Tommy Robinson (5 Viewers)

Astute

That's because race, sexual orientation and gender are not choices; they are inalienable characteristics. In contrast, religion IS a choice. You can choose to follow a stupid religious book written thousands of years ago by savages. Or you can choose to grow up and get an education.
I am Atheist yet totally disagree with you.

So what if someone wants to believe in a God? So what if they want to read a bible or similar?

As long as their religion causes no harm to anyone why is it a problem? I don't expect anyone to have a go at me for not being a believer. But it is the same the other way round. Some people have their lives enhanced when they find God. Some people have their lives enhanced when they lose their belief in God.

Nobody has the right to say what is right or wrong.

Sky Blue Pete

So what if someone wants to believe in a God? So what if they want to read a bible or similar?

As long as their religion causes no harm to anyone why is it a problem? I don't expect anyone to have a go at me for not being a believer. But it is the same the other way round. Some people have their lives enhanced when they find God. Some people have their lives enhanced when they lose their belief in God.

Bless you astute

tommydazzle

That's because race, sexual orientation and gender are not choices; they are inalienable characteristics. In contrast, religion IS a choice. You can choose to follow a stupid religious book written thousands of years ago by savages. Or you can choose to grow up and get an education.
Absolutely correct.

dancers lance

I can't think of a religion that hasn't caused harm?

Captain Dart

The average salary in the UK is£27,600.3 The General Secretary of the National Association of Head Teachers was paid £133,948 more than this. Paul Kenny and Tim roach at GMB were paid £263,000 between them last year.

dancers lance

You say that like religion is an exclusive club. You also ignore the good it does.
I don't consider most religions as an exclusive club, I consider them more as a death cult. I bet you can't name one good deed performed because of religion that a person can't do because they lack religion. However, you could name thousands of horrible, vile, brutal things that have been undertaken by people because of religion.

skybluetony176

I don't consider most religions as an exclusive club, I consider them more as a death cult. I bet you can't name one good deed performed because of religion that a person can't do because they lack religion. However, you could name thousands of horrible, vile, brutal things that have been undertaken by people because of religion.

Equally you can’t name one bad deed performed by religion that hasn’t been done by a person who has a lack of religion. I could also name thousands of horrible, vile, brutal things that have been undertaken by people without faith.

dancers lance

Equally you can’t name one bad deed performed by religion that hasn’t been done by a person who has a lack of religion. I could also name thousands of horrible, vile, brutal things that have been undertaken by people without faith.
Erm..... atheists haven't flown passenger planes into the world trade center, hacked children's genitalia to bits, crucified anyone, thrown homosexuals off buildings, cut peoples heads off, burned women as witches, or have they?

Westendlad

Course it's all about money. Suckers fall for it and send them their hard earned.

They will all be on here soon calling you names for pointing out the obvious. Same thick c*nts that fell for his sob story when he was inside.
. How is this site funded ?

skybluetony176

Erm..... atheists haven't flown passenger planes into the world trade center, hacked children's genitalia to bits, crucified anyone, thrown homosexuals off buildings, cut peoples heads off, burned women as witches, or have they?

The Oklahoma bombing, non religious terrorist attack. FGM is cultural not religious and has more to do with the control of women, fact is the practice was carried out in the countries it happens long before anyone thought about practicing religion. Homosexuals have been persecuted for centuries and by every group imaginable religious or otherwise. There has been plenty of countries who enforce state atheism and still commit atrocities, a good example is the killing fields of Cambodia. The Soviet Union is another, many communist countries promote state atheism and carry out the atrocities you talk about. Russia is still very homophobic and persecute LGBT. They’re not even protected by hate laws.

dancers lance

The Oklahoma bombing, non religious terrorist attack. FGM is cultural not religious and has more to do with the control of women, fact is the practice was carried out in the countries it happens long before anyone thought about practicing religion. Homosexuals have been persecuted for centuries and by every group imaginable religious or otherwise. There has been plenty of countries who enforce state atheism and still commit atrocities, a good example is the killing fields of Cambodia. The Soviet Union is another, many communist countries promot
The Oklahoma bombing, non religious terrorist attack. FGM is cultural not religious and has more to do with the control of women, fact is the practice was carried out in the countries it happens long before anyone thought about practicing religion. Homosexuals have been persecuted for centuries and by every group imaginable religious or otherwise. There has been plenty of countries who enforce state atheism and still commit atrocities, a good example is the killing fields of Cambodia. The Soviet Union is another, many communist countries promote state atheism and carry out the atrocities you talk about. Russia is still very homophobic and persecute LGBT. They’re not even protected by hate laws.
The atrocities in Cambodia and the Soviet Union didn't occur because of atheism. Casting aside all religious belief was part of the greater communist ideology as it was considered a construct created by the elite to control the masses.

skybluetony176

The atrocities in Cambodia and the Soviet Union didn't occur because of atheism. Casting aside all religious belief was part of the greater communist ideology as it was considered a construct created by the elite to control the masses.

Part of their idealism was atheism. It’s the same idealism that led directly to the killing fields. You cannot separate the two.

dancers lance

Part of their idealism was atheism. It’s the same idealism that led directly to the killing fields. You cannot separate the two.
I can, it had nothing to do with the lack of belief in a religion or deity and everything to do with paranoia and control.

Astute

I can't think of a religion that hasn't caused harm?
It is the person and not religion. Devout Muslims are very peaceful. They spend most of their time in prayer or thinking of their religion. But if you believed what you read you would think all Muslims are terrorists.

If all Muslims are terrorists I must be a bad person as Stalin was also Atheist.

If the truth needs to come out there is a better chance of someone believing in a God being a lawful person as they have something to fear. Someone without a religion or religious beliefs has nothing to fear in that way.

The Muslims you seem to be talking about are not Muslims. They do not follow their faith. IIRC the Zabur is the original teaching but the Quran is the most used these days. Causing harm has nothing to do with practicing Muslims. I used to have serious debates with others of all faiths when we were stoned to the bone. We could say what we wanted as nobody was ever in a fit state to do anything. I found it so revealing. It is surprising how close most religions are.

Astute

clint van damme

at you Christopher Hitchens!!

skybluetony176

Following the flying planes into buildings comment I’ve been doing some light reading on terrorist attacks and in America you’re more likely to be killed by a white suprematist (regardless of if you’re black or white) than a religious terrorist. In fact pre 9/11 the worst terrorist attacks were all white suprematist and the same since.

Sky Blue Pete

It is the person and not religion. Devout Muslims are very peaceful. They spend most of their time in prayer or thinking of their religion. But if you believed what you read you would think all Muslims are terrorists.

If all Muslims are terrorists I must be a bad person as Stalin was also Atheist.

If the truth needs to come out there is a better chance of someone believing in a God being a lawful person as they have something to fear. Someone without a religion or religious beliefs has nothing to fear in that way.

The Muslims you seem to be talking about are not Muslims. They do not follow their faith. IIRC the Zabur is the original teaching but the Quran is the most used these days. Causing harm has nothing to do with practicing Muslims. I used to have serious debates with others of all faiths when we were stoned to the bone. We could say what we wanted as nobody was ever in a fit state to do anything. I found it so revealing. It is surprising how close most religions are.
And how close most humans are too astute

Users who are viewing this thread