Tom Davis (1 Viewer)

rob9872

The difficulty could be the timing. Other games only 3 days apart and not enough time for charge and appeal, so we shouldn't be treated any differently simply because we have 6 days between. I would certainly cite that as part of any appeal process and difficult for them to impose unless 100% certain and whatever your view there is definitely a grey area regards intent.

Otis

The difficulty could be the timing. Other games only 3 days apart and not enough time for charge and appeal, so we shouldn't be treated any differently simply because we have 6 days between. I would certainly cite that as part of any appeal process and difficult for them to impose unless 100% certain and whatever your view there is definitely a grey area regards intent.
Might mean him being unavailable for the final though if we appeal.

chiefdave

From the FA player handbook:
RETROSPECTIVE ACTION
• Please note that The FA has the power to take retrospective action for sending off offences which were not witnessed by the Match Officials.
• Players run the risk of being banned retrospectively particularly where such an incident is caught on camera.
• The FA may take action even where an incident has been witnessed or acted upon by Match Officials in very serious or unusual cases. In such circumstances lengthy bans may result.

Otis

From the FA player handbook:
RETROSPECTIVE ACTION
• Please note that The FA has the power to take retrospective action for sending off offences which were not witnessed by the Match Officials.
• Players run the risk of being banned retrospectively particularly where such an incident is caught on camera.
• The FA may take action even where an incident has been witnessed or acted upon by Match Officials in very serious or unusual cases. In such circumstances lengthy bans may result.
'Caught on camera.'

Doesn't say owt about live TV does it. ;)

Grendel

'Caught on camera.'

Doesn't say owt about live TV does it. ;)

I did have a link from an article which I can’t now find that explained why it’s the case that action only occurs after a live TV game. They quoted I think one very bad incident which was an exception - research it and find any cases where a non live game has led to action. It never ever happens.

bawtryneal

I am talking about the word stamp. He trod on him, he didn't stamp.

I agree it was not a stamp
I think he deliberately stood on him, he could have avoided his leg if has chosen to.
Big difference between a stamp and what Davies did.
However. I bet he gets banned. Harsh lesson for a young player
Have a bad feeling about it.
Good job we have cover in Willis and McDonald

Otis

I agree it was not a stamp
I think he deliberately stood on him, he could have avoided his leg if has chosen to.
Big difference between a stamp and want Davies did.
However. I bet he gets banned. Harsh lesson for a young player
Have a bad feeling about it.
Good job we have cover in Willis and McDonald
I think Willis can ably cover, though I would say Davies is the better player of the two.

ccfcricoh

stamp or no stamp - i'm not sure we could argue if they said the kicking out should have been a red on its own...

If that was other way round we'd be shouting for it.

He lost his head a bit and i think it'll mean he misses Friday unfortunately.

Agree about all the comments though that it has happened to us a lot this season and this is the first time we have really reacted, but doesnt excuse it

Sky Blue Pete

Travesty and I hope city take it as a huge inspiration to fight for the win if he’s banned! THE stuff they’ve got away with all season. Would be far more unjust than the penalty

wingy

So he's been charged and can appeal and review panel will look, then come to a conclusion.
Shouldn't they view it before changing him ?

Gazolba

Person A: "I saw him do it". Person B: "I disagree".

Liquid Gold

For a charge to follow the decision must be unanimous. So they are reviewing it but not said he's guilty of anything yet. Surely there is enough doubt in there for 1 of them to say it wasn't a red card offence.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would make a stance on this and next season appeal for everything no matter how trivial and totally waste the time of the appeals panel. I would also appeal that Forte swung an arm in the other incident and try for a ban for him.

wingy

For a charge to follow the decision must be unanimous. So they are reviewing it but not said he's guilty of anything yet. Surely there is enough doubt in there for 1 of them to say it wasn't a red card offence.
A too panel of former officials will now review the footage and detrrmine whether it incurs a ban?

Notts Man

he was never going to get away with it ,,, complete idiot

FA Spokesperson‏@FAspokesperson 54m54 minutes ago

[1/2] Coventry City’s Tom Davies has been charged with violent conduct following a 21st minute incident in Saturday’s game against Notts County [12/05/18]. It was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. He has until 6pm on Tuesday [15/05/18] to respond.

Terry Gibson's perm

Extra match ban on appeals not overturned I think

No I mean in any game next year when we play put in complaints about any little incident just to waste their time, also if we appeal this one how long does the process take as the ban may end up into next season instead

Liquid Gold

A too panel of former officials will now review the footage and detrrmine whether it incurs a ban?
If it's former prem refs then we're screwed, any contact in that league is a foul but we've just been through a season of our players being assaulted every game and got nothing. It would be a joke if we were now being punished.

Grendel

I think he meant appeal for every time we get roughed up in games. The FA would either be dealing with 20 things a week, sort their refs out or let things slide.

You really talk bollocks

Terry Gibson's perm

he was never going to get away with it ,,, complete idiot

FA Spokesperson‏@FAspokesperson 54m54 minutes ago

[1/2] Coventry City’s Tom Davies has been charged with violent conduct following a 21st minute incident in Saturday’s game against Notts County [12/05/18]. It was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. He has until 6pm on Tuesday [15/05/18] to respond.

Not surprised it was missed he missed most things and the decisions he made he got wrong like the blatant block on Mcnulty which he gave the other way

Mucca Mad Boys

We may as well appeal it. If we don't, he misses the next game and the final if we get there.

What an arbitrary decision. If this was a normal league fixture nothing would have happened. It's a sham trial of public opinion.

wingy

It shouldn't really make too much difference .
We're well covered and apart from two or three games across the season the other three haven't been exposed .
Assume the worst is happening and focus on what is within control.
No need wasting nervous energy here.

Londonccfcfan

Hes been charged. I did think at the time thats plain stupid by him. quite frankly he deserves it. just a shame as hes been playing so well. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come from him in future as his discipline has been questionable on few occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread