Tom Davis (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

The Sunday Times suggesting he could be banned for Friday second leg as the EFL will use video evidence for the alleged stamping.
Let's hope not as he was immense last night.

Warwickhunt

They would appeal against it hopefully which would delay it. If he had put full weight on it Duffy would not have got up as quick as he did! I find it laughable nowadays with players, you would have thought the player would have been rolling about the floor screaming in pain and at least getting the trainer and the the threat of a stretcher on the pitch consuming 3 or 4 minutes up.

Limey

They will review it with respect to intent rather than injury to player. Yes he landed on him but was he trying to jump over him?

larry_david

Did that fat twat matt rhead get retrospectively done for absolutely smashing shrews goalie in the efl trophy final? No. So shut up, move on and let's beat them Fri

Great_Expectations

Willis waiting in the wings though. More than adequate enough a replacement.

Unfortunately I really don’t think he is. Willis is a good L2/L1 CB, but he’s been bullied way too many times this year. He has different strengths to Davies.

In terms of the incident I can’t recall it at all for some reason. Is it in the highlights?

steve82

Be harsh to pull him up for it, wasn’t as nasty as some might think. I’m sure Duffy has done plenty of similar things.
Personally I think it’s good to see one of our own doing some of the darker arts to rattle the opposition.

Davies really showing he’s a top L2 defender of recent. Did he lose a header last night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul Anthony

Saw it last night didn't think it was that bad, in all honesty. Seeing it again it looked a bit worse than first viewing but I'm still not sure you could prove it was intentional.

D

Deleted member 4439

Duffy is not claiming it was intentional or that there was fierce contact. His statement suggests he accepts it may have been accidental. As has been said, Davies did not look down when he put down to move off.

Nick

Administrator
It’s a red card
It's not as bad as made out during the game after seeing it.

It's no worse than Doyle being punched in the back of the head against cheltenham or the multiple other things that have gone against us.

It doesn't look as if be puts much weight on it compared to a full on stamp trying to injure.

Paul Anthony

I'll stick by what I've already said. I do not believe you could prove there was intent there. It's hardly Rooney stamping on Ronaldo's gonads. Sky Blue glasses or not, that would be a harsh ban.

Otis

Rhead never got a ban for that shocking assault on the Shrewsbury keeper in the Checkatrade final.

And guess what, it was live on TV.

That was 10 times worse than Davis last night.

Otis

It's not as bad as made out during the game after seeing it.

It's no worse than Doyle being punched in the back of the head against cheltenham or the multiple other things that have gone against us.

It doesn't look as if be puts much weight on it compared to a full on stamp trying to injure.
Not a stamp. People need to look up the word.

He trod on him. He certainly didn't stamp.

Ref sees it, yep, a red card, but I am not convinced he will be banned.

Looked deliberate, but I think there is room for doubt. Wasn't blatant. He was being quite cunning if he meant it.

Users who are viewing this thread