TICKETS (5 Viewers)

Robinshio

i would imagine 13000 sths would not buy more than 20000 tickets - so if capacity of around 29000 with segregation and 1000 for hospitality etc, you have 8k left for general approx

Grendel

i would expect it to be the same if we get to wembley - albeit the reserved seats issue is the issue - these should be released when a STH uses their allocation elsewhere

Season ticket holders will definitely get two Wembley tickets

Mr King could look at offering premier club season tickets differently if we get through. He could offer two tickets to each of 18,000 season tickets - would mean all get sold through ST holders only

Evo1883

How many would we get at Wembley should we get there ?

I've heard conflicting

27000 , 33000 , 37000

pusbccfc

Where is the barrier, Pete? What blocks does it cut across?

The barrier is where block 9/10 is but we had Coventry fans in block 9 for the game against Gillingham.

We've sold tickets to Boro in Block 9. No idea why!
20230510_104317.jpg

Coventry fans were in Block 9 for this

olderskyblue

If people know anyone who was going down for general sale tomorrow please let them know enough frustration as it is.

In 1963 after we beat Sunderland on the Monday night they started selling tickets on Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 2hours earlier than advertised for FA Cup v Man Utd on the Saturday if memory serves me right sold out by 8:30 that night(44,000) admitedly straight sale no preferences .There was also no computers no moble phones but think tickets were limited to 4 per person .Thats what I call fantastic.
Pretty sure we paid on the gate

pusbccfc

I've just heard from a Boro fan that the reason our away tickets aren't on sale yet is that the two clubs are discussing upping the away allocations.

It seems like we'll be giving Boro blocks 6/7/8/9 which will be just over 3000.

Sky Blue Pete

I've just heard from a Boro fan that the reason our away tickets aren't on sale yet is that the two clubs are discussing upping the away allocations.

Bad move for home game
Excellent move for away

Grendel

That makes sense to be fair - a negotiating position

M&B Stand

Not giving much away

TBF They could’ve opened 13 for Blues game and chose not to, strangely justifying it with ‘4 and 5 holds more and we’ve opened that instead’.

I think with demand so unprecedented for this game, there will end up being a small line of segregation between the fans both sides.
If Doug’s worried about losing money with a few people on the kids ticket fiddle, he’s surely to god not gonna be happy with seats left netted off which could’ve sold for tens of thousands of pounds.
Have faith and give them a chance.

slowpoke

I was told there are issues in the concourse which restricts opening blocks 10/11 & 12 to home fans don’t know how true that is but if it is it’s something that needs looking at for the future the gap is ridiculous.

edgy

So looking at this recent pic, the concourse barrier must be between 11 & 10. So realistically, we could only have 13 and 12 opened up.

1683713513283.png

That barrier is killing us.

Hobo

I was told there are issues in the concourse which restricts opening blocks 10/11 & 12 to home fans don’t know how true that is but if it is it’s something that needs looking at for the future the gap is ridiculous.

Have heard the same. Don't know exact details. Segregating the seats not the issue but segregation on the concourse is problem and exits from the ground. I assume there will be H&S regs re how many exits per number of fans. Might be able to resolve but not this season. Who knows?

MalcSB

As Sky Blue Pete said earlier, it must be where the dark black line on the map is - between 9 and 10.

Edit - or not as the picture above suggests.

slowpoke

I’m sure there’s one just passed the steps on the bend, wouldn’t be a massive jobs to move it doing behind block 10 but I suppose toilets etc come into it, as said needs looking at, there’s not large gaps between rival fans at premier grounds.

Covcraig@bury

Surely it can’t be that hard to put a temporary barrier up in the concourse between 9-10 ? 4 rows of seats netted off with stewards down one side . This makes my piss boil , we should be behind both goals FFS

Sky Blue Pete

I’m sure there’s one just passed the steps on the bend, wouldn’t be a massive jobs to move it doing behind block 10 but I suppose toilets etc come into it, as said needs looking at, there’s not large gaps between rival fans at premier grounds.
That’s where the issue is under the seats not in the seats

MAFF

club should just come out and say that then rather than being coy

chiefdave

Ticket master will be the answer
The Ticketmaster back end system is not the most user friendly system in the world to be fair.

Having said that the vast majority of the issues we have are caused by the clubs choices over ticket distribution and / or the lack of clear instruction for people who aren’t good with tech.

when I have to reserve tickets with my membership at Edgbaston I get an email with step by step instructions. It’s not hard to preempt the majority of issues

Users who are viewing this thread