Tom Flanagan (3 Viewers)

Garryb80

Im trying to prove that signing someone who was dog shit and ridiculed in league 1, even as back up for a championship campaign is strange and not a good use of our reportedly limited resources.

Especially with Drysdale and Pask waiting in the wings
Marosi started last season as back up for Doncaster and most said he was no good. By your amazing logic that means he should be shit.....do you ever make your own opinion or do you just ask others all the time?

Garryb80

A manager like Mark Robins (and his coaching team) improves players, I have faith in their choices.
Apparently not. Saddlebrains read that if someone is perceived to be shit at another club we shouldn't sign them. Despite them playing championship games before and having more experience than 2 of our back 3 already

Marty

Just watch the highlights of our games against Sunderland to see how bad Flanagan is. Indecisive, poor positionally, slow, weak in the tackle. Bailey Wright from Bristol City who was on loan at Sunderland last season is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.

mr_monkey

For Northern Ireland soo not that good of whatever amount of games he played

Like George best and David healy were shit just because they were northern Irish and I suppose Ryan giggs and Gareth bale are shit because they play for Wales

Obviously not comparing his ability to any of the above, just more at the sweeping generalisation made ;)

Last edited:

mr_monkey

Just watch the highlights of our games against Sunderland to see how bad Flanagan is. Indecisive, poor positionally, slow, weak in the tackle. Bailey Wright from Bristol City who was on loan at Sunderland last season is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.

But again just judging a player on a couple of games, I'm sure the sides we played at the start of the season where mcfadzen made some mistakes would say he was shit when we all know is isn't

How about if a player joins then we have faith in our recruitment team who have a damn good record and judge a player on how he plays for us rather than having a rant before he has even pulled on a shirt

Magwitch

Bullshit

skyblueelephant76

Wright has only played 24 games in the past two years. He only played 5 times for Sunderland before getting injured. He's not the sort of player we should be looking at.

SBAndy

Wright has only played 24 games in the past two years. He only played 5 times for Sunderland before getting injured. He's not the sort of player we should be looking at.

To be fair, it seems he didn’t play at Bristol City out of preference as opposed to injury.

Saddlebrains

Marosi started last season as back up for Doncaster and most said he was no good. By your amazing logic that means he should be shit.....do you ever make your own opinion or do you just ask others all the time?

Talking out your arse Marosi was first choice at Donny for a start. Look at the general consensus on this thread. A good 3/4 hoping we don't go near him. If you're happy with mediocre league 1 defenders for a pop at championship survival, who by the way his own fans constantly say how shite he is, then thats your perogative.

Marty

Talking out your arse Marosi was first choice at Donny for a start. Look at the general consensus on this thread. A good 3/4 hoping we don't go near him. If you're happy with mediocre league 1 defenders for a pop at championship survival, who by the way his own fans constantly say how shite he is, then thats your perogative.

It's going to be a long hard season if Flanagan is the best we can do.

Magwitch

For a start our interest in Tom Flanagan at the moment is just paper talk, perhaps if you sent a contact number to Mark Robins so if this rumour becomes more realistic he might contact you for you expertise advice, I wonder what your opinion was of MacFadzeen when he signed this time last year I remember plenty of negativity to it at the time.

Skybluefaz

Marosi was second choice at Donny then their first choice got injured. I'm sure this is true.

Saddlebrains

For a start our interest in Tom Flanagan at the moment is just paper talk, perhaps if you sent a contact number to Mark Robins so if this rumour becomes more realistic he might contact you for you expertise advice, I wonder what your opinion was of MacFadzeen when he signed this time last year I remember plenty of negativity to it at the time.

Mcfadz was a great signing, the experience amd ariel presence needed.

Evo1883

All I'm going to say on signings is that I've seen players at City who were supposed to be shit, David mcgoldrick springs to mind that turned out great... It's alot to do with players around them and coaching .. I'm willing to trust Robins and his staff over the people on here and social media...That's where I stand tbh

Skybluefaz

Played 36 games in his last season for Donny, deffo first choice
It seems like him and Lawlor had quite a good battle for the number one spot tbf. I see Marko started off the season as the starting keeper. I remember their fans at the time kind of shrugging off him moving though as they considered Lawlor to be better. He had the number 1 jersey. Marosi will hopefully be starting in goal for us in the championship in that is what matters.

Evo1883

Mcfadz was one of our better players this season, took a few players like dabo, Walsh and fadz a few games to really get into their stride this season... Once they did... We won league 1

SkyBlueScottie

Look at Sunderland fans reactions. They say hes shit. As walsall did with baka. The people that watch him every week can wait to see the back of him in the league below us ffs.

No one on here seems particularly enthused either. I suppose you think Kastaneer is still going to turn into Messi n all
I would rather trust the opinions of our recruitment team, than a bunch of any fans.

Evo1883

I just read the Sunderland fans forum about him, they sound exactly like we used to when we thought we were too big for league 1 and 2 and used to fail season after season... They still think they should be getting Premier league level defenders through the door.
I can't take their opinion seriously on this I'm afraid, it might not even happen for starters

Grendel

Played 36 games in his last season for Donny, deffo first choice

Ian lawlor had the number 1 shirt and was first choice but was injured early in the season

Last edited:

Marty

It will be if we’re relying on Pask and Drysdale as 4th and 5th choice but it’s ok they looked alright when in their 3 games at league one for us

You do realize there are other players available, it's not Flanagan or nothing, you know that?

Gibbo

It's going to be a long hard season if Flanagan is the best we can do.
It is going to be a long hard season full stop. And was always bound to be so.

I also wonder that only Rose, of the current back three, has the requisite pace. Hyam wasn't quick even in League 2 (look at the third Yeovil goal in the 2-6).

Robins does like buying lots of centre halves. Flanagan looks like useful back up for a 60 match season.

Users who are viewing this thread