Tim Fisher (2 Viewers)

ecky

It's new in "the sympathy look"
Lend me some slack governor

ajsccfc

time to fall on your sword fisher,
let's face it your about as much use as a 1 legged man in an arse kicking contest

Zach_Gowen_1.jpg

Watch out for those guys.

RoboCCFC90

Fisher, Labovitch, Igwe, Ranson, Orange Ken and so on are all fall guys, that doesn't make them less a Giant pain in every fan's rear end, problem is as Fernando stated they're employed to run the Club for the owners and are paid to play a certain roll.

It's not a defence of any the names I mentioned above, but remember the likes of Fisher and Waggott at this moment in time are singing along to the Sisu tune.

fernandopartridge

I wouldn't necessarily argue with that, but your comment now insinuates he has to compromise his own personal morality due to the nature if his role; but you state you don't have an issue with him when he does that?!? The further to try and justify your original comment, the more unjustifiable it appears

If we're talking about morality, where does Pressley fit in? He's happily gone along with this Northampton move after all.....

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If we're talking about morality, where does Pressley fit in? He's happily gone along with this Northampton move after all.....

That's a side-step straight from the Grendel book of shift-and-move. If you want to discuss Pressley's morality, start a thread on it.

This is all about Fisher, and how he may or may not be faring in light of decisions he's 'masterminded' or 'fronted', depending upon your view. How he might now been feeling is therefore pertinent.

Hopw the hell Pressley feels isn't in any way a discussion point for this thread

rupert_bear

As chief executive officer Tim Fisher runs Coventry City Football Club on BEHALF of SISU. He and his board make the decisions, SISU back what he says. Infact recently Joy Sepalla admitted not knowing how a football club works and didn't even know a football club was part of the SISU portfolio until recently. She has only got personally involved I believe because her companys name was being dragged through Parliament. I suspect Joy Sepalla has sidelined Fisher who will be on a retainer or some sort of contract and once that expires may well become history.

edgy

I've heard from a good source that Fisher is a "good man" behind the scenes. Friendly and always approachable. Lightyears ahead from the likes of Onwe, Delieu and Co. who were awful.

Sterling Archer

You know what, having seen that I genuinely feel a bit sorry for the bloke.

All politics aside, he's still a human being - no one wants to be hated... surely he never meant it to go this way.

Its a good point to be fair.

After all is said and done, the bloke is just doing a job that he is paid for.

Seems as though that job is a sponge for all the seethe us Cov fans generate towards SISU.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I've heard from a good source that Fisher is a "good man" behind the scenes. Friendly and always approachable. Lightyears ahead from the likes of Onwe, Delieu and Co. who were awful.

That may be the case, but he wasn't too engaging at the forums, was he? I know it's a bear-pit, but that's to have been expected at the time they called them. But he came across as aloof, arrogant and condescending - at times when he wasn't being evasive. The fans opinion of his will largely be coloured by this interaction, which let's face it was all over the media, and the actions of the business he fronts

edgy

That may be the case, but he wasn't too engaging at the forums, was he? I know it's a bear-pit, but that's to have been expected at the time they called them. But he came across as aloof, arrogant and condescending - at times when he wasn't being evasive. The fans opinion of his will largely be coloured by this interaction, which let's face it was all over the media, and the actions of the business he fronts

Can't dispute that. Some people just have those apparent attributes though, unfortunately, that seem ten fold when under extreme pressure.

I do not envy his job in the slightest. No salary could cover the personal shit he gets for me.

shmmeee

did you go to the forums though? half the fans were stupid

next question please

SISU OUT

ok, someone else?

The forum I went to (second one?) had a mix of idiots and decent questions. Problem was when the decent questions were asked Linnell moved on after a non-answer and then spent 5 minutes on bollocks.

It was like the stadium forum meeting I went to where they spent 15 minutes discussing the fact that the ground can be expanded, despite everyone knowing that was the case. But again, when relevant questions were asked they were dodged.

They use the idiots as a convenient smoke screen IMO.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Can't dispute that. Some people just have those apparent attributes though, unfortunately, that seem ten fold when under extreme pressure.

I do not envy his job in the slightest. No salary could cover the personal shit he gets for me.

He should resign then, surely? Have you seen his CV on LinkedIn, or elsewhere; he's not going to struggle to get another role?!?

I disagree with so much that his employer has done, but would never wish ill health on anyone. Anyone doing so is worthy of contempt.

But to sit there and front the decimation of a football club just to pick up a salary cheque - if that is indeed how he feels - is just something I can't even begin to understand

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Why should he resign, if you don't like his tone from a forum?

I'm saying he should resign if he feels he's fronting a policy, or a number of polices he disagrees with. The starting point for this debate being FP saying he has no issue with Fisher, as he was only a front man.

My response being if he doesn't agree and he's shelved his morality to pick up a pay cheque and it's compromising his health; then resign.

If Fisher's fully behind what SISU are doing, then FP shouldn't be saying he has no issue with him - within this second context - he's happily administrating a sequence of events that's killing our football club

covcity4life

I'm saying he should resign if he feels he's fronting a policy, or a number of polices he disagrees with. The starting point for this debate being FP saying he has no issue with Fisher, as he was only a front man.

My response being if he doesn't agree and he's shelved his morality to pick up a pay cheque and it's compromising his health; then resign.

If Fisher's fully behind what SISU are doing, then FP shouldn't be saying he has no issue with him - within this second context - he's happily administrating a sequence of events that's killing our football club

or saving it for the future

a future without rent.

edgy

I think of it like in the case of a defence barrister, defending a client he know's guilty. It's their chosen career and they are paid well for it. They shouldn't resign should they?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Wait a minute, isn't that side stepping a side step :whistle:

No. It's saying that threads should stay on topic. Otherwise there's no point in having titles you can either subscribe to or not. Might as well call them all 'Coventry City miscellaneous' and allow anyone to post randomly as they see fit.

We're mostly English and favour order in our lives. That's why we like steak and chips, and the French like Ratatouille. You know how God likes things to be

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think of it like in the case of a defence barrister, defending a client he know's guilty. It's their chosen career and they are paid well for it. They shouldn't resign should they?

No. But that is a case of shelving morality in order to pick up a pay cheque. Your metaphor proves my point.

If someone does that - and far be it from me to judge - but they can't then be excluded from judgment just because they're acting on orders

LilleSkyBlue

[QUOTE/] We're mostly English and favour order in our lives. That's why we like steak and chips, and the French like Ratatouille. You know how God likes things to be[/QUOTE]

The French love the old 'steack-frites' and consider it a typical brasserie meal. English and vegetarian, I have always been substantially partial to a plate of ratatouille, even before moving to France.

By God I love order in my life though.

edit: how are you supposed to reply with quote and get the nice little blue box round the original quote?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

[QUOTE/] We're mostly English and favour order in our lives. That's why we like steak and chips, and the French like Ratatouille. You know how God likes things to be

The French love the old 'steack-frites' and consider it a typical brasserie meal. English and vegetarian, I have always been substantially partial to a plate of ratatouille, even before moving to France.

By God I love order in my life though.

edit: how are you supposed to reply with quote and get the nice little blue box round the original quote?[/QUOTE]

You want order in your grammatical life and you're living in France? Not a chance!

Gint11

Must be hard times for the poor fella, can't afford a razor blade, or maybe someones taken it off him. If the latter can you please give it back to him.

He's got one on order, be about 3 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread