TICKETS (4 Viewers)

David O'Day

unless they have remodelled the concourse there is a movable barrier

if the concourse is the issue then how have we had both sets of fans in the same stand on multiple occasions

slowpoke

unless they have remodelled the concourse there is a movable barrier

if the concourse is the issue then how have we had both sets of fans in the same stand on multiple occasions
Good question I sat a fair way round towards the goal when we played Chelsea in the cup, in fact quite near the Chelsea lot & no issues apart from some of our idiots lobbing stuff across most of which landed by us.

Londonccfcfan

Common sense and a basic Risk Assessment dictates.

1) lunchtime 12pm kick off.
2) Less away fans if we are talking 3k max.
3) No historical beef with boro.

The above equals.LOWER RISK. Compared to say Birmingham 3pm k/o with 4k away fans.

Surely 1k of segregation is enough!

Londonccfcfan

The barrier isn't "movable". It's a roller shutter which is built into the structure of the concourse.
Stupid design. Most Events/Halls should be e expandable on a block by block basis as most hospitality/events businesses are. Shouldnt cost millions.

slowpoke

There was a image going about last week with the capacities of each block but I cant find it. Generally about 1000 per block. So about 2k-2.5k
Thing is in the premier all away allocations will sellout be it 2/3 or 4000. Looking at that picture I’d guess the away fans will be in 6/7/8 & 9. unless it’s decided to give over most that end.

Calista

Struggling to understand the meltdowns over tickets. If you have a season ticket you'll get one, if you don't then you run the risk of not getting one. That's ALWAYS been the case
If it was as simple as that, this topic would be very short.

Glance through the thread - literally nobody is disputing priority for Season Ticket holders. The IT systems are as flaky as hell (including blocking people incorrectly), it has been made very awkward for people to sit with their friends/family, the release of blocks is totally unfathomable, communication is poor, and the South Stand arrangements are becoming a farce.

I'm sure the end result this week will be a near-full stadium and a great atmosphere, but going forward the club needs to have serious plans for big attendances.

Sky Blue Pete

There have been so many monumental fucks up over the last 15 years, but I think having a stadium that seems incapable of having a 'normal' away allocation segregated possibly even tops having an inoperable train station. Jesus wept, it's bad,
It can it’s 6000 big!
Doug asked us about empty seats at the forum and it was a good challenge.
If we were gonna sell tickets he will spend money sorting it out for next year

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Thing is in the premier all away allocations will sellout be it 2/3 or 4000. Looking at that picture I’d guess the away fans will be in 6/7/8 & 9. unless it’s decided to give over most that end.
Fairly sure there aren't any away PL grounds that offer 4,000 (as standard anyway).

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It can it’s 6000 big!
Doug asked us about empty seats at the forum and it was a good challenge.
If we were gonna sell tickets he will spend money sorting it out for next year
That isn't a 'normal' allocation though. It shouldn't have to be 1,500 or 6,000. A PL allocation for a stadium of our size is probably 2,500. Why are we incapable of not offering that without taking out like 2,000+ home fans for segregation/concourse issues.

Domo

i understand all the barriers/segregation between home and away fans, but surely we can get a max of 31,407 (same we had for the chelsea record?)

shmmeee

Well I know I get told bollox and don’t challenge anything!
But the issue was not safety but of the risk the police saw.
For me boro are not trouble makers
They have 2000 fans
There will be a party atmosphere
There’s no reason not to open to home fans where the barrier is under the concourse
That’s the decision I expect

Would love to know when discussions started about this and if it wasn’t the second we had all the issues with the Brum game why not? It was obvious then we needed sell out games looking at and had a high chance of another two weeks later.

clint van damme

i would imagine 13000 sths would not buy more than 20000 tickets - so if capacity of around 29000 with segregation and 1000 for hospitality etc, you have 8k left for general approx

Every ST holder I've been in contact with since yesterday has bought 2.
Not a massive sample admittedly but about a dozen people.

richnrg

Every ST holder I've been in contact with since yesterday has bought 2.
Not a massive sample admittedly but about a dozen people.
out of interest, are they generally buying the second ticket for someone that normally goes to games, or for someone else entirely?

pusbccfc

There should be a way of segregating the concourse into 1500, 2000. 3000, 4500 or 6000 away fans, a few roller shutter doors here and there

There is.

We had away fans in the block 10 of the South Stand in 2019 against Gillingham.

There is also two separate sets of turnstiles. One closer to singers corner and shop and the other.

pusbccfc

So looking at this recent pic, the concourse barrier must be between 11 & 10. So realistically, we could only have 13 and 12 opened up.

View attachment 29499

That barrier is killing us.

That's not where the barrier is. They are metal shutters which are opened when over 3000 away fans are there. We've had away fans beyond where the scoreboard finishes in 2019.

theferret

The stadium is designed so that the south stand can be split in half, meaning an away allocation of 3000, which is the minimum PL allocation for stadiums over 30K capacity. Nothing more needs to be done, it's already in place.

hill83

Would love to know when discussions started about this and if it wasn’t the second we had all the issues with the Brum game why not? It was obvious then we needed sell out games looking at and had a high chance of another two weeks later.

Even basic stuff as well like the new family zone for next season being classed as the family zone for tickets for this match. Why wasn’t this thought about beforehand.

Edit: It’s run like where I work. Big ideas from up top. No planning. Big release. Carnage when it doesn’t work.

I’m getting heart palpitations remembering my first line IT support days reading this thread.

shmmeee

The Ticketmaster back end system is not the most user friendly system in the world to be fair.

Having said that the vast majority of the issues we have are caused by the clubs choices over ticket distribution and / or the lack of clear instruction for people who aren’t good with tech.

when I have to reserve tickets with my membership at Edgbaston I get an email with step by step instructions. It’s not hard to preempt the majority of issues

Its the same few problems every time we have a game like this and still we don’t cover the basics in the article instead filling it with stuff like ground plans and parking which is fine, but not as important as buying a ticket and keeping the signal to noise ratio on the help lines decent.

bigfatronssba

There have been so many monumental fucks up over the last 15 years, but I think having a stadium that seems incapable of having a 'normal' away allocation segregated possibly even tops having an inoperable train station. Jesus wept, it's bad,

The fact that in 2013, when Sisu were at the height of their incompetency, could get home fans behind the goal against Crewe, but we can’t now raises serious questions.

What has changed?

Users who are viewing this thread