league 1 promotion push in the summer rather than league 2

Users who are viewing this thread