Out of contract in the summer (1 Viewer)

oucho

Sorry if I have missed this somewhere, but can anyone confirm which players are out of contract in the summer?

It's coming round to that time of year where I scan through the OOC list and ponder who ought to be extended and who should be binned off....

torchomatic

Grimmer, Burge, Willis are three I can think of.

Callum Moseley

- Lee Burge
- Liam O’Brien
- Jack Grimmer
- Jordan Willis
- Reece Ford
- Chris Camwell
- Tony Andreu
- Stuart Beavon

And then Corey Addai and Tom Davies are also out of contract but the club has the option to extend their deals by a further year!

oucho

- Lee Burge
- Liam O’Brien
- Jack Grimmer
- Jordan Willis
- Reece Ford
- Chris Camwell
- Tony Andreu
- Stuart Beavon

And then Corey Addai and Tom Davies are also out of contract but the club has the option to extend their deals by a further year!

Probably wins the award for "most constructive first SBT post ever".

Hell, it probably wins the award for "most constructive SBT post ever".

oucho

I would let Burge leave, and see if we can sign better instead (if not, I would give O'Brien the number 1 jersey for a season and give him a chance to grow into the role). Yes he has made some mistakes in his 2 years with us but I think he warrants more of a chance.

On another note, I like the fact that fewer players are OOC this time - in the past it's been over 50% of the squad. This points to the kind of long-term thinking that we need. Hopefully the summer signings also sign up on multi-year deals. We need squad continuity and it's no good to be having a big 10/15 in/out (including loans) as we did in previous years (under Mowbray especially).

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Keep Willis and Burge. I suspect Davies will go in search of more game time, especially if we can hold onto Willis. Rose signing in the summer and we already have options with Williams, Thompson and Drysdale in the U23s.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
- Lee Burge
- Liam O’Brien
- Jack Grimmer
- Jordan Willis
- Reece Ford
- Chris Camwell
- Tony Andreu
- Stuart Beavon

Out of that list I’d like to see us pull out all the stops to re-sign Willis. Had his best and injury free (ish) season and showed what an asset he is to us.

Davies is likely to not want to be a back up so will likely leave looking for first team football.

This is another close season when we have to look again st the goalkeeping department. I’d let all 3 mentioned go, and hopefully find an adequate replacement (at least one anyway as we’d struggle if we didn’t replace all 3 ;))

Terry Gibson's perm

Release three goalies and sign two if you get an injury use the emergency loan system if it is still available.

The only one I would push hard for is Willis but I think he is ready for a move up the leagues.

better days

I would let Burge leave, and see if we can sign better instead (if not, I would give O'Brien the number 1 jersey for a season and give him a chance to grow into the role). Yes he has made some mistakes in his 2 years with us but I think he warrants more of a chance.

On another note, I like the fact that fewer players are OOC this time - in the past it's been over 50% of the squad. This points to the kind of long-term thinking that we need. Hopefully the summer signings also sign up on multi-year deals. We need squad continuity and it's no good to be having a big 10/15 in/out (including loans) as we did in previous years (under Mowbray especially).

I think there's been a big falling out with Robins & Liam O'Brien so I suspect he'll be off
Although quite a few contributors on the forum don't rate Burge that feeling isn't shared by many in the game
I've heard 4 or 5 clubs are interested including some in the Championship

Mowbray really wasn't given sufficient backing
Maybe he was a little over ambitious as most of the players who he missed out on went to Championship sides or League 1 teams with a much bigger budget
A number of players he bid for wanted to come here but the other offers were so far over what we could offer
It was the club's experience after he left that persuaded them to give Mark Robins a bit more backing

Reactions: vow

SkyBlueSoul

I know this thread is about our out of contract players but thought it was worth looking at the situation League wide. Anyone on this list people reckon we should go for? The list is filtered for League 1, 23-30 years old. Few interesting names on there like Luke Berry at Luton, would like to see us pick him up if they don't take him up with them.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lea...le/spielerposition_id/alle/altersklasse/23-30

NorthernWisdom

I think there's been a big falling out with Robins & Liam O'Brien so I suspect he'll be off
Although quite a few contributors on the forum don't rate Burge that feeling isn't shared by many in the game
I've heard 4 or 5 clubs are interested including some in the Championship

Mowbray really wasn't given sufficient backing
Maybe he was a little over ambitious as most of the players who he missed out on went to Championship sides or League 1 teams with a much bigger budget
A number of players he bid for wanted to come here but the other offers were so far over what we could offer
It was the club's experience after he left that persuaded them to give Mark Robins a bit more backing
I'd hope Burge wanted to stay. O' Brien can go ASAP. What we need is a young-ish keeper we can develop out of the spotlight of the first team bar cup games, so he doesn't get the stick Burge got when first breaking through, but who's good enough to play if needed.

That's all!

Surely all contracts are dependent on where we end up playing, though.

torchomatic

Davies and Willis. Not bothered about the rest.

cc84cov

- Lee Burge
- Liam O’Brien
- Jack Grimmer
- Jordan Willis
- Reece Ford
- Chris Camwell
- Tony Andreu
- Stuart Beavon

Willis,Grimmer & Davies hope we keep rest not too concerned about.

The Birmingham keeper would be a nice signing but wages & no ground etc can’t see that happening.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I would keep Burge, plus I doubt we can afford anyone that much better to actually justify any additional outlay in wages or a small transfer fee. Stockdale for example is way out of our price range. I'd be very surprised if we kept both Davies and Willis, the Rose signing says as much.

vow

- Lee Burge - Keep
- Liam O’Brien
- Jack Grimmer - Would keep, but don't think he'll stay.
- Jordan Willis - Keep
- Reece Ford
- Chris Camwell
- Tony Andreu - Dilemma, as I'm not sure how he's done at Accies? plus we might not sign Bright, so a vacancy for that creavite attacking midfielder role?
- Stuart Beavon
-
Tom Davies - Would keep, but don't think he'll stay.

oucho

- Tony Andreu - Dilemma, as I'm not sure how he's done at Accies? plus we might not sign Bright, so a vacancy for that creavite attacking midfielder role?

Nah. He's clearly out of favour and we never seemed to play the system that would have fitted him into the role for which he was suited. Shame but he's a square piece looking for a round hole.

vow

Nah. He's clearly out of favour and we never seemed to play the system that would have fitted him into the role for which he was suited. Shame but he's a square piece looking for a round hole.
I disagree with the Square in a round hole, as I mentioned earlier, Bright Enobakhare is playing that no.10 role at the moment!

Robins changed his tactics from the start of the season and is now effectively playing 1 up top and 1 behind (plus 2 wingers).

higgs

Danny Hylton Tom Eaves and Marcus Maddison would be good free s for us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vow

Danny Hylton Tom Eaves and Marcus Maddison would be good free s for us
Got a feeling Tom Eaves and Marcus Maddison may be courted by Champ clubs next season and out of our price range, unfortunately.
Danny Hilton at 30yr old might not fit our buying young with potential philosophy.

Would love Tom Eaves here though!

oucho

There was a good article in Saturday's programme by Chris Badlan head of recruitment,did anybody read it.

No...what did it say?

On that matter, we havne't seen a "notes from the boardroom" on here fora while unless I have simply missed it. @Nick please can you post this if you have it?

sb84

Fairly good source has rumour of Willis going to Luton or Bristol City : ( Shame but good luck to the lad, been a great player in his time here. Probably not enthused by the prospect of a season or 2 at Burton

skyblueelephant76

Fairly good source has rumour of Willis going to Luton or Bristol City : ( Shame but good luck to the lad, been a great player in his time here. Probably not enthused by the prospect of a season or 2 at Burton
Or more likely isn't going to turn down the chance to play at a higher level and probably quadruple his wages. Don't think it matters where we are playing.

Reactions: vow

higgs

Got a feeling Tom Eaves and Marcus Maddison may be courted by Champ clubs next season and out of our price range, unfortunately.
Danny Hilton at 30yr old might not fit our buying young with potential philosophy.

Would love Tom Eaves here though!
All three know where the goal is but wages could be the problem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

Willis,Grimmer & Davies hope we keep rest not too concerned about.

The Birmingham keeper would be a nice signing but wages & no ground etc can’t see that happening.
not if we share St Andrews LOL

Sick Boy

- Lee Burge
- Liam O’Brien
- Jack Grimmer
- Jordan Willis
- Reece Ford
- Chris Camwell
- Tony Andreu
- Stuart Beavon

Not sure I’d keep any of them apart from Willis, maybe give TD an extra year

Users who are viewing this thread