Tonight’s games (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

All of them?

There are still 19 games to go.

Rotherham, Derby, Forest, Wednesday - These teams are all winning games. Look at the form graph:

1612390358846.png

Bear in mind we've got just 7 points from a possible 18 in what was regarded as quite a winnable set of fixtures, compared to the set of fixtures coming up, where most people are expecting very little. Although I did find it extremely bizarre when some were saying draws against the shitter teams were fine. The dynamic factors are not just us playing harder or easier teams, it is the teams in and around us that have somehow gone from relegation fodder to semi-decent.

We are in quite serious trouble now.

Otis

Rotherham, Derby, Forest, Wednesday - These teams are all winning games. Look at the form graph:

View attachment 18611

Bear in mind we've got just 7 points from a possible 18 in what was regarded as quite a winnable set of fixtures, compared to the set of fixtures coming up, where most people are expecting very little. Although I did find it extremely bizarre when some were saying draws against the shitter teams were fine. The dynamic factors are not just us playing harder or easier teams, it is the teams in and around us that have somehow gone from relegation fodder to semi-decent.

We are in quite serious trouble now.
I don't see that. We COULD be in serious trouble, but I wouldn't say we are yet.

Starting to look over or shoulders for sure, but there are so many games to go and these teams below us, I really can't see them all keep picking up points.

Derby were starting to do really well. That was a shocking result for them tonight.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Everyone upto and including luton can still get dragged into this
We let him go, by leaving out in the cold. No one is going to leave their player on loan somewhere they are being left out the squad. Had he been in the squad and not the 6 loanee left out of the squad he wouldn't have been recalled. Ergo we let him go.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You can try and spin it however you like. We didn't let him go, he was recalled.

AFCCOVENTRY

Big blow for Derby. Star man.

Wayne Rooney has confirmed that Derby County’s Krystian Bielik has suffered damage to the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why do you think scoring goals is a bigger problem than our defending?
We're 17th on goals scored we're 22nd on goals conceded.

1612391555704.png

We conceded a lot more goals earlier on in the season.

Since we beat Rotherham (11 games ago), we have scored 8 goals. We failed to score in 6 of those games. We seem to struggle to come from behind.

I think if we were a bit better in front of goal, the conceded goals would go down. Our heads wouldn't drop and the dynamics of the games would be different. Considering yesterday was the first time we have gone ahead and lost this season, I would think that rings true.

I'm not trying to argue against you for saying there are massive concerns about conceding goals, there definitely is. I just think teams that struggle to score get relegated rather than ones simply with their back doors open.

higgs

Wayne Rooney has confirmed that Derby County’s Krystian Bielik has suffered damage to the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
Massive loss to them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Yes it's a bit tighter now but we're still 5/1 to get relegated. So those that are convinced we're down, stick £50 on for a free season ticket next year...

stupot07

Just seen Giles' goal tonight, really good goal
His goal against Middlesbrough was a good finish too. He was involved in the build up for the second tonight too. They are really raving about him on their fans forum.

cc84cov

His goal against Middlesbrough was a good finish too. He was involved in the build up for the second tonight too. They are really raving about him on their fans forum.

A few of us were on here too but most were in love with mccallum

Our best outlet early season robins couldn’t wait to get mccallum back in there lol

mark82

Big loss to us Giles, particularly as he's now contributing to a competitor. Can't blame Wolves, we weren't playing him enough.

Form of the teams below us is a concern. Think the likes of Birmingham, ourselves, Cardiff and Huddersfield who are in poor form really need to be looking over our shoulder.

cc84cov

Big loss to us Giles, particularly as he's now contributing to a competitor. Can't blame Wolves, we weren't playing him enough.

Form of the teams below us is a concern. Think the likes of Birmingham, ourselves, Cardiff and Huddersfield who are in poor form really need to be looking over our shoulder.
The only person to blame for him going was robins

On the form subject our top scorer is a CDM on 5 goals

rexo87

He makes a huge difference to their side. Could be very bad for them from here on in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

He makes a huge difference to their side. Could be very bad for them from here on in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I said this at the weekend when he got stretchered off. Massive blow to them, one of the best players in the league.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It seemed a bit strange that he kept playing McCallum, who in my opinion has been poor for a long while.

There were a few occasions where I think Oggy was saying he was a bit baffled as to why Giles wasn't getting game time.

Magwitch

I think not playing Giles further forward as an old type left winger was a mistake, but he’s gone now so let’s not harp on about him.
Not having our main strike force available is really hurting us, keep hearing Walker is back soon but no evidence of it yet suppose to have a calf strain hardly the most severe injury is it and even he is a bit of a rookie and yet to establish himself. No Godden is our big problem the longer he’s out the more our problem. We have no fox in the box.
i thought the other night despite losing we showed promise but we need more than that how many chances did we create I reckon one and we scored from it plenty of crosses headers from corners going close and a shot or two from distance we need seven wins and some draws from nineteen games minimum I reckon to survive we are looking at fifty five points, going to be tough.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think not playing Giles further forward as an old type left winger was a mistake, but he’s gone now so let’s not harp on about him.
Not having our main strike force available is really hurting us, keep hearing Walker is back soon but no evidence of it yet suppose to have a calf strain hardly the most severe injury is it and even he is a bit of a rookie and yet to establish himself. No Godden is our big problem the longer he’s out the more our problem. We have no fox in the box.
i thought the other night despite losing we showed promise but we need more than that how many chances did we create I reckon one and we scored from it plenty of crosses headers from corners going close and a shot or two from distance we need seven wins and some draws from nineteen games minimum I reckon to survive we are looking at fifty five points, going to be tough.
50 will be enough. 20 points from 19 games. 55 has only been needed once. Every team has spurts where they win a few.

I’m still convinced we’ll finish above QPR and Birmingham

clint van damme

View attachment 18613

We conceded a lot more goals earlier on in the season.

Since we beat Rotherham (11 games ago), we have scored 8 goals. We failed to score in 6 of those games. We seem to struggle to come from behind.

I think if we were a bit better in front of goal, the conceded goals would go down. Our heads wouldn't drop and the dynamics of the games would be different. Considering yesterday was the first time we have gone ahead and lost this season, I would think that rings true.

I'm not trying to argue against you for saying there are massive concerns about conceding goals, there definitely is. I just think teams that struggle to score get relegated rather than ones simply with their back doors open.

I would quite happily see us returning to what we were doing during that decent run when people were still moaning about a lack of goals but we were picking up points at a rate that was good enough to guarantee survival.
I think that might be what happens.

stevefloyd

It seemed a bit strange that he kept playing McCallum, who in my opinion has been poor for a long while.

There were a few occasions where I think Oggy was saying he was a bit baffled as to why Giles wasn't getting game time.
I agree at times McCallum looks shell shocked the same with Shipley and too a lesser extent theres cracks building in Hyam but at the same time we have Allen who scored in his last cameo for us and don't get a look in while out of form players do...bizarre

clint van damme

Probably. Wycombe next 5 games are against Forest, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Derby and Millwall. If they're gonna get out of it they'll need to get some wins from those games.

if we're going to get out of it they'll need to get some wins from those games!!

Otis

Rotherham are on form. A month ago they were off form.

A month ago we were on form. Now we're off form.

We'll come back. Second half on Tues we were pretty good, play like that and we'll be fine
Stop being sensible and start going into full on panic mode right now, this very second. We lost one game we should have probably won and now everything is black.

Barnsley

I hope Rotherham stay up, they need to win their next three games to stand a chance in my opinion.

Millwall are drawing too many games, Birmingham are due a change of manager, QPR could end up going bust. Derby desperately need to beat us on Saturday otherwise I think they’ll crumble. And Forest are scabs .

Users who are viewing this thread