Tonight’s games (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

I hope Rotherham stay up, they need to win their next three games to stand a chance in my opinion.

Millwall are drawing too many games, Birmingham are due a change of manager, QPR could end up going bust. Derby desperately need to beat us on Saturday otherwise I think they’ll crumble. And Forest are scabs .
Yeah Forest scabbed us twice

Sick Boy

I hope Rotherham stay up, they need to win their next three games to stand a chance in my opinion.

Millwall are drawing too many games, Birmingham are due a change of manager, QPR could end up going bust. Derby desperately need to beat us on Saturday otherwise I think they’ll crumble. And Forest are scabs .
How do you see us doing?

mark82

We’ve just come out the jan window which started near 5 weeks ago mate

We signed a striker. He's played in the 3 games since he's signed, not looked too bad and scored. Walker back soon and things will look brighter. We don't have infinite budget.

I do think we need to look at improving our attacking options next year though. Still feel we've got enough to stay up.

clint van damme

We signed a striker. He's played in the 3 games since he's signed, not looked too bad and scored. Walker back soon and things will look brighter. We don't have infinite budget.

I do think we need to look at improving our attacking options next year though. Still feel we've got enough to stay up.

agree, though it's going to take time to get the squad we want without big investment. If we stay up I still think we'll go into 221-22 still with players in the squad that aren't really Championship standard.
It's going to take time.
Though if we do stay up we'll also have players with a seasons worth of Championship experience which will be a massive help.

PVA

agree, though it's going to take time to get the squad we want without big investment. If we stay up I still think we'll go into 221-22 still with players in the squad that aren't really Championship standard.
It's going to take time.
Though if we do stay up we'll also have players with a seasons worth of Championship experience which will be a massive help.

This is true, and really annoys me when people slag off for example Baka and Max.

We can't go up and instantly have a squad of Championship players, with 4 championship standard strikers.

There is barely a team in the league that has 4 Championship standard strikers. In fact I'm not sure there are any.

Otis

You’re in a relegation battle obviously, but I get the feeling you’re not actually in the thick of it, you tend to be on the fringes of it. You’ll have enough to stay away from serous danger.
Nice to see some sense applied. 😎

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

You’re in a relegation battle obviously, but I get the feeling you’re not actually in the thick of it, you tend to be on the fringes of it. You’ll have enough to stay away from serous danger.

You winning Saturday v The Rams would be helpful. I'll even talk wi' a fiuneh twang in your honour on Saturday evening if tha' obliges !

cc84cov

Have you seen us play ? Since we played you ?

Just wondering how you can predict this ?

standupforcity

It wasn't our attackers who were responsible for the goals...although I agree we need to invest in attacking options..

Barnsley

Have you seen us play ? Since we played you ?

Just wondering how you can predict this ?
Im like a championship football scout, I’m really well read on most teams regarding injuries and form, I watch extended highlights of all championship games plus all the live ones, I’ve no interest in premier league football, champions league or PS5 and Xbox box sets and other shite, all my spare time is taken up with championship football, horse racing, darts, boxing and murders/crime don’t bother watching or reading about anything else.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Chances are by the end of this month this place will be in meltdown because we've got some difficult games coming up and I expect most of the results won't be in our favour, and that cushion we've got will have been eroded. That's why the Forest loss is a big disappointment - it would helped maintain that cushion a bit longer to prevent too many jitters entering the dressing room.

But I'll say now that the run in to the end of the season beyond that isn't as bad and like a few months ago those run of games will hopefully see us get a decent enough set of results to keep us from trouble. I'll start panicking if we've played 3 or 4 of those and not got any results, not before.

cc84cov

Chances are by the end of this month this place will be in meltdown because we've got some difficult games coming up and I expect most of the results won't be in our favour, and that cushion we've got will have been eroded. That's why the Forest loss is a big disappointment - it would helped maintain that cushion a bit longer to prevent too many jitters entering the dressing room.

But I'll say now that the run in to the end of the season beyond that isn't as bad and like a few months ago those run of games will hopefully see us get a decent enough set of results to keep us from trouble. I'll start panicking if we've played 3 or 4 of those and not got any results, not before.
The Brum game was 2 points dropped we had them on the ropes it was there to be won

AFCCOVENTRY

Im like a championship football scout, I’m really well read on most teams regarding injuries and form, I watch extended highlights of all championship games plus all the live ones, I’ve no interest in premier league football, champions league or PS5 and Xbox box sets and other shite, all my spare time is taken up with championship football, horse racing, darts, boxing and murders/crime don’t bother watching or reading about anything else.

What’s your favourite cuisine?

Sky Blue Harry H

What we don't know yet (look at Liverpool's recent blips) is the effect on those teams/players in our league who will have had almost extended seasons (e.g. Birmingham, Millwall etc) versus the likes of Rotherham and Coventry, both of whom have had extended breaks. Whilst we haven't had the best of luck with injuries, it may be that a number of teams suffer from players who have been to the well once too often over an extended period and with a compressed number of games. Hoping it may work to our advantage.

Johhny Blue

I thought you were in Canada. Are you allowed to pop over like that on a whim?
If two weeks quarantine at each end qualifies as a whim then yes. I’m behaving myself though and have already cancelled one trip back. Bags are packed and waiting for clearance.

Otis

If two weeks quarantine at each end qualifies as a whim then yes. I’m behaving myself though and have already cancelled one trip back. Bags are packed and waiting for clearance.
Don't you feel your blue face may be holding you back and drawing too much attention?

better days

You sound like my Mrs and her interests
Apart from football 🤣

mark82

Hope you don't spend too much time on the murders/crime bit. I'm local to Barnsley, should I be worried?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's exactly what worries me.

The teams below us have strengthened and are starting to find form, we are just sort of treading water.

I'm incredibly nervous about tomorrow and even more about the games following. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but I think we are in genuine danger, almost sleepwalking into it.

Apologies on a postcard please.

Users who are viewing this thread