Tonights meeting in London with Onye (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Have to say i am curious why no one has been more forth coming about what was said perhaps it is just time and timing. All this "it was a private meeting" seems some what pretencious to me but each to his own. We are all CCFC fans arent we ? Shouldnt we all equally have access to the same information? A similar event in Coventry would have had several detailed reports from those who attended and shared because that is what fans of the same hue do isnt it?

Too much of I know something you dont know going on right now - helps no one, achieves nothing and is pretty much what most complain to SISU and the Board about - pot and kettle? - We want transparency but only if we get told first and we know more than the rest pah! (and i am not referring particularly to last nights meeting)

ccfcway

I know ccfcway was going as was going to tweet. Last we heard of them on here was that security was tight. Maybe they are all being held hostage.

Hi, i didnt go as I dont live i UK, but kept up to date on Twitter and copied what little was on here

I'm as much in the dark as the next man, as I was at my brothers and he said he saw Thorn at the Man Utd reserve match !

mark82

Hi, i didnt go as I dont live i UK, but kept up to date on Twitter and copied what little was on here

I'm as much in the dark as the next man, as I was at my brothers and he said he saw Thorn at the Man Utd reserve match !

Apologies. Assumed you were there due to Twitter updates.

CJparker

Have to say i am curious why no one has been more forth coming about what was said perhaps it is just time and timing. All this "it was a private meeting" seems some what pretencious to me but each to his own. We are all CCFC fans arent we ? Shouldnt we all equally have access to the same information? A similar event in Coventry would have had several detailed reports from those who attended and shared because that is what fans of the same hue do isnt it?

Too much of I know something you dont know going on right now - helps no one, achieves nothing and is pretty much what most complain to SISU and the Board about - pot and kettle? - We want transparency but only if we get told first and we know more than the rest pah! (and i am not referring particularly to last nights meeting)

Fair point, and I'll try to answer this as an LSC member, albeit not on the committee.

LSC has a difficult balancing act to play - it has had a long term close relationship with the club (under owners / management of all stripes) and is only able to host events like this with the likes of Fisher and Igwe thanks to that relationship. The LSC chairman started the meeting by referring to the SOC meeting of the same evening, pointing out that agenda point 5 at Hen Lane was a report from the London meeting, and asked that in the interests of allowing the panel a calm hearing that no audience members should Tweet / text during the event. I've already described the security arrangements in place to prevent uninvited guests.

On the other hand, the president of LSC is Joe Elliot, and at the most recent dinner (35th anniversary dinner where Elliot was inaugurated as chairman), Gary Hoffman was made an honourary member. Gary is a long-term member of LSC and there is much natural loyalty within LSC for him and Joe. So we need to balance that against wanting to give the current board a fair hearing. It would sour the relationship with them if they made the effort to turn up and everything they said was posted online, twisted against them and lampooned.

So as for "why wasn't it held in Coventry" - well, the London Supporters Club is based in London, so for that reason we decided to host it in London at the pub owned by an LSC member, which is the closest thing we have to a London clubhouse. Wouldn't make much sense to host the event in Coventry when most LSC members live in the London area! Igwe, Fister and AT responded to our invitation and the fact that LSC has a strong relationship with the club - any other group, in Coventry and anywhere else, is free to invite them to a meeting.

My personal impressions from the meeting were mixed. I feel no more confident about the club now than I did before the meeting. Igwe simply trotted out the party line, defending SISU and blaming management for most things that have gone wrong - he came across as thoughtful but without strong answers. At times the answers he gave bore no relation to reality and common sense, but we appreciated him making the effort (especially as he'd been in Germany apparently). Fisher was more aggressive / blunt, answering questions more directly in an argumentative way, giving the impression he thought criticism of SISU was unfair - he did though have a bit of energy about him and made a lot more sense than Igwe.

AT was by far the most impressive - he spoke so passionately about the club and how finishing 21st would still be a disaster for him - he feels we should be "mid-table, pushing on" with our squad and stats, and was clear the we need a couple more strikers - every other area of the team and performance he feels is strong enough. I asked about the diamond and he said he's going to keep it as otherwise we'll end up playing long ball and that won't help us. He was very moving when he spoke about the support from the fans, how much it means to the players and how the team is really passionate and positive (unlike other relegation fodder teams he's played for). For the first time, he really impressed me and made me glad he is our manager.

Sterling Archer

I hope you all had a good night,sounds very cosy. Meanwhile the 99% of city fans in coventry&warwickshire get totally blanked by sisu and you lot down there. Nice one.
Why does every post I read of yours seem to read like you want to create a divide between City fans?

Pathetic.

mark82

Fair point, and I'll try to answer this as an LSC member, albeit not on the committee.

LSC has a difficult balancing act to play - it has had a long term close relationship with the club (under owners / management of all stripes) and is only able to host events like this with the likes of Fisher and Igwe thanks to that relationship. The LSC chairman started the meeting by referring to the SOC meeting of the same evening, pointing out that agenda point 5 at Hen Lane was a report from the London meeting, and asked that in the interests of allowing the panel a calm hearing that no audience members should Tweet / text during the event. I've already described the security arrangements in place to prevent uninvited guests.

On the other hand, the president of LSC is Joe Elliot, and at the most recent dinner (35th anniversary dinner where Elliot was inaugurated as chairman), Gary Hoffman was made an honourary member. Gary is a long-term member of LSC and there is much natural loyalty within LSC for him and Joe. So we need to balance that against wanting to give the current board a fair hearing. It would sour the relationship with them if they made the effort to turn up and everything they said was posted online, twisted against them and lampooned.

So as for "why wasn't it held in Coventry" - well, the London Supporters Club is based in London, so for that reason we decided to host it in London at the pub owned by an LSC member, which is the closest thing we have to a London clubhouse. Wouldn't make much sense to host the event in Coventry when most LSC members live in the London area! Igwe, Fister and AT responded to our invitation and the fact that LSC has a strong relationship with the club - any other group, in Coventry and anywhere else, is free to invite them to a meeting.

My personal impressions from the meeting were mixed. I feel no more confident about the club now than I did before the meeting. Igwe simply trotted out the party line, defending SISU and blaming management for most things that have gone wrong - he came across as thoughtful but without strong answers. At times the answers he gave bore no relation to reality and common sense, but we appreciated him making the effort (especially as he'd been in Germany apparently). Fisher was more aggressive / blunt, answering questions more directly in an argumentative way, giving the impression he thought criticism of SISU was unfair - he did though have a bit of energy about him and made a lot more sense than Igwe.

AT was by far the most impressive - he spoke so passionately about the club and how finishing 21st would still be a disaster for him - he feels we should be "mid-table, pushing on" with our squad and stats, and was clear the we need a couple more strikers - every other area of the team and performance he feels is strong enough. I asked about the diamond and he said he's going to keep it as otherwise we'll end up playing long ball and that won't help us. He was very moving when he spoke about the support from the fans, how much it means to the players and how the team is really passionate and positive (unlike other relegation fodder teams he's played for). For the first time, he really impressed me and made me glad he is our manager.

Thanks CJ. On another forum a couple of strikers were named (by initial at least). Were specific transfer targets discussed by AT (or anyone else)?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thanks for the update CJP much appreciated.

Have to say I see no reason for the LSC to hold their meetings anywhere other than London

olderskyblue

On the other hand, the president of LSC is Joe Elliot, and at the most recent dinner (35th anniversary dinner where Elliot was inaugurated as chairman), Gary Hoffman was made an honourary member. Gary is a long-term member of LSC and there is much natural loyalty within LSC for him and Joe.

There are 2 positions on the SOC available for them now..... or are they already "silent" partners? :D:D

Is it not a bit like all those "in the know" about the Hoffman bid - whereas us mere mortals are not worthy of such knowledge:facepalm:

CJparker

Is it not a bit like all those "in the know" about the Hoffman bid - whereas us mere mortals are not worthy of such knowledge:facepalm:

Actually, the Hoffman was barely mentioned.

We were asked not to go shouting from the rooftops about certain points of discussion, and respected that request. Having a formal meeting isn't like Tweeting or chatting on this forum - we are all members who know each other, and have lots of friends in the LSC, so no-one wants to be the one who is seen to go round blabbing. There wasn't anything highly sensitive discussed - but if you want to ask a specific question then please PM me.

procdoc

surely as season ticket holders and supporters we deserve to know what was said? All this cloak and daggers bullshit winds me up. Why can't you say what was said on OUR public forum? Are you all of a sudden higher in the CCFC food chain than the rest of us? it's bollocks

skyblu3sk

Also i'm sure OI did come to a meeting with Brody? Thanks CJ did they actually say anything about targets you don't need to say names, but did they say names?

CJparker

Also i'm sure OI did come to a meeting with Brody? Thanks CJ did they actually say anything about targets you don't need to say names, but did they say names?

I tried to PM you with a direct response, but apparently you inbox is full and can't receive further messages!

valiant15

SA,I'm not dividing the fans,sisu are,telling them to keep quiet,its a piss take. You might like to be treated like a muppet but i don't. We all deserve to know what was said.

Astute

This is really bringing our club and fans together

J

Jack Griffin

I tweeted at someone at that meeting saying they would be compromised if they made any sort of confidentialy agrement with Igwe, he replied Igwe evaded every question like a politician & AT who was also there let some names slip and asked they were not made public.

skyblu3sk

I think we all need to respect that if AT accidentally ran his mouth off then it should be kept quiet. Sounds like it was the usual shite other than that.

mexico88

surely as season ticket holders and supporters we deserve to know what was said? All this cloak and daggers bullshit winds me up. Why can't you say what was said on OUR public forum? Are you all of a sudden higher in the CCFC food chain than the rest of us? it's bollocks

Agreed. As a season ticket holder, I paid £300 to be in a club, but I'm not allowed to know what LSC know? Hmmmm...

I have 2 great questions that I'd like to know the answer to (rough answer is fine) if they be so bold to answer.

1. What was the total attendance for that meeting last night?

2. Bearing in mind they are 'London' supporters - how many are season ticket holders?

What's the chances of an answer folks?

skyblu3sk

Agreed. As a season ticket holder, I paid £300 to be in a club, but I'm not allowed to know what LSC know? Hmmmm...

I have 2 great questions that I'd like to know the answer to (rough answer is fine) if they be so bold to answer.

2. Bearing in mind they are 'London' supporters - how many are season ticket holders?

Mexico, Whats the point?
They all support City and created a group and invited them along.
You want a meeting with them why don't you do the same?
They have reported back all but what was said by at when he mentioned names surely all we need to know is he is looking at strikers?
Which we all knew all ready.

Brighton Sky Blue

1. The usual attendance at past CCLSC events has been in the region of 50-60. As this one was held in a pub, I'd doubt it would've been much over that many last night.
2. Not very many-though then again, commuting up and down to Cov every other weekend's pretty expensive in the long run. Just because we don't live in Cov now, does *not* make us any less supporters.

CJparker

As a season ticket holder, I paid £300 to be in a club, but I'm not allowed to know what LSC know? Hmmmm...

You may have paid £300 for an ST, but did you pay your £10 annual subs to be an LSC member? If not, then you weren't entitled to attend our event.

There were around 40 members there - unfortunately a lot more couldn't make it due to work etc. I'd say around a third of those have got STs.

mexico88

You may have paid £300 for an ST, but did you pay your £10 annual subs to be an LSC member? If not, then you weren't entitled to attend our event.

There were around 40 members there - unfortunately a lot more couldn't make it due to work etc. I'd say around a third of those have got STs.

To clarify:

My issue isn't with LSC at all.

Just find it very insulting that the club seem to think its ok to to keep paying cutomers in the dark (no disrespect to those who can't make it) and yet travel to London to tell all to a group that paid £10 for a years subscription and then even worse, ask them to keep it on the qt!

torchomatic

skyblu3sk

Ok i make it that Onye has met fans in coventry twice? anyway AT only asked them to keep his bit quiet nothing to do with SISU or the club

ccfctommy

You do realise half these people who are members of the London Supporters Club probably originate from Coventry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread