Tickets sold (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Went in the club shop this morning, over heard the bloke tell somebody it was around 7k for yeovil so far

Kingokings204

so is that 3k ST and 4k MT? I guess so. Very disappointing.

Why such a low attendance?

cov4theprem

I have watched Cov for years but Friday was the first time I took my kids (7 and 5 yrs) and we sat in the family enclosure. It was great for them as we were surrounded by similar families and was very friendly area and no shouting or bad language. If I went on my own I would much rather pay a couple of quid more and sit where there is an atmosphere and 'football language'.

The Lurker

on said on a separate thread. CCFC missed a trick here. Should have done a package of £25 for Gillingham and Yeovil. Would overall attracted 20k for both games then

covcity4life

on said on a separate thread. CCFC missed a trick here. Should have done a package of £25 for Gillingham and Yeovil. Would overall attracted 20k for both games then

too many people want to back the machine rather than fight it. same people who buy fifa and cream about x factor each year no doubt.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
£24 per full adult ticket. After you take out the VAT, season ticket discount, the concessions, the free tickets etc then the ticket income per person is around £9. If you dropped the ticket price from £24 to £19 that's a 21% drop so lets say that drops income per person to £7 - it probably would not be that low

Average crowd say 12000

at £9 that would be 108k per match
at £7 that would be 84k per match - a drop of £24k

so to remain the same as 12000 at £9 you would need to make up 24k or at £7 average per ticket around 3400 extra supporters. Its a tough call as to whether we could but you would hope that given some success and the momentum of Friday etc we should be able to get average crowds of 15400 shouldn't we.

*edit if average ticket price dropped to £8 then you would only need an extra 1500 people to stand still at £108k per match. All about getting the right price/sales mix

If that could be done there is no "loss" to the club as such but surely a better match experience with more people in the ground, which means more people spreading the word to come to matches. Better crowds feeds in to monies from F&B share, advertising, sponsorship too

It is about getting the right balance and maintaining momentum. It is a fine line I suppose time will tell if they got it right.

Last edited:

Gint11

£24 per full adult ticket. After you take out the VAT, season ticket discount, the concessions, the free tickets etc then the ticket income per person is around £9. If you dropped the ticket price from £24 to £19 that's a 21% drop so lets say that drops income per person to £7 - it probably would not be that low

Average crowd say 12000

at £9 that would be 108k per match
at £7 that would be 84k per match - a drop of £24k

so to remain the same as 12000 at £9 you would need to make up 24k or at £7 average per ticket around 3400 extra supporters. Its a tough call as to whether we could but you would hope that given some success and the momentum of Friday etc we should be able to get average crowds of 15400 shouldn't we.

*edit if average ticket price dropped to £8 then you would only need an extra 1500 people to stand still at £108k per match. All about getting the right price/sales mix

If that could be done there is no "loss" to the club as such but surely a better match experience with more people in the ground, which means more people spreading the word to come to matches. Better crowds feeds in to monies from F&B share, advertising, sponsorship too

It is about getting the right balance and maintaining momentum. It is a fine line I suppose time will tell if they got it right.

Alright Carol Vorderman, put your pen down.

shmmeee

Dropping the top ticket price by 21% wouldn't drop the average by the same as you're only reducing one ticket tier.

shmmeee

As an aside: I wonder sometimes if there's people inside CCFC doing as detailed analysis and discussion of options as there is on here.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Dropping the top ticket price by 21% wouldn't drop the average by the same as you're only reducing one ticket tier.

agreed shmeee :) that's kind of why I put in the caveat of "probably not be that low" I wouldn't think there is any real reason to drop the ST or concession prices further prices are not bad for those, but even there I think there is room to manoeuver. Think you would probably end up around the £8 per ticket per match region

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The important thing certainly initially was to get people back in the habit and to maintain and build momentum. we will have to wait see if the price structure has added to that or not - I have some doubts that it has. The biggest effect on crowds though is going to be success on the pitch not price of tickets

Spagbol

Very, very disappointed with this news. With the problems of getting through to the ticket office and slow systems to purchase tickets, I would be surprised if they break the 10k mark. Got our season tickets last week, thoroughly enjoyed Friday night, and looking forward to a season full of optimism. Feel a little deflated now and let down. I honestly thought we would keep it above 15k, looks doubtful now :(

ajsccfc

They're aiming at 20k according to the Telegraph which seems a bit mad. I'd be delighted with 14k.

SlowerThanPlatt

Around 5,500 fans – comprising 4,000 season ticket holders and roughly 1,500 general sales – have already committed themselves to the Yeovil game, and it’s hoped that figure will rise significantly come kick-off time.

Poor.

Nick

Administrator
Very, very disappointed with this news. With the problems of getting through to the ticket office and slow systems to purchase tickets, I would be surprised if they break the 10k mark. Got our season tickets last week, thoroughly enjoyed Friday night, and looking forward to a season full of optimism. Feel a little deflated now and let down. I honestly thought we would keep it above 15k, looks doubtful now :(
There was no queue in the store for tickets

Baginton

Is there no pay on the gate for Yeovil !!

thats what I reckon most people will do, as there is no mad rush for tickets, and people still have three weeks to purchase old ST seats.

we'll get 17-18k no problem, after the great win last Friday.

Kingokings204

Is there no pay on the gate for Yeovil !!

thats what I reckon most people will do, as there is no mad rush for tickets, and people still have three weeks to purchase old ST seats.

we'll get 17-18k no problem, after the great win last Friday.

I really hope so more the merrier but as we know the ticket prices don't help as with the £2 walk up charge. :whistle:

Limey

Players running out to <10k is going to give Yeovil a massive boost imo. 15k would be half decent.

I think this is a key game. Come on City fans!

Porkchophill

There has been about a 1000 tickets given away for a cancelled charity day that has had to be moved because of the club returning that will boost the attendance a bit also I do think there will be a very large walk up contingent , 15000 isn't unreachable yet

pusbccfc

18k will be there.

Qwerty70

Definitely cash turnstiles sat, apart from the 3 sell outs they have been in use every game. 15k sat would b great but I suspect 12ish.

Users who are viewing this thread