Tickets sold (3 Viewers)

ps1948

I now live in Portsmouth, where they are getting minimum home gates of 15K. League 2 football is shite but they nearly lost their team to the abyss.

As for Friday, I've seen many more boring games in the Premier League on TV. I thought it was edge of the seat stuff (baring the obvious quality compared to higher divisions).

Well said! I had the misfortune to catch Vile v Newcastle on BT Sport, and I gave up watching as the quality (in the "World's best league") was awful....there were a lot of mistakes last Friday, but I thought it was pretty exciting, and certainly think a neutral would have been entertained

Jackoskyblue

Some of you may have missed a point here. Didn't the OP say they overheard that 7k had been sold then someone ASSUMED that included season tickets. I don't think it would include season tickets it sounds as tho 7k is purely for match tickets which takes us to 11k with season tickets. 2 more days to buy tickets and a strong walk up plus Yeovil fabs I think we can hit 18k easily

Otis

Hope you're right, Jacko.

I myself read it as 7,000 + ST holders, not as a total. Do think it needs to be over 15,000there for sure. If City fans really care what happens to this club and wants it to have a successful future we need fans in the ground.

A winning team is the other main factor, but it is a chicken and egg situation. Let's hope Pressley can get the team winning regularly, but fantastic backing from the fans will go a long way in helping that.

skybluelee

Well I have begged the wife to let me go so I will be making my 2nd 400 mile trip in 6 days.

If there are 10K there you have to question whether the people of Coventry deserve a football club.

How people can essentially say we should be charging non league prices (ie the same as Nuneaton) is laughable.

Kingokings204

Well I have begged the wife to let me go so I will be making my 2nd 400 mile trip in 6 days.

If there are 10K there you have to question whether the people of Coventry deserve a football club.

How people can essentially say we should be charging non league prices (ie the same as Nuneaton) is laughable.

Do Nuneaton have a 32k to take advantage of?

Is 10-12k fans for a match against Yeovil Town a bad turn out for this league when LAST put up the average and we are top 2 in the League if started at the Ricoh?

Just a couple of thinkers there.

RoboCCFC90

It doesn't matter what the attendance is, some people will always argue that fact with the same line. "It's more than we had at Sixfields." Which is truly pathetic. I am sure many will start coming back if we are in with a sniff just before the end of the season..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Our prices are not cheap. Nuneaton's prices are not cheap.

Nobody said our prices should be the same as at Nuneaton. The point made was that a bit lower could bring many back. A £24 ticket gives our club £19.20 after tax. An £18 ticket gives our club £14.40 so a £6 reduction costs our club £4.80. We keep hearing about attendances of 10,000. If 4,000 of these are STH's this would leave 6,000 tickets sold. For our club to get the same income we would only need to go from 10,000 to 12,000 whilst selling tickets at 25% cheaper. Any more than 12,000 would give our club more money. But the biggest point would be having a better atmosphere. But you have read all these points before in this thread. No points on why it wouldn't happen. Just like when some were saying that us not going to Northampton wouldn't help bring our club home. No consideration on the finances. The only point was it wouldn't work. OK we don't know for sure if it would work by reducing prices, but it is obvious that the cheaper the tickets the more people can afford to go.

Why is it so bad trying to consider what could bring more of our supporters back? How can you say it is laughable when it could easily work. The best supported club in our division has tickets at about this price or even cheaper. And their support is nearly twice of what we expect. And that is from a city with two football clubs.

Kingokings204

It doesn't matter what the attendance is, some people will always argue that fact with the same line. "It's more than we had at Sixfields." Which is truly pathetic. I am sure many will start coming back if we are in with a sniff just before the end of the season..

Its true though, its more than we had at sixfields. Although I agree this is not a great comeback you cant argue with it. Some posters seem to think any less than 20k fans for Saturday and they question our fans support which is just madness all things considered.

Some fans will turn up for every game religiously and some fans need a reason to come with the 2 main reasons being price and/or success. Look at Friday night I have never seen so many women and children at Coventry match in my life. They had a reason to come.

theferret

up there in the top 10 worst forum posts of all time.

Given what the people of this city have done to rescue this football club over the past 18 months (recognised throughout the game), to then suggest we 'don't derserve a football club' because we're set for a home gate of about 11,000 in the third division (pretty much bang on our average 2 seasons ago) is just laughable.

RoboCCFC90

Its true though, its more than we had at sixfields. Although I agree this is not a great comeback you cant argue with it. Some posters seem to think any less than 20k fans for Saturday and they question our fans support which is just madness all things considered.

Some fans will turn up for every game religiously and some fans need a reason to come with the 2 main reasons being price and/or success. Look at Friday night I have never seen so many women and children at Coventry match in my life. They had a reason to come.

No it's a great comeback it's a totally shit one to be frank, that said it was the same during the last full season we spent at the Ricoh.. Many fans will wait until there is a sniff of glory..

I appreciate there are those that can't go for whatever reason, be it work, prior engagements or money, but there are a certain number who just can't/won't be arsed..

Kingokings204

No it's a great comeback it's a totally shit one to be frank, that said it was the same during the last full season we spent at the Ricoh.. Many fans will wait until there is a sniff of glory..

I appreciate there are those that can't go for whatever reason, be it work, prior engagements or money, but there are a certain number who just can't/won't be arsed..

Yes its a totally "shit one" I agree but its still true. say we get 12k for Yeovil Town then that's 10k more than sixfields would of got and we are told that "we don't deserve a football club" Its beggars belief.

But its those people who cant be arsed in your opinion that every club would have. We are no different. Some people seems to think because we are back home people should go to every game, that was never going to be the case. Northampton for me was purely moral principals against a greedy hedgefund. I don't care whether we get 2k the same as sixfields at the Ricoh its Coventry city playing in Coventry. That was the main point for me not the attendances however I want a sell out every week at the ricoh but this wont happen.

Otis

The point is there is now a feel good factor around the club as a result of us coming home. Cast your eyes back to a couple of weeks ago when the whole city was ectastic. There was euphoria at our return and a massive clamour for tickets for that first game back at the Ricoh.

I'm not expecting 20,000 for Yeovil, but if it was between 10,000-12,000 that would surely be very poor wouldn't it? Has the sheen and the euphoria worn off so quickly?

Hoping it will be around 15,000 or more. 15,000+ will be a good turn out. 10,000 will mean 17,000 missing fans in just one single week and I just can't get my head around that at all.

Last edited:

theferret

The point is there is now a feel good factor around the club as a result of us coming home. Cast your eyes back to a couple of weeks ago when the whole city was ectastic. There was euphoria at our return and a massive clamour for tickets for that first game back at the Ricoh.

I'm not expecting 20,000 for Yeovil, but if it was between 10,000-12,000 that would surely be very poor wouldn't it? Has the sheen and the euphoria worn off so quickly?

Hoping it will be around 15,000 or more. 15,000+ will be a good turn out. 10,000 will mean 17,000 missing fans and I just can't get my head around that at all.

It is disappointing Otis, but some people are getting hysterical about it. I know many who went on Friday who are not going Saturday - but they are going to the Preston game. Some just can't do every game.

Our attendances at the moment (and it really does look like no more than 10K on Saturday so we really ought to get used to the idea), are pretty much at the lowest point since the 2nd world war. They've bottomed out and it's going to be hard to entice them back regularly. We need a promotion for that, but of course for that we probably need a few more through the gates. Frustrating.

RoboCCFC90

Yes its a totally "shit one" I agree but its still true. say we get 12k for Yeovil Town then that's 10k more than sixfields would of got and we are told that "we don't deserve a football club" Its beggars belief.

But its those people who cant be arsed in your opinion that every club would have. We are no different. Some people seems to think because we are back home people should go to every game, that was never going to be the case. Northampton for me was purely moral principals against a greedy hedgefund. I don't care whether we get 2k the same as sixfields at the Ricoh its Coventry city playing in Coventry. That was the main point for me not the attendances however I want a sell out every week at the ricoh but this wont happen.

Right perhaps it's a valid argument, however based on the fact we played 35 miles and in a different County, I don't think it has any bearing, what we need to compare on is that last season at the Ricoh as a base for support.

Well I don't see why it shouldn't be the case, we have a strong squad, we are unbeaten in six games, we are just outside the play offs and looking at the JPT draw we have a decent chance in our area as well, there should be more coming to the Ricoh, all the arguments for a successful could be made.

Kingokings204

Hoping it will be around 15,000 or more. 15,000+ will be a good turn out. 10,000 will mean 17,000 missing fans and I just can't get my head around that at all.

Lets wait and see for the attendance then as no one really knows and we will only know come Saturday. We have to expect 27,000 wont turn up every week but we need to make sure 15+ do as you say. A half full ground every time and I have no doubts with the football we were playing last year we would of seen bigger crowds. 2 games in a week is a lot for some people for numerous reasons that have been explained but keep winning and get into top 6 then more will come back for sure.

Waggott said yesterday he spoke with SP and they have to beat Yeovil to then make people believe we are play off contenders. 2 promoted teams from league 2 after in Scunthorpe and Rochdale and get 4 points there and we will be firmly in the top 6 for Preston back at the Ricoh and Preston imo are the best team in the league so they will be top 6 also and I fully expect this to be a bumper crowd if that all goes to plan.

Of course as a city fan we lose the next 3 games and no one turns up for Preston lol

Kingokings204

Right perhaps it's a valid argument, however based on the fact we played 35 miles and in a different County, I don't think it has any bearing, what we need to compare on is that last season at the Ricoh as a base for support.

Well I don't see why it shouldn't be the case, we have a strong squad, we are unbeaten in six games, we are just outside the play offs and looking at the JPT draw we have a decent chance in our area as well, there should be more coming to the Ricoh, all the arguments for a successful could be made.

Yes I agree forget sixfield attendances and look at ricoh ones from the season already in league 1. They are the ones that are relevant.

I think as I replied to Otis and Preston will be a bumper corwd.

RoboCCFC90

Yes I agree forget sixfield attendances and look at ricoh ones from the season already in league 1. They are the ones that are relevant.

I think as I replied to Otis and Preston will be a bumper corwd.

As you said above, the Preston game really depends on a number of factors, it's a Saturday fixture meaning Preston might take a decent away following, but if we could get 7/9 in the next three games the buzz should be right there, I am hoping to just remain unbeaten and try to pick up a clean sweep, that said it won't be easy but if we want to be serious about being contenders then why not aim for that?

Kingokings204

As you said above, the Preston game really depends on a number of factors, it's a Saturday fixture meaning Preston might take a decent away following, but if we could get 7/9 in the next three games the buzz should be right there, I am hoping to just remain unbeaten and try to pick up a clean sweep, that said it won't be easy but if we want to be serious about being contenders then why not aim for that?

Couldn't agree more lets win all 3 and all 3 are winnable for sure. I imagine in 3 games time if we say 7/9 point or even 2 wins and 1 loss I would take then both us and Preston should be top 6. End of the month and pay day for a lot then we really could have a great game for Preston.

Come on City don't let us down now.

Otis

It is disappointing Otis, but some people are getting hysterical about it. I know many who went on Friday who are not going Saturday - but they are going to the Preston game. Some just can't do every game.

Our attendances at the moment (and it really does look like no more than 10K on Saturday so we really ought to get used to the idea), are pretty much at the lowest point since the 2nd world war. They've bottomed out and it's going to be hard to entice them back regularly. We need a promotion for that, but of course for that we probably need a few more through the gates. Frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, Ferret, I have been one who has always said that getting 10,000 a week is very good considering the shit we've been through and the lack of any success whatsoever for nigh on 30 years.

What I don't get is that we now have a massive feel good factor around the fact that we are home and just look at the queues last week for the first homecoming game and the clamour for tickets. Things have changed.

The Yeovil game simply has to have a decent crowd. As I've said if it's over 15,000 I will be happy, if it reaches 20,000 I will be ecstatic. If 12,000 or less I will be shaking my head in dismay. I just don't think it would be that low though.

I know 10,000 has been okay in the past, but now in view of the euphoria and interest in our being back home we should now not be having crowds of 10,000. And as has been said previosuly, we cannot survive at the Ricoh on crowds of 10,000.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Like it or not Friday saw a stadium filled above normal levels with a sizeable number of "occasion seekers". There were lots of people who just wanted to be able to say "I was there". It was fuelled by a media frenzy and to some degree the manner in which the tickets were sold. The repeated references to tickets are running out increased the public interest and created a kind of panic that you might miss out. I would guess there were many thousands there that basically were interested in CCFC, want the "I was there badge" and are not nor ever were regular attendees.

Compare that to the Yeovil match. Not, with all due respect to Yeovil, the greatest attraction for a match, no media hype, no real information from the club on tickets, no panic for tickets, not an "occasion". Add in to that the number of times over many years that CCFC have flattered to deceive, the years of under achievement, the 12 months of habit changing what is the realistic expectation of a crowd. Then factor in the broken trust, the only recent attention to fans needs, the damage done by things said or done during the dispute, the disconnect from the fans, even the repeated operational cock ups that have gone on. There is a lot to repair and less ardent fans remain to be convinced.

The return to the Ricoh is a step - be it a very big step - in the right direction. It was never going to be the cure all, just being back does not guarantee footfall, feel good factors can wear off and quickly. The one thing that will make the biggest difference is success on the pitch. Get the team consistently challenging in league or cups and people will turn up on a regular basis.

What has just happened Friday is a building block. It shows everyone that there can be significant interest in CCFC. The next step is in the hands of the club and its owners. If we get 12000 plus against Yeovil that might disappoint some but the reality is that is not a bad base to build from. Significantly more than 12k and to be honest I think that would be brilliant. It is early days yet. Three weeks ago it was 2279 against one of the best supported teams in L1

Last edited:

Otis

Like it or not Friday saw a stadium filled above normal levels with a sizeable number of "occasion seekers". There were lots of people who just wanted to be able to say "I was there". It was fuelled by a media frenzy and to some degree the manner in which the tickets were sold. The repeated references to tickets are running out increased the public interest and created a kind of panic that you might miss out. I would guess there were many thousands there that basically were interested in CCFC, want the "I was there badge" and are not nor ever were regular attendees.

Compare that to the Yeovil match. Not, with all due respect to Yeovil, the greatest attraction for a match, no media hype, no real information from the club on tickets, no panic for tickets, not an "occasion". Add in to that the number of times over many years that CCFC have flattered to deceive, the years of under achievement, the 12 months of habit changing what is the realistic expectation of a crowd. Then factor in the broken trust, the only recent attention to fans needs, the damage done by things said or done during the dispute, the disconnect from the fans, even the repeated operational cock ups that have gone on. There is a lot to repair and less ardent fans remain to be convinced.

The return to the Ricoh is a step - be it a very big step - in the right direction. It was never going to be the cure all, just being back does not guarantee footfall, feel good factors can wear off and quickly. The one thing that will make the biggest difference is success on the pitch. Get the team consistently challenging in league or cups and people will turn up on a regular basis.

What has just happened Friday is a building block. It shows everyone that there can be significant interest in CCFC. The next step is in the hands of the club and its owners. If we get 12000 plus against Yeovil that might disappoint some but the reality is that is not a bad base to build from. It is early days yet. Three weeks ago it was 2279 against one of the best supported teams in L1

Yes, I would agree with much of that and if we have just an okay season I would expect attendance levels to drop to around 12,000, but we are still within the feel good factor of coming home aren't we?

We played that first game, had a fantastic atmosphere and we won. We are now only one week on. I would expect the levels of interest to still be high and the wane effect to manifest itself slightly further down the line.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, I would agree with much of that and if we have just an okay season I would expect attendance levels to drop to around 12,000, but we are still within the feel good factor of coming home aren't we?

We played that first game, had a fantastic atmosphere and we won. We are now only one week on. I would expect the levels of interest to still be high and the wane effect to manifest itself slightly further down the line.

Exactly, we won and it was a good night. I could understand if we lost 7-0 a few people wouldn't want to come, if it was a rubbish atmosphere then a few more wouldn't want to come.

Why can't the media be behind us every game rather than just the first one back? Why can't we have a buzz for every home game (I know it won't be as big as last week, but at least a bit of a buzz around the city)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

I would still expect the feel good factor Otis as you say. It should not wear off in a week I agree but we look at it from a passionate CCFC viewpoint. I wonder just how many of the 27600 were in fact like you and I ....... I have the feeling that 50% were not - I hope I am wrong. If so many were really "I was there" badge seekers then it will take time and consistent success to get them to commit every week. Personally I would like to think the crowd will be 15k, so long as it is over 12k then I think the point on support is reasonably well made to the club and others involved.

Rather than looking at it as a disappointment I would look at it as a firm base to build from. We don't want a lot of fans to go for a few games then give up - we want a growing strong fan base that commits to supporting the club don't we?

Last edited:

Astute

Totally agree, there should be no barriers stopping people from buying

Maybe they are trying not to sell tickets until the day of the match so they can charge an extra £2 ;)

Limey

No excuse if phone line not working. Have tweeted club for what good it will do..
Online is working fine and quickly by the way.

Kingokings204

Maybe they are trying not to sell tickets until the day of the match so they can charge an extra £2 ;)[/QUO

Think about that for a second if 2,000 turn up on the day instead of buying in advance then isn't that another £4k? Pays for a day in court I guess :slap:

fernandopartridge

Do Nuneaton have a 32k to take advantage of?

Is 10-12k fans for a match against Yeovil Town a bad turn out for this league when LAST put up the average and we are top 2 in the League if started at the Ricoh?

Just a couple of thinkers there.
So if prices were permanently reduced City would achieve regular 30k gates? Based on the highest average of the last 30 years being 21k.

How does it stack up with FFP?

Users who are viewing this thread