Today’s games (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

The manager picks the players, and the manager decides who he signs.

Yes, Biamou isn't good enough, but it isn't like he chooses to pick himself and play up front alone. For me the tactics have been way off this season - I actually wasn't surprised when we made no changes at half time against QPR for example - because it has become so obvious what Robins does. He doesn't react either.

We signed Gyokeres in January and after scoring he got dropped. I cannot understand why he was benched for so long because I actually think he is half-decent. Our tool shed might be limited, but you have to use what's in it. I hope we stay up, and I am praying we do, but I am not happy with management this season. We have been ridiculously unprofessional.

We’re in a tricky spot with Robins as he is more effective getting us up from L1 than staying in this league. But if you sacked him after survival it would be a harder sell than keeping him after a needless relegation. I assume the board has discussed both eventualities but I really don’t know the answer.

shmmeee

The manager picks the players, and the manager decides who he signs.

Yes, Biamou isn't good enough, but it isn't like he chooses to pick himself and play up front alone. For me the tactics have been way off this season - I actually wasn't surprised when we made no changes at half time against QPR for example - because it has become so obvious what Robins does. He doesn't react either.

We signed Gyokeres in January and after scoring he got dropped. I cannot understand why he was benched for so long because I actually think he is half-decent. Our tool shed might be limited, but you have to use what's in it. I hope we stay up, and I am praying we do, but I am not happy with management this season. We have been ridiculously unprofessional.

Robins has said Walker and Györkeres only became match fit a few games back. Both had COVID and we don’t know how it’s affected them. It’s clear he rates Walker more highly at least considering he chased him for two years then made him the marquee signing.

I think the bigger problem has been the insistence on one up front. Once you’ve made that choice and don’t have Godden available sadly Max is probably your best choice.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We’re in a tricky spot with Robins as he is more effective getting us up from L1 than staying in this league. But if you sacked him after survival it would be a harder sell than keeping him after a needless relegation. I assume the board has discussed both eventualities but I really don’t know the answer.

I just hope if we stay up, then we can build on it for next season.

I always thought this year would be sticky, but watching it unfold I have been pretty underwhelmed. I'm quite disappointed we are where we are given how the games have gone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Robins has said Walker and Györkeres only became match fit a few games back. Both had COVID and we don’t know how it’s affected them. It’s clear he rates Walker more highly at least considering he chased him for two years then made him the marquee signing.

I think the bigger problem has been the insistence on one up front. Once you’ve made that choice and don’t have Godden available sadly Max is probably your best choice.

When was Györkeres supposedly unfit though? It doesn't really add up, and sounds like an excuse to be honest. Not having a pop at you of course, but some of the decisions this season have baffled me. Starting with Shipley and Allen recently was mental.

CCFCSteve

Still trying to get my head around QPR pick shit team and get beat by Rotherham, SBT goes into meltdown and starts slagging off various City players 😂

Maybe better to do this once the seasons done and we know where we’ve ended up. But if the worst comes to the worst and we go down, it won’t be a single players fault, it will be a majority of the team and manager who haven’t done the business over the season (which still currently has six games to go !) Hopefully it won’t come to that though

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Still trying to get my head around QPR pick shit team and get beat by Rotherham, SBT goes into meltdown and starts slagging off various City players 😂

Maybe better to do this once the seasons done and we know where we’ve ended up. But if the worst comes to the worst and we go down, it won’t be a single players fault, it will be a majority of the team and manager who haven’t done the business over the season (which still currently has six games to go !) Hopefully it won’t come to that though

I guess you could say (regardless of which QPR turned up), when we played them we were a disgrace. Rotherham play them and at least put up a fight. That's what annoys me the most. I'm not surprised the senior players called a meeting after that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I just hope if we stay up, then we can build on it for next season.

I always thought this year would be sticky, but watching it unfold I have been pretty underwhelmed. I'm quite disappointed we are where we are given how the games have gone.

We have approached games with a lot of fear and lack of self belief, which you can probably trace back to the tough start we had. Since then we have actually hit the right formula for a few games then gone back into a shell. Barnsley have shown if you have faith in one way of playing and excel in it, you might occasionally get a beating off a superior side but more often than not you’ll cause problems.

If we stay up I really think we could build a side around the 5-3-2 if we committed to it. If we go down there is little knowing how long it would take to get back.

SBAndy

When was Györkeres supposedly unfit though? It doesn't really add up, and sounds like an excuse to be honest. Not having a pop at you of course, but some of the decisions this season have baffled me. Starting with Shipley and Allen recently was mental.

He didn’t look fit when coming on as a sub for a good while. The decision to play Shipley and Allen you’re right though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We have approached games with a lot of fear and lack of self belief, which you can probably trace back to the tough start we had. Since then we have actually hit the right formula for a few games then gone back into a shell. Barnsley have shown if you have faith in one way of playing and excel in it, you might occasionally get a beating off a superior side but more often than not you’ll cause problems.

If we stay up I really think we could build a side around the 5-3-2 if we committed to it. If we go down there is little knowing how long it would take to get back.

The Brentford performance should have been the catalyst in my view.

We played so well, without fear, and just had a go at them. The pressing in that game was great, and to be honest, I don't think they were expecting it.

After that (as you say), we went back into our shell. The negativity was really frustrating.

Brighton Sky Blue

We played so well, without fear, and just had a go at them. The pressing in that game was great, and to be honest, I don't think they were expecting it.

After that (as you say), we went back into our shell. The negativity was really frustrating.

It was there against Reading too, getting in their faces, getting the ball up quickly and we didn’t really give them a sniff despite having won nearly every game up to then. Then we narrowly lost at Forest (because of Max) and Watford (because of O’Hare’s handball) and went back into stodge.

Points were then rescued at Derby and Norwich after we went 2 up also. It’s been clear for so much of the season

shmmeee

Going off this, which on second reading isn’t clear TBH

“ Asked if it’s been a frustrating time for the Sweden international, the City boss said: “Yes, and I feel for him.

“He spent the first half of the season at Swansea and didn’t play too many games and that catches up with you a little bit. But he looks like he’s ready to take part.”

But he did have COVID at Swansea like I say.

But yeah agree, I think Shipley and Allen were an attempt to recapture last season a bit, which was ridiculous TBH, but Allen has looked OK and Shipley has only ever looked decent IMO playing off Godden, so I can kind of see it.

But the whole obsession with one up, the mess of a midfield for half a season, and generally not setting up to get at teams when we’ve shown we can cause teams problems are all down to Robins IMO. If he hasn’t got faith in his players and we aren’t about to go out and buy a new squad he needs to sort himself out or make way for someone who can work under the constraints we’ve got sadly.

Sky Blue Harry H

Brentford were happy to try and be Brazil at the back on our then dodgy pitch. Rotherham will just kick it to the other end of the pitch for a big lump to get on the end of it, and play off him. If we send half our team up to try and press them, we'll get caught out at the back. Fine to push up when we've got the ball though. On a side note, Rotherham's pitch looked in decent nick, so should allow for some passing football.

Brighton Sky Blue

Brentford were happy to try and be Brazil at the back on our then dodgy pitch. Rotherham will just kick it to the other end of the pitch for a big lump to get on the end of it, and play off him. If we send half our team up to try and press them, we'll get caught out at the back. Fine to push up when we've got the ball though. On a side note, Rotherham's pitch looked in decent nick, so should allow for some passing football.

QPR made a total mess of playing from the back against them. We should repeat what we did against Rotherham at home, they don’t look like they’ve learned their lessons from that one.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I know what you mean, but my analysis was more about us going at them, without being scared of losing. Tactics are obviously dynamic, but in that game I saw us play without shackles and it was refreshing. We did it at times last season, but this year it has been a rarity. Certain games (Blues, Derby, Forest) we have been happy to walk away with a point on every occasion. It's hard to know how we would have done this season if we had played with a bit less fear, but it feels like when we have, it has perhaps returned something.

PVA

I guess you could say (regardless of which QPR turned up), when we played them we were a disgrace. Rotherham play them and at least put up a fight. That's what annoys me the most. I'm not surprised the senior players called a meeting after that.

But you can’t just look at games in isolation like that.

Just a week ago Rotherham got dicked at home by Wycombe. Meanwhile we were beating Bristol City. It’s not a case of them putting up more of a fight than us.

no_loyalty

Does anybody know why those cheating bastards Rotherham are not playing the rearranged fixtures in the same order as they were originally cancelled?

cov donkey kick

The one thing I don't get here is the way players are constantly destroyed continually on different threads I cant see why we all couldn't pick the bones out of the season when it ends and give our views then on all things the club.

oscillatewildly

The one thing I don't get here is the way players are constantly destroyed continually on different threads I cant see why we all couldn't pick the bones out of the season when it ends and give our views then on all things the club.
We'll be doing that also. Are you seriously suggesting we shouldn't be expressing our views after each game?
Instead just adding to 'Off Topic' and slagging off womens football?

Nick

Administrator
Baffles me sometimes how soft people are.

People will discuss the games that happen that week. The majority will just say if players are shit or good and who and why.

Do people really sit in the pub after a match saying how amazing everybody was during the game they had just watched?

Irish Sky Blue

Is there genuinely a post on here that says he’s the sole reason we’ll be relegated? I’ve not seen it.

He’s played a big part though but less of a part then the muppet who kept picking him
Can't wait to see the success we will have with Harris or Lowe.

Reactions: PVA

Irish Sky Blue

Is there genuinely a post on here that says he’s the sole reason we’ll be relegated? I’ve not seen it.

He’s played a big part though but less of a part then the muppet who kept picking him
If Robins is a muppet I wonder what that makes the other ten of eleven managers we have had since PL relegation.
Much sooner have a muppet who has produced 2 promotions and a cup win in 4 years than another of our merry go round managers.

Users who are viewing this thread