Tom Davis (3 Viewers)

mark82

I'm still not sure he meant it, seemed to be in natural stride but the glance down does look bad. Suspect he gets banned but I've seen worse go unpunished.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm still not sure he meant it, seemed to be in natural stride but the glance down does look bad. Suspect he gets banned but I've seen worse go unpunished.

Meh, in the grand scheme of things, we did nick a penalty, that shouldn’t have been, which levelled a game, and I believe, has kept us the tie.

Big loss though, I thought Davies was our best player on Saturday. Willis and Hyam will be able to cope. We need to score first.

eastwoodsdustman

Sky have thing going for the Notts county manager as ‘he’s one of theirs’ playing in the premier league for so long. As soon as he starts asking the question then they’re all over it and the league have to act. It’s rotten after seeing most teams tactics week in week out. I hope we smash em with a 94th minute winner on Friday. He’s a whinging prick and I really hope he gets his comeuppance on Friday and we piss all over the sky wankathon.

Sick Boy

Surprised it took so long for some to realise there was intent behind it, I used to do it to wind players up in Sunday league but would always apologise ;)

steve82

So if we assume he will be banned would you use one of Willis/McDonald with Hyam, or drop Hyam and use Willis and McDonald as a pair. I'd be inclined to play them both as I think they compliment eachother.

Willis and Hyam. Hyam doesn't deserve to be dropped and McDonald has been very rocky of late.

This is a tricky call. For me it’s who you partner with Hyam who is the closest we’ve got to Davies should a ban be given after his appeal.

I’ve concerns over both Willis and Mcdonald. Willis has pace to get out of jail but has been exposed a few times this season by a target man but has also contained some and is in much better form than Mcdonald who’s looked well off the pace we seen in the first 3 months.
Secondly with Hyam the back line needs a leader that Davies brings to the side. Willis doesn’t have that leadership qualities and McDonnald has not really shown this either. However Mcdonald if he turns up might just be the physical presence we need to cover with a likely front two Stead and Ameobi but his head seems elsewhere lately. MR would be putting a lot of faith in him.

It’s very likely if MR is forced to make a decision it will be Willis who’s been consistent since December and Hyam, but it’s a tough call to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob9872

Put Willis at right back and drop Grimmer
I'm really struggling to understand all the criticism of Grimmer over the past couple of days. He made a mistake for the goal, but their full back did well and read the conditions better - it happens. He's had a great season and been really consistent (can't cross for toffee mind :) ) and I have 100% confidence in him for Friday. I don't know your situation W'shire lad, so not a direct criticism of you, but do wonder how many games some have been to that have a pop at a regular 7 or 8 out of 10.

Otis

Sorry may have missed it - but is Davis definitely out for Friday then?
No, but we have to assume he is.

Can't see an innocent plea being accepted.

What's his defence?

He looks down and then steps on Duffy and then doesn't look back or apologise, so if he didn't mean it he has done himself no favours at all there.

Surely we are all now certain it's a ban aren't we?

coop

Yes if he had turned straight round and apologies then there's no case but as we all can see he doesn't.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm really struggling to understand all the criticism of Grimmer over the past couple of days. He made a mistake for the goal, but their full back did well and read the conditions better - it happens. He's had a great season and been really consistent (can't cross for toffee mind :) ) and I have 100% confidence in him for Friday. I don't know your situation W'shire lad, so not a direct criticism of you, but do wonder how many games some have been to that have a pop at a regular 7 or 8 out of 10.

Some fans expect Grimmer to be the next Cafu or Dani Alves!

Fact is he is one of the best attacking full backs in League 2! Yes League 2!! The 4th bloody division of English football.

Opposition teams are very wary of his bombarding runs going forward and sometimes his final ball into the box isn't great etc but he is very good for L2. He is young as well, so will only get better.

Nick

Administrator
What is there to say he is one of the best attacking full backs?

He has 2 league assists from the Cheltenham game and 1 league goal.

I'm by no means slating him, just that the stats don't really back it up.

Users who are viewing this thread