Tonight’s games (1 Viewer)

Barnsley

Swansea and Rotherham arent anything special from the games we had with them just keep out Ladapo and Ayew in you games and you will get at least 2 points

we don’t play to keep people out. We go out to take them on. That’s why better teams smash us.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Isn’t Begovic also on something like that?

He was reportedly on £70k pw. But whether he's on that now remains to be seen as it depends on whether he had a relegation clause within his contract. It's believed most of the Bournemouth players did but their better quality players such as Ake and Wilson didn't.

Londonccfcfan

Results couldnt really have gone better for us yesterday with.
Could have been alot worse.

Wycombe and Wednesday losing. Confidence must be really low now.

QPR drawing at home and Preston losing.

Evo1883

Sheffield Wednesday look in trouble... 3 home wins In the last calendar year... Pulis saying their best isn't enough to win matches... Not good

KenilworthSkyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday look in trouble... 3 home wins In the last calendar year... Pulis saying their best isn't enough to win matches... Not good

Their right back Moses Odubajo was caught laughing and congratulating Grabban last night after his goal. The video is pretty damning.

He was quick to issue a response but even from an objective POV the excuse he gave was pretty weak.

Definitely not a good time to be a Sheff Weds fan.

Terry Gibson's perm

I like Wednesday. I mean, if it’s between us and them going down, obviously them! But I have a soft spot for them. Seem to remember their fans doing something for a fan of ours that died.

There are a lot more teams I would like to see go down first but if it was us and them then no choice.

KenilworthSkyBlue

It’s not good, it’s brilliant, their players aren’t being paid in full ether, so they’ll struggle to recruit in January. Hopefully they go bust and have to restart in division 15.

You shouldn't wish a club to go bust. That's an idiotic and childish comment.

Plus, they'd struggle to recruit anyway. Players aren't going to want to tie themselves long term to a team who sits at the bottom of the league and equally, I think they'd find difficulty in convincing Premier League clubs to loan them young talent for that very same reason.

Terry Gibson's perm

You shouldn't wish a club to go bust. It's an idiotic and childish comment.

Plus, they'd struggle to recruit anyway. Players aren't going to want to tie themselves long term to a team who sits at the bottom of the league and equally, I think they'd find difficulty in convincing Premier League clubs to loan them young talent for that very same reason.

They will also struggle to get prem players as pullis is a bit of a dinosaur

Barnsley

Yeah I still hope they go bust.

Terry Gibson's perm

There is one club I wouldn’t be to sad to see go bust😉

Terry Gibson's perm

Very true. I feel that their window will be very predictable. Pulis will inevitably dip into the free agent market and wheel in 3-4 over 30s to try and stop the rot.

That could be a difficult market as most wont have played for months, I think they will get out of it though for me it’s Wycombe maybe Rotherham and one more.

KenilworthSkyBlue

That could be a difficult market as most wont have played for months, I think they will get out of it though for me it’s Wycombe maybe Rotherham and one more.

This is the reality they face though. Free agents brought in will no doubt take months to get up to speed. But, what's their alternative?

Like I said, they're an unattractive club to join at present and players talented enough to drag them out of their current slump simply won't join them. And as Barnsley eloquently put, can they even afford such players?

I feel they're in a dire situation and I'd be very surprised if they survived this season.

Evo1883

It’s not good, it’s brilliant, their players aren’t being paid in full ether, so they’ll struggle to recruit in January. Hopefully they go bust and have to restart in division 15.

giphy.gif

clint van damme

Barnsley were rock bottom after 19 games last season, albeit 3 points better off than Wednesday are.
Hull were 14 points clear off them, but Barnsley survived and Hull didn't, Long way to go.

Evo1883

To be fair though, seeing some of our fans completely lose their minds and self control because they jokingly sang "We Love you SISU" was quite funny.
I thought one of their fans getting slapped down by a child on the top row was funnier

Brighton Sky Blue

I like Wednesday. I mean, if it’s between us and them going down, obviously them! But I have a soft spot for them. Seem to remember their fans doing something for a fan of ours that died.

It was the other way round, both sets of fans sang 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' before a midweek game the year after. A much better set of fans than the red ones

Users who are viewing this thread