Three years a go today (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Bugsy

what a game. what a night and what an atmosphere...PUSB

Mcbean

Biamou and Shipley were epic -........................................................................... i'll get me coat

best away night since Mugchester in the Cup

Skyblueweeman

Notts County were dreadful that night. Great performance from us mind. What a night that was and I wasn't even there. I was going mad in my living room at home!

kg82

I was with a Notts County fan in a bar over here... it was wonderful! He was, let’s say, quite confident before the game started. And I was crapping it!

Sick Boy

Notts County were dreadful that night. Great performance from us mind. What a night that was and I wasn't even there. I was going mad in my living room at home!
We got very lucky with a few decisions over the two legs. Their equaliser in the second game was onside and our third was offside.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The three big days in City's history - Wolves in '67, Spurs in '87 and this match

Add Wolves away 77/78 qualified for Europe for the first time.

Frostie

We got very lucky with a few decisions over the two legs. Their equaliser in the second game was onside and our third was offside.

There was a couple of decisions we had a bit of luck on for sure but we absolutely dominated them over the 2 legs.

ovduk78

Equaliser, thought they made it 2-1.
Stead was wrestling Grimmer from intercepting the ball though.
They had a goal ruled out for offside when it was 2-1. I always thought their goal should have been disallowed for Stead holding Grimmer

Irish Sky Blue

One of my sons can remember a little bit of our time in the top flight, the other one who is a City fan (I've 2 other sons who don't like football) only started going after relegation.
After years of failure and dross (even the checkatrade was quickly followed by relegation) this was the first time that they really experienced the good side of being a City fan. Being there with them on a balmy summers evening, watching our team perform like that under the lights was a magical experience.I could tell that it had touched them both, in fact the eldest was saying as we walked back to the car from Meadow Lane through hoards of singing, dancing City fans that it was one of the best nights of his life. The celebrations on the pitch by team at the end added to the night.
Fans of the 6 ESL teams, certainly the arm chair ones, would rarely if ever experience anything like that, as it's only when you have been down, and our club was at its lowest ever point a year before I think, that you really appreciate the good times like this.
A fantastic occasion,one of the top memories I have from 55 years as a City fan.

Evo1883

Notts County fan said something to me outside about sisu afterwards , I was that happy I didn't even care , hope they're enjoying the national league
giphy.gif

Sick Boy

Equaliser, thought they made it 2-1.
Stead was wrestling Grimmer from intercepting the ball though.
They made it 2-2 but it got ruled out - it was a legitimate goal. They were dickheads outside and I was still reeling from the 2-1 defeat up their in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread