Tonights meeting in London with Onye (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg82

Onye never been at one in Cov though... Thats the point most are making.

Do people think just because he's there they'll get more information than when it was just Ranson and after, Dulieu? As has also been pointed out, this forum seems to be an annual thing. Completely pointless getting worked up about this when it's still Coventry supporters going!

CUS Wyken

Do people think just because he's there they'll get more information than when it was just Ranson and after, Dulieu? As has also been pointed out, this forum seems to be an annual thing. Completely pointless getting worked up about this when it's still Coventry supporters going!

Every club has fan’s forums. Most involve the owners. When did SISU ever turn up at a Cov one apart from last night? Always been Clouting, Ranson or Dulieu.

They hold these forum’s at sensible times i.e end of the season.

If Onye held one in Cov in the current climate he would get ridiculed hence why he won’t.

kg82

Every club has fan’s forums. Most involve the owners. When did SISU ever turn up at a Cov one apart from last night? Always been Clouting, Ranson or Dulieu.

They hold these forum’s at sensible times i.e end of the season.

If Onye held one in Cov in the current climate he would get ridiculed hence why he won’t.

Like I said, would you expect to get any more info from anyone at SISU than those who are actually running the club? I don't think I would.

kg82

Well the way SISU have ran this club its a farce so i wouldn’t expect anything different.

Yeah, but the reason you want one of them at the meeting is to get some answers, right? But you wouldn't get any so there would be no point in that meeting, or one of them turning up to that meeting.

Sterling Archer

Don't shoot the messenger but I just got sent this via email by a Cov supporting mate who read it on a different football board he goes on.

Tim Fisher, Onye Igwe and Andy Thorn were all in attendance last night.

TF is clearly a PR man through and through. Seemed annoyed to have to answer 'difficult' questions and sighed, tutted and twirled his Mont Blanc pen throughout. Said that Leeds pay £2m a year in rent, as if that was in any way related to CCFC's plight. OI had a lot to say, but none of it of much substance. They both did concede, however, that communication (or lack of it) was a problem. They say that they aren't looking for an exit strategy, they aren't asset stripping, and still want to run the club. OI's lack of football background betrayed him at times - he obviously has a business background and has been parachuted in by SISU to do the best he can.

AT was really impressive. Still chief scout as well as manager, there are a couple of loans (strikers) in the pipeline that he wants asap. C-Mac wasn't his first choice signing, it was le Fondre, but the board messed about and Reading got in there. Clearly AT has no time at all for the board. He thinks the fans are fantastic, considering what we have to put up with, and uses a pro-fans, anti-board stance in his team talks: 'let's show those b****** upstairs' kind of thing. He was laughing about Orange Ken, and said he thought the 'give him enough rope' tactic would work and it did.

He says Keogh and Cranie are vital and doesn't want to sell them. RK is in negotiations for a new contract. He loves his stats and says we're a top 10 side in all of them except the most important one, sticking the ball in the net. Re the sale of LJ, he doesn't think it was a bad deal for CCFC. He said after the Boro game, he was chatting to Mowbray and said 'how's he settling in?' Mowbray said 'fine, he's a great lad, he'll do ok for us' and after Mowbray walked off, Boro's number 2 (Mark Venus) said to AT 'he can't finish though, can he?', and Thorny laughed.

All in all a good night. Candid questions and for the most part, straight answers. It does seem that since RR left, SISU have been trying to learn how to run a football club on the fly, and not doing a great job. AT is doing an amazing job (or jobs) - he said that Mrs AT said 'we won't see you til May now, will we?' - he totally believes in his methods and loves it, despite the circumstances.

CJparker

Hmm, the reluctance to divulge anything either means this gagging order isn't wide of the mark orrrrrr... you're just playing with us!

There's no conspiracy or "gagging order". It was made clear to members at the start of the meeting that it was a private LSC members-only event. We went to the lengths of having a guest-list, entry passes and controls on the door to prevent uninvited guests - OTT in my view, as there wasn't anything highly sensitive that was aired.

kg82

There's no conspiracy or "gagging order". It was made clear to members at the start of the meeting that it was a private LSC members-only event. We went to the lengths of having a guest-list, entry passes and controls on the door to prevent uninvited guests - OTT in my view, as there wasn't anything highly sensitive that was aired.

So, are you saying that, even though OI was there, nothing was said that wouldn't have been said if he wasn't there?!

valiant15

I hope you all had a good night,sounds very cosy. Meanwhile the 99% of city fans in coventry&warwickshire get totally blanked by sisu and you lot down there. Nice one.

torchomatic

Here we go again...

I hope you all had a good night,sounds very cosy. Meanwhile the 99% of city fans in coventry&warwickshire get totally blanked by sisu and you lot down there. Nice one.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I dunno. I was just pointing out you moaning that it wasn't in Coventry and Warwickshire. I was pointing out that it was organised by the LONDON Supporters Club.

Nothing more, nothing less.

So wheres the feedback then mouth?

ccfctommy

Someone has just posted feedback. I'm on my phone so I don't know if its this thread but Thorn, Tim Fisher and Onye Inwe were all there.

valiant15

I know it was in London,that doesnt bother me,what bothers me is us lot up here get naff all and why all the secrecy? Igwe should get his arse up to the ricoh and hold a forum there.

torchomatic

So why moan it wasn't up here then? And who said there was a veil of "secrecy" apart from a few people on here who made stuff up saying that there was? It only takes a few people to read something like that and then post it as fact and then look where we end up.

I know it was in London,that doesnt bother me,what bothers me is us lot up here get naff all and why all the secrecy? Igwe should get his arse up to the ricoh and hold a forum there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread