Tony Mowbray and the Coventry City players out of contract in the summer (1 Viewer)

Sub

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...-news/look-tony-mowbray-coventry-city-8778858

Players who are out of contract in the summer

Frank Nouble
Marcus Tudgay
Simeon Jackson
Shaun Miller
Andy Webster
Adam Barton
Ivor Lawton
Blair Turgott
Kyle Spence
George Thomas
Devon Kelly-Evans
Dion Kelly-Evans

12 players

Out of contract players with options

Reda Johnson - negotiation clause for a further year
Jordan Willis - option of a further year
Danny Pugh - option of a further year

3 players

The eleven players under contract

Goalkeepers: Lee Burge, Reice Charles-Cook
Defenders: Ryan Haynes, Aaron Martin, Aaron Phillips
Midfielders: Conor Thomas, John Fleck, Jack Finch, Jim O'Brien, Danny Swanson
Forwards: James Maddison

11 players

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Otis

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...-news/look-tony-mowbray-coventry-city-8778858

Frank Nouble
Marcus Tudgay
Simeon Jackson
Shaun Miller
Andy Webster
Adam Barton
Ivor Lawton
Blair Turgott
Kyle Spence
George Thomas
Devon Kelly-Evans
Dion Kelly-Evans

Ooh, big time new broom!!

i would be looking to offload Thomas and Fleck anyway, so that doesn't leave us with a lot does it. I also think that, that is too many players we will be needing for next year and that could result in it all taking a long time for the new squad to gel.

Should never have been let get to this state of affairs.

Last edited:

Sub

Ooh, big time new broom!!

i would be looking to offload Thomas and Fleck anyway, so that doesn't leave us with a lot does it. I also think that, that is too many players we will be needing for next year and that could result in it all taking a long time for the new squad to gel.

Should never have been let get to this state of affairs.

Just shows the complete decline of our club and the shoe string budget it is being run on.

Otis

Just shows the complete decline of our club and the shoe string budget it is being run on.

it's another downside of utilising loan players too. Hard to create stability when you know you only have certain players for a short time and that is why I think we need to try and keep loan players we bring to this club to the minimum possible.

Sub

it's another downside of utilising loan players too. Hard to create stability when you know you only have certain players for a short time and that is why I think we need to try and keep loan players to a minimum.

Have to agree with that Otis and it flies in the face of the usual crap the club come out with, of building for the future and a solid foundation and settled team we hear.

Otis

We now have 6 loan players on our books and we are only allowed to play a maximum of 5 anyway.

ecky

We are in real trouble...,
This lot owning us are now caught between a rock and a hard place
They need to sell up in the summer and walk away

wes_cov

That said, you would expect all of those players to be putting in 100% every game to try and get either a new contract or put themselves in the shop window........ Or that could just be wishful thinking.

Gazolba

It must all be a part of the long term plan Mr Fisher has been talking about.

The long-term plan is to make sure we always only have a short-term plan.

stupot07

Mowbray did mention this as a positive on CWR, stating that he was left frustrated at Middlesborough with too many players on 4 year contracts and decent wages which he couldn't offload.

We all know SP's/SW recruitment has been poor and the squad needs a complete overhaul, and this will give Mowbray the blank canvas to stamp his style on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Mowbray did mention this as a positive on CWR, stating that he was left frustrated at Middlesborough with too many players on 4 year contracts and decent wages which he couldn't offload.

We all know SP's/SW recruitment has been poor and the squad needs a complete overhaul, and this will give Mowbray the blank canvas to stamp his style on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

That's a huge judgement that he's staying beyond 8 weeks

dongonzalos

The future is the academy as the first team. Trying to increase their value whilst supplemented by a sprinkling of loan players.
If that is going to be the case invest in the academy and put it as a top status not second top.

torchomatic

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Not surprisingly I'm not too fussed by the list. Some of the players out of contract aren't good enough anyway - Webster for example, and the rest in that list are hardly pulling up trees. TM will no doubt run the rule over the rest and decide who - if anyone - he wants to keep. As for the Out of Contract with Options players, apart from Willis, the other two are injury prone so they can go, [/FONT]

As for the ones that are still contracted they are all, for me, worth keeping. Not sure why there's another "we're all doomed" thread when the new season doesn't even start for six months. Plenty of time to sort things out.

I can't help thinking that if "out of contract" list was re-named "long term contracts" then there would still be moaning.

Frank Nouble
Marcus Tudgay
Simeon Jackson
Shaun Miller
Andy Webster
Adam Barton
Ivor Lawton
Blair Turgott
Kyle Spence
George Thomas
Devon Kelly-Evans
Dion Kelly-Evans

12 players

3 players

11 players

shmmeee

Is Shaun Miller still at the club??

To be fair, the squad is shite, it's not like last season when we lost some serious talent, all I see are a bunch of easily replaced journeymen. Would rather Mowbray had a blank slate or should the worst happen, we're not stuck with a bunch of L1 wages in L2.

Also that thread title sounds like the shittest JK Rowling novel ever.

woody11462

Thomas and Fleck centre mid next season. Great, where do I sign up for a ST?

Thomas isn't being played at present and I'd lke to see if Mowbray could utilise Fleck in a more advance or at least a more attack minded role. Given that Mowbray is known for attractive attacking football he may bring out a side of Fleck we have not been able to see yet. I don't think we will be sitting with two holding midfielders in front of the back four. And if we do then I'm sure Mowbray will just be looking to use the players we have now to tbe best of their abilities and then offload in the summer and have a massive overhaul if the current crop can't play how he wants us to play. But then that would be dependant on us staying up and Mowbray signing up agian.

Sub

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Not surprisingly I'm not too fussed by the list. Some of the players out of contract aren't good enough anyway - Webster for example, and the rest in that list are hardly pulling up trees. TM will no doubt run the rule over the rest and decide who - if anyone - he wants to keep. As for the Out of Contract with Options players, apart from Willis, the other two are injury prone so they can go, [/FONT]

As for the ones that are still contracted they are all, for me, worth keeping. Not sure why there's another "we're all doomed" thread when the new season doesn't even start for six months. Plenty of time to sort things out.

I can't help thinking that if "out of contract" list was re-named "long term contracts" then there would still be moaning.

For me its more the lack of stability with the constant mass changing of players season after season and not having a settled side that can grow together season after season.

torchomatic

Yeah, agree. That's why I'm not too concerned. I'm pretty confident TM will still be here in the summer and I'm sure he can sort out the squad.

Is Shaun Miller still at the club??

To be fair, the squad is shite, it's not like last season when we lost some serious talent, all I see are a bunch of easily replaced journeymen. Would rather Mowbray had a blank slate or should the worst happen, we're not stuck with a bunch of L1 wages in L2.

Also that thread title sounds like the shittest JK Rowling novel ever.

torchomatic

YEah, I see what you mean. However, we've been moaning - and so has Waggott - that SP brought in shit players. Surely, we want to get rid of them.

To be honest though, I think the "settled side" thing is overplayed a little too much. I think if we get the "right" players then they can slot into the existing side without issue. Look at two examples; Dominic Samuel and Josh McQuoid. Samuel didn't need to settle.

For me its more the lack of stability with the constant mass changing of players season after season and not having a settled side that can grow together season after season.

Otis

Yeah, agree. That's why I'm not too concerned. I'm pretty confident TM will still be here in the summer and I'm sure he can sort out the squad.

IF he is given the backing.

If he is under such constraints that he has to field the academy we could be in trouble again. Guess I am looking at all this as losing lots of players and not being convinced the owners giving TM the backing he'll need.

I agree that in that list there's not many I would want to keep anyway.

covcity4life

to be fair this could be a good thing. will make it a lot easier for mowbray to build his own squad and not have to worry about offloading those he doesnt want.

out of out of contract i would keep

Frank Nouble
Simeon Jackson
Adam Barton
Ivor Lawton
Blair Turgott
George Thomas
Devon Kelly-Evans
Dion Kelly-Evans

some for the future,some for the present.

torchomatic

Even if he is given money for wages rather than fees then that is still backing, is it not? I'm still a lot more confident in him than SP and some of his loans/freebies.

IF he is given the backing.

If he is under such constraints that he has to field the academy we could be in trouble again. Guess I am looking at all this as losing lots of players and not being convinced the owners giving TM the backing he'll need.

I agree that in that list there's not many I would want to keep anyway.

giveittoregis

Went over to Ricoh for MK Dons victory from Ireland last Saturday and the atmosphere of uncertainty among the home fans was almost palpable. Taking about journeymen , Tudgay should be put on the next train out of town in my opinion. He basically trotted around the pitch half-arsed. Was sorry to see Elvis go , but hopefully TM will crack the whip a bit better and put a decent team on pitch to climb table before we all have cardiac arrest.

Otis

Even if he is given money for wages rather than fees then that is still backing, is it not? I'm still a lot more confident in him than SP and some of his loans/freebies.

Oh yes, totally agree. I have much more faith in TM than I ever had in Pressley.

shmmeee

Oh yes, totally agree. I have much more faith in TM than I ever had in Pressley.

The only slight niggle I have between the two is Mowbray hasn't to my knowledge mentioned the academy once, instead talking about bringing in players. I hope that he keeps the commitment the last two managers had to bringing players through. I know it's in the club's plan to have a third of the squad from there so I imagine it's been made clear to him, but it might be one of the things to be discussed in the summer.

ccfctommy

Hello? Were 5th bottom. A huge clear out is needed. Nothing to do with SISU. Players are not good enough.

stupot07

That's a huge judgement that he's staying beyond 8 weeks

Very true Wingy, but even if he doesn't they will have to bring in a new manager and he will also be able to stamp his mark on the squad rather than use SP's players. If SP was still here i could see it as a negative because of continuity, but given its going to be a new manager whether that's Mowbray or not, I think it gives them flexibility to bring in their own players.

There's not one player on that list that I would deem unreplaceable, unlike last season.

Otis

Very true Wingy, but even if he doesn't they will have to bring in a new manager and he will also be able to stamp his mark on the squad rather than use SP's players. If SP was still here i could see it as a negative because of continuity, but given its going to be a new manager whether that's Mowbray or not, I think it gives them flexibility to bring in their own players.

There's not one player on that list that I would deem unreplaceable, unlike last season.

Would tend to agree.

Frank Nouble
Marcus Tudgay
Simeon Jackson
Shaun Miller
Andy Webster
Adam Barton
Ivor Lawton
Blair Turgott
Kyle Spence
George Thomas
Devon Kelly-Evans
Dion Kelly-Evans
Reda Johnson
Jordan Willis
Danny Pugh
Lee Burge
Reece Charles-Cook
Ryan Haynes
Aaron Martin
Aaron Phillips
Conor Thomas
John Fleck
Jack Finch
Jim O'Brien
Danny Swanson
James Maddison

Out of that list there's hardly anyone I would truly like us to keep. I would like to hang on to Ryan Haynes and Maddison and Philips and Willis and some of the other kids if I could, but then I am struggling a little after that.

I have even fallen a bit out of love with JOB. thought he was going to be a great player for us at one point, but now I see him as a bit of a headless chicken, who is more often than not caught totally out of position.

I would like to see our midfield ripped out and us start again from fresh to be honest. I have given up on Conor Thomas and Fleck simply isn't anywhere approaching consistent enough for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread